whats up at merrill?

10 replies [Last post]
peanutbroker's picture
Offline
Joined: 2006-04-06

Cover story on the registered rep site reads that they are making brokers sign a form saying they are not looking for other employment? What is truly going on?

Revealer's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-02-13

Coming soon! New Snoop Dog video......Bureaucrats Gone Wild!!!

rightway's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-12-02

Merrill has a concentration of the largest producers in the
indusrty.  They have more 1 mil plus producers and the highest
average production/rep than any other firm.  Because of this, they
are more prone to be a pool to fish from for other firms.  It
seems this is a step as a deterrent as well as to give the boot to
those that are planning on leaving before they are fully prepared to do
so...which makes the competition for the clients lean in Merrills favor.

bankrep1's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-12-02

umm yeah I am planning on leaving...duh

peanutbroker's picture
Offline
Joined: 2006-04-06

seems like they are trying to cut advisors off at the corner. That VP of HR's days are numbered. That is going to back fire on them big time.

jonesescapee's picture
Offline
Joined: 2006-05-23

peanutbroker wrote:Cover story on the registered rep site reads that they are making brokers sign a form saying they are not looking for other employment? What is truly going on?
Yeah, they are afraid that the brokers might want to go to Edward Jones......you know to get away from the Emails. Plus, they are interested in paying 1300 hundred per month for that 70's technology.

NASD Newbie's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-08-01

jonesescapee wrote:
Yeah, they are afraid that the brokers might want to go to Edward Jones......you know to get away from the Emails. Plus, they are interested in paying 1300 hundred per month for that 70's technology.

When you can't close a customer for a month or more you find yourself in a frenzied search for reasons--when the real cause is in the bathroom mirror.

Philo Kvetch's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-05-17

Is that the reason you lasted a mere 6 years in production, Put?  (At two different firms, no less.)

NASD Newbie's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-08-01

Philo Kvetch wrote:Is that the reason you lasted a mere 6 years in production, Put?  (At two different firms, no less.)
Mere six years?  I was disappointed that I didn't make the management team quicker than I did.
But, unlike you, I did make the team.

Philo Kvetch's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-05-17

NASD Newbie wrote:
Philo Kvetch wrote:Is that the reason you lasted a mere 6 years in production, Put?  (At two different firms, no less.)
Mere six years?  I was disappointed that I didn't make the management team quicker than I did.
But, unlike you, I did make the team.

LOL....I OWN the team.

cranky sob's picture
Offline
Joined: 2006-06-15

Philo Kvetch wrote:NASD Newbie wrote:
Philo Kvetch wrote:Is that the reason you lasted a mere 6 years in production, Put?  (At two different firms, no less.)
Mere six years?  I was disappointed that I didn't make the management team quicker than I did.
But, unlike you, I did make the team.

LOL....I OWN the team.

Perfect!

Please or Register to post comments.

Industry Newsletters
Investment Category Sponsor Links

 

Careers Category Sponsor Links

Sponsored Introduction Continue on to (or wait seconds) ×