Number of Exam Takers - Series 7 and Series 65/66

3 replies [Last post]
mstudy's picture

Anyone know the number of people who take the Series 7 and Series 65/66 each year.  I could not find anything on Google so I might have to call FINRA and/or the NASAA.  In the spirit of full disclosure, I am trying to determine if the demand for the series 65/66 would justify adding it to my business model.  I would have to buy the materials, etc.  It appears that the series 65/66 has changed alot since I took it many years ago in that it is much more investment focused now as opposed regulations-oriented. 

Michael's picture

The series 65 is a Bit_h.  and then some.  Time constraints and material is very vague, grey and there is alot to it.  Not tobe taken lightly.  I used the Kaplan material but others would suggest otherwise.  I have been out of the business for a while and upon re-entry I find it has become a little more difficult.  Pretty much the same old Sh_t just more of it.  very little math mostly law!  Alot of Federal stuff on mine,  which I found odd.  I thought this was supposed to be about blue sky, State!  All in all I think in the end Kaplans material is better than STC.  It will probably take more than 40 hrs to study.  I spent at least 80 just to get the real understandning.   Good luck!

mstudy's picture

That is odd.  The content outline has 31% allocated to: "Laws, Regulations, and Guidelines, including Prohibition on Unethical Business Practices"  The rest looks like investment/economic related topics

yahtzeefish's picture

The series 65 was pretty easy IMO. Just take the practice tests on investopdia (although the questions are a bit outdated). This guide helped me pass: http://www.amazon.com/Uniform-Investment-Adviser-Comprehensive-Notes/dp/4563456543/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1377107085&sr=1-4&keywords=uniform+investment+adviser+exam+notes

Please or Register to post comments.

Industry Newsletters
Investment Category Sponsor Links
Wealth Planning Category Sponsor Links
Practice Management Category Sponsor Links

Sponsored Introduction Continue on to (or wait seconds) ×