I know I'm screwed when...

39 replies [Last post]
voltmoie's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-11-05

I walk up to a house and there is a Subaru Outback or Forrester parked in the driveway.  It's the liberal middle aged white ladies flagship!

Gaddock's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-02-23

I get the same email from my manager, complex manager, operations, margin and compliance all at the same time about the same topic.

someonewouldntexpect's picture
Joined: 2008-10-25

Let me guess, Obama is the devil, right?

Gaddock's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-02-23

someonewouldntexpect wrote:Let me guess, Obama is the devil, right?
 
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

UNDERMINDED's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-10-14

someonewouldntexpect wrote:Let me guess, Obama is the devil, right?
 
no.  He just works for him.
 
 
speaking of which, check out the new AXP record "The Devil We Don't Know"

someonewouldntexpect's picture
Joined: 2008-10-25

UNDERMINDED wrote:someonewouldntexpect wrote:Let me guess, Obama is the devil, right?
 
no.  He just works for him.
 
 
speaking of which, check out the new AXP record "The Devil We Don't Know"As do I, I can assure you the Devil is not a commie.

army13A's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-03-22

As a recently separated Veteran from OIF, I find it appalling that individuals speak about our Commander in Chief in this way.  No matter your personal views (I for one am an Independent b/c both parties suck), this is not the way to speak about our President.  When Dubya was President and anyone spoke out against him, individuals were deemed un-American but you guys can call him a devil and a commie? BTW, what does "Liberal" mean? Liberal and Conservative are probably the most overused terms in our everyday language but when I speak to anyone on the left or right to define liberal or conservative, I never hear anything concrete; just a whole bunch of bashing. 

3rdyrp2's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-11-13

Get off your soapbox, toots.  It's a message board, where guys go to shoot the s*** and b.s. about stuff our bosses and wives wouldn't be interested in.

army13A's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-03-22

3rdyrp2 wrote:Get off your soapbox, toots.  It's a message board, where guys go to shoot the s*** and b.s. about stuff our bosses and wives wouldn't be interested in.Lol, you're right.  That was funny, toots, lol.  Definitely am not on a soapbox and that's funny b/c when I read these forums, I mostly see brokers who have ego's that are out of control.

someonewouldntexpect's picture
Joined: 2008-10-25

army13A wrote:
Lol, you're right.  That was funny, toots, lol.  Definitely am not on a soapbox and that's funny b/c when I read these forums, I mostly see brokers who have ego's that are out of control. Most brokers around here are failed or failing brokers. Don't be too wound up about it.

josephus's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-06-23

Liberals             Tax and SpendConservatives   Borrow and Spend

Ron 14's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-07-10

I know I am screwed when....... I meet a couple who have a CD coming due in 4 months who want to take it out, pay the penalty, and put it in their checking account. They don't need the money, but "with everything that is happening we are not comfortable in CD's." They checking and CD is at the same bank btw.

voltmoie's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-11-05

Ron 14 wrote:I know I am screwed when....... I meet a couple who have a CD coming due in 4 months who want to take it out, pay the penalty, and put it in their checking account. They don't need the money, but "with everything that is happening we are not comfortable in CD's." They checking and CD is at the same bank btw. Are you prospect at the Special Olympics? ;)

Ron 14's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-07-10

I believe I am !

adnuces's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-01-18

"Get off your soapbox, toots.  It's a message board, where guys go to shoot the s*** and b.s. about stuff our bosses and wives wouldn't be interested in. "
 
This is the sexist type comment that I would expect to be made here.  Maybe you need to wake up and get into the correct century where the forums/message boards are not just about "guys shooting the sh*t and bs'ing about things the "little wife" wouldn't be interested in.  This type of comment makes me puke.

3rdyrp2's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-11-13

adnuces wrote:"Get off your soapbox, toots.  It's a message board, where guys go to shoot the s*** and b.s. about stuff our bosses and wives wouldn't be interested in. "
 
This is the sexist type comment that I would expect to be made here.  Maybe you need to wake up and get into the correct century where the forums/message boards are not just about "guys shooting the sh*t and bs'ing about things the "little wife" wouldn't be interested in.  This type of comment makes me puke.

 
It was meant to be an offensive that would get the poster who caused me to make that post to quit his bellyaching.  Is it lonely up there on your soapbox?  For christ sake, this isn't the Miss USA pageant where posters should study every word they say before they say it to make sure it doesn't offend anyone.  I hope people can make politically incorrect snipes every once in a while when deserved without the threat of heavy ammunition.

jkl1v1n6's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-10-06

3rdyrp2 wrote:adnuces wrote:"Get off your soapbox, toots.  It's a message board, where guys go to shoot the s*** and b.s. about stuff our bosses and wives wouldn't be interested in. "
 
This is the sexist type comment that I would expect to be made here.  Maybe you need to wake up and get into the correct century where the forums/message boards are not just about "guys shooting the sh*t and bs'ing about things the "little wife" wouldn't be interested in.  This type of comment makes me puke.

 
It was meant to be an offensive that would get the poster who caused me to make that post to quit his bellyaching.  Is it lonely up there on your soapbox?  For christ sake, this isn't the Miss USA pageant where posters should study every word they say before they say it to make sure it doesn't offend anyone.  I hope people can make politically incorrect snipes every once in a while when deserved without the threat of heavy ammunition.
 
3rdyrp2 I like most of what you say on this board but I beg to differ with you here.  I don't dislike what you said to the original poster it was made to, just the way you said it.  It is the common usage of "politically incorrect snipes" that perpetuates all the isms.  Was it the Family Guy that had the song, "everybody is a little bit racist sometimes"?  

anonymous's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-09-29

adnuces wrote:"Get off your soapbox, toots.  It's a message board, where guys go to shoot the s*** and b.s. about stuff our bosses and wives wouldn't be interested in. "
 
This is the sexist type comment that I would expect to be made here.  Maybe you need to wake up and get into the correct century where the forums/message boards are not just about "guys shooting the sh*t and bs'ing about things the "little wife" wouldn't be interested in.  This type of comment makes me puke.

 
 
Do I understand you correctly?  Sexist comments make you puke.  You expect sexist comments on this board.  Can I safely assume that you are now participating in this board because you want to puke?  Bulimic?

campyhub's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-04-21

Be a little wary.

I have a Subaru Forester. I am a middle-aged, kick-arse, quite obnoxious, male, caucasian, Christian Republican and proud American.

I own the Forester 'cuz it's snappy, economical and has by far the best All Wheel Drive.

I was probably the only Subaru out here with a Bush-Cheney sticker in 2004 and then a McCain-Palin sticker in 2008.

Lesson - there are Republicans who drive Subarus, though I doubt there is a rifle rack available for my Forester.

Here's a key indicator. If the Subie has a stick, it's probably a Republican. Automatic, it's probably your liberal, white, middle-aged bleeding heart lady.

Liberals love automatics. They like everything to just happen and don't ask any questions about how it works. Liberals love government that acts like an automatic tranny.

Conservatives want to know how the tranny works and want high levels of control over what the car is doing. Driving a stick means involvement on the part of the driver. It's not just watching TV, you have to drive the dang car.

Check the tranny before assuming you have a guilt-ridden, bleeding-heart pinko on your hands.

It does happen that the Outback and Forester are the largest selling cars in the US for lesbians. Go figure. That embarrasses me, but I'm keeping my Subie. I'm a lesbian trapped in a convervative male's body anyway.

Incredible Hulk's picture
Offline
Joined: 2006-03-24

campy - you sure do like to talk about "tranny's"......

Mishigun's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-04-16

Well, Campy, you get points for the bumper stickers. I'll try to be more open-minded when following a lesbian trapped in a conservative Christian male's body in a Dixie Chick mobile. That's pretty funny! You could be the embodiment of the rebirth of " the party ."

troll's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-29

.

campyhub's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-04-21

Since we've devolved out of FA topics and onto politics anyway, unlike a Democrat, I peeled the stickers off my Forester the morning after Election Day.

Don't think it's because our dude lost. If the GOP had won, I would have peeled them off.

I offer into evidence that there are still Kerry stickers on cars here in town. Dems like to show they voted for the good guy. I want to tell them, now that it's 6 months later, if they hadn't heard, Obamania won and they can move on.

Obama bumper stickers on a Subie are of course a dead giveaway, but that's stating the obvious (or oblivious, as the case may be).

Dixie Chick Mobile? LOL!

BTW, I may be a lesbian trapped in this body, but definitely not the "liberal" part of lesbian....

Good luck in these prospecting and client conversations. It is an unfortunate fact that Subaru owners do tend to be flaming pinkos. You might want to be ready with a stable of socially responsible equity and bond funds if you see a Subie. Just beware the automagic gearbox (notice I avoided the word "tranny").

jkl1v1n6's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-10-06

campyhub wrote:Since we've devolved out of FA topics and onto politics anyway, unlike a Democrat, I peeled the stickers off my Forester the morning after Election Day. Don't think it's because our dude lost. If the GOP had won, I would have peeled them off. I offer into evidence that there are still Kerry stickers on cars here in town. Dems like to show they voted for the good guy. I want to tell them, now that it's 6 months later, if they hadn't heard, Obamania won and they can move on. Obama bumper stickers on a Subie are of course a dead giveaway, but that's stating the obvious (or oblivious, as the case may be). Dixie Chick Mobile? LOL! BTW, I may be a lesbian trapped in this body, but definitely not the "liberal" part of lesbian.... Good luck in these prospecting and client conversations. It is an unfortunate fact that Subaru owners do tend to be flaming pinkos. You might want to be ready with a stable of socially responsible equity and bond funds if you see a Subie. Just beware the automagic gearbox (notice I avoided the word "tranny").
 
So by default, if you voted Republican you voted for the bad guy?

Mishigun's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-04-16

Yeah, Campy, you are a kick. Right about the lingering liberal bumper stickers. So proud. You've really got me rethinking the whole Subaru thing. I could do undercover work. I never met a socially conscious investor, who, after buying the green index, wouldn't buy the ETF ETN fund OIL or KOL. For down market marketing, I was thinking of going to various bible studies, now I need to go backpacking in my Soob, too.

apprentice's picture
Offline
Joined: 2006-06-06

Subaru owners, and Earthy greenies see our industry as the destruction of the world - best to stay away.  In their mind - people are the infection that's killing the Earth, and need to be eradicated (except for them - because they're somehow good for the Earth).
Funny - Sean Penn drives a hummer, but believes you should walk!

Mishigun's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-04-16

Yeah, App, wait until those greenies have too much cash, and there's inflation. Cash is piling up everywhere. It is getting crazy. I wonder if Sean Penn got that hummer from a guy.

apprentice's picture
Offline
Joined: 2006-06-06

Greenies don't have cash.  They have granola and peace signs (don't forget love).  Any available funds get sent to PBS, and starving artists.
 
Funny - John Travolta lectures us on conservation, but flies his own 120 passanger jet with only 10 people on board!

campyhub's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-04-21

"Funny - John Travolta lectures us on conservation, but flies his own 120 passanger jet with only 10 people on board!"

When you have your own jet airplane and you're a Hollyweed or Washington liberal, logic is for losers. You get to lecture greenies and present yourself as one even if you you are an obvious and flaming hypocrite.

The Savior (where's the sarcasm emoticon?) flew to Iowa on Air Force Uno for Earth Day. 9000 gallons of jet fuel that *you* paid for just so the dude could get his face in front of news cameras.

Anybody out there have granola crunchers and tree huggers in their business plan?

Mishigun's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-04-16

No, because  they're better than me.

Still@jones's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-03-22

this thread is so empty...when will it end???

noggin's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-30

I know I am screwed....when I check and see I am an employee at Jones......

Wasabi Avenger's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-04-17

army13A wrote:As a recently separated Veteran from OIF, I find it appalling that individuals speak about our Commander in Chief in this way.  No matter your personal views (I for one am an Independent b/c both parties suck), this is not the way to speak about our President.  When Dubya was President and anyone spoke out against him, individuals were deemed un-American but you guys can call him a devil and a commie? BTW, what does "Liberal" mean? Liberal and Conservative are probably the most overused terms in our everyday language but when I speak to anyone on the left or right to define liberal or conservative, I never hear anything concrete; just a whole bunch of bashing. 
I'm coming in a little late, but did you watch the news for the last 8 years? Because EVERYONE spoke against Bush/Cheney, all the time. Hell, even sitcoms cracked on em.

Mishigun's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-04-16

Liberal: Does not mind pay "fair share" of taxes. Everyone should have great health insurance. Public education is the only way. We should tax energy into creating alternatives. American must have a car industry in Detroit. I see a bright future for America, if we can only get everyone to like us. Pot should be legalized. Some people should not make too much money. Everything is relative.
 
Conservative: leave me alone.

noggin's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-30

Let's go flat tax, Let's go flat tax!!!!

ExPropTrader's picture
Offline
Joined: 2006-11-19

Ron 14 wrote:I know I am screwed when....... I meet a couple who have a CD coming due in 4 months who want to take it out, pay the penalty, and put it in their checking account. They don't need the money, but "with everything that is happening we are not comfortable in CD's." They checking and CD is at the same bank btw. Sounds like a great opportunity if you have the right product

Gaddock's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-02-23

Hey ExPropTrader .... who were you prop trading through?
 
I was with PairCo via Bright used Golman's Redi platform. Man that blows away what I have a WFC.

Hey Kool-Aid's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-03-30

noggin wrote:I know I am screwed....when I check and see I am an employee at Jones......
 
ok guys...when you tell me i'm talking about the wrong guy when I say he has little to say other than to bash EDJ...you'll see I speak the truth.
 
There are alot of worse places to work for these days than Jones!  As a matter of fact, there is no where I would rather be at this point and time.  I'm sure it's great to be independent if that is right for you, but it's not the right move for all brokers.  Once again you show your one-sided ignorance!  Thanks for proving my point!

Ron 14's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-07-10

ExPropTrader wrote: Ron 14 wrote:I know I am screwed when....... I meet a couple who have a CD coming due in 4 months who want to take it out, pay the penalty, and put it in their checking account. They don't need the money, but "with everything that is happening we are not comfortable in CD's." They checking and CD is at the same bank btw. Sounds like a great opportunity if you have the right product
 
Really ? Great opportunity ? No it isn't, because idiots don't understand the term opportunity, they are too busy being afraid of the world.

noggin's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-30

Hey Kool-Aid wrote:noggin wrote:I know I am screwed....when I check and see I am an employee at Jones......
 
ok guys...when you tell me i'm talking about the wrong guy when I say he has little to say other than to bash EDJ...you'll see I speak the truth.
 
There are alot of worse places to work for these days than Jones!  As a matter of fact, there is no where I would rather be at this point and time.  I'm sure it's great to be independent if that is right for you, but it's not the right move for all brokers.  Once again you show your one-sided ignorance!  Thanks for proving my point!
I was just poking a little fun, the post before mine said that the thread was dead.
Please don't take offense wasn't meant to be harmful .

Please or Register to post comments.

Industry Newsletters
Investment Category Sponsor Links

 

Careers Category Sponsor Links

Sponsored Introduction Continue on to (or wait seconds) ×