Cold Calling Friday Nights

9 replies [Last post]
Squash1's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-11-19

Anyone doing this(or have done this in the past)?

C_FA's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-12-07

I tried for a little while, but, for first calls, I found that a lot of business owners blew out of the office pretty early on Fridays.  This was when I was at SB.  After a few times of a hundred or so calls and no answers or 'not in', I switched it up a little bit; I would call prospects in office, sometimes just to leave a message if that was what I wanted to accomplish (read, money was coming due in a period of time, so I was dripping by phone).  It was also a good time to go over calling sheets, make sure nobody slipped through the cracks. 

Squash1's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-11-19

How about residential?

Takingnames's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-11-09

S-
I PM'd you too.
 
Cold calling is best done when you make the calls. It doesn't matter what night....what day, what script, what pitch, what product or what list, what mood you are in or what color socks you are wearing.
 
What matters is that you pick up the phone and dial.
 
Any day you are dialing is a good day to cold call. Any time you are cold calling is a good time to be cold calling. You never know what you will hit. To misquote an influential man in my life, Mr. Gump..."cold calling is like a box of chocolates"

jackofalltrades's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-05-20

Takingnames wrote:S-
I PM'd you too.
 
Cold calling is best done when you make the calls. It doesn't matter what night....what day, what script, what pitch, what product or what list, what mood you are in or what color socks you are wearing.
 
What matters is that you pick up the phone and dial.
 
Any day you are dialing is a good day to cold call. Any time you are cold calling is a good time to be cold calling. You never know what you will hit. To misquote an influential man in my life, Mr. Gump..."cold calling is like a box of chocolates"well put, sometimes we spend more time planning the call, than making it... guilty as charged.

BondGuy's picture
Offline
Joined: 2006-09-21

+1 on takingnames post

a2rep's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-04-07

Never had too much luck on Friday nights, but Sat. mornings were pretty good. Must admit though it has been a long time!

ChrisVarick's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-09-04

Yes, I cold call new business owners that usually have their cell phones linked to their business line. Residentials have been a very bad ratio...maybe 1 contacts out of 15 dials. However I do use my company line so a lot of households see my firm's name pop up on caller ID.
 
I use salesgenie, which services have you guys been using?

troll's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-29

ChrisVarick wrote:Yes, I cold call new business owners that usually have their cell phones linked to their business line. Residentials have been a very bad ratio...maybe 1 contacts out of 15 dials. However I do use my company line so a lot of households see my firm's name pop up on caller ID.
 
I use salesgenie, which services have you guys been using?I use a service called "People that I know."

BerkshireBull's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-06-10

DHK wrote:
ChrisVarick wrote:Yes, I cold call new business owners that usually have their cell phones linked to their business line. Residentials have been a very bad ratio...maybe 1 contacts out of 15 dials. However I do use my company line so a lot of households see my firm's name pop up on caller ID.
 
I use salesgenie, which services have you guys been using?I use a service called "People that I know." How much does a subscription run?

Please or Register to post comments.

Industry Newsletters
Careers Category Sponsor Links

Sponsored Introduction Continue on to (or wait seconds) ×