class action suits for stocks

18 replies [Last post]
aldo63's picture
Offline
Joined: 2006-09-11

i just got a settlement from northwestern utility for 1510 dollars. i lost about 6k on the stock 7 years ago. this is by far the biggest settlement check i ever received. in the past i got these:
worldcom 75 dollars
homestore.com 78 dollars(three separate checks to equal 78 dollars( i lost about 15k on that one). 
unicapital 121.
i did not know you could get money from bankrupt companies. next time someone ask about a securites litgation, have then mail it back.
i used the money to pay for my new mccartney hoffner bass

skeedaddy2's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-09-14

I guess one could conclude that you have a nack for picking lousy stocks?

troll's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-29

aldo63 wrote:
i just got a settlement from northwestern utility for 1510 dollars. i lost about 6k on the stock 7 years ago. this is by far the biggest settlement check i ever received. in the past i got these:
worldcom 75 dollars
homestore.com 78 dollars(three separate checks to equal 78 dollars( i lost about 15k on that one). 
unicapital 121.
i did not know you could get money from bankrupt companies. next time someone ask about a securites litgation, have then mail it back.
i used the money to pay for my new mccartney hoffner bass

Nice job on the Beatle Bass.

AllREIT's picture
Offline
Joined: 2006-12-16

aldo63 wrote:I did not know you could get money from bankrupt
companies. next time someone ask about a securites litgation, have then
mail it back.

Securities litigation is a complete waste of time, that harms the
ongoing shareholders for the benefit of ex-shareholders. If you bought
stock, you knew it was risky and without an any garantee's.

Yet another reason not to vote for John Edwards.

aldo63's picture
Offline
Joined: 2006-09-11

dear skeedaddy
 
if you never lost on a stock investment, you must not have money to invest.
bobby, here is the bass

Mike Damone's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-12-01

Nobody probably gives a damn, but I have a black gibson les paul with chrome hardware. 

Starka's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-30

Mike Damone wrote:Nobody probably gives a damn, but I have a black gibson les paul with chrome hardware. 
Cool box, Mike!
I'vve got an old Stratocaster and a Californian.

troll's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-29

Starka wrote:Mike Damone wrote:Nobody probably gives a damn, but I have a black gibson les paul with chrome hardware. 
Cool box, Mike!
I'vve got an old Stratocaster and a Californian.My son has a cute little toy ukele!

skeedaddy2's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-09-14

aldo63 wrote: dear skeedaddy
 
if you never lost on a stock investment, you must not have money to
invest.
bobby, here is the bass

cpd=0OEY&doc_id=99371&g=bass&base_pid=511772&index=2">[IMG">
height=213 alt="Sunburst, Left-facing" src="http://
img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/9/7/8/434978.jp g"
width=700>

That's definately a handsome instrument, congrats. I like it even more
than Sting's Precision Bass ( I have tickets for the July 10th Police concert
in Miami.)

Of course I lost money, even my own, in stocks, but the closest I came to
your experience was getting stopped out of Enron when it broke $50.
Other than that, I don't have much experience in bankrupted or class
action settlements.

Your post surprised me because you named several of these stocks. I
have always prefered high volume stocks. Its tougher to loose a client
when you're wrong about Intel or Starbucks.

Tell us what you're long....so we can start shorting.

ymh_ymh_ymh's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-09-05

Al Parish "might" have an original Hendrix:
http://www.charleston.net 
And the beat goes on....

troll's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-29

skeedaddy2 wrote:I guess one could conclude that you have a nack for picking lousy stocks?no...he has a knack for not recognizing when he should sell them!!!

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous

Aldo/Stark:
Now here's a thread I actually like!  I wonder how many folks know that the photo of the bass is the model used by Paul McCartney, who was actually a damn good bass player.  For my money, there's no modern rock worth a damn without a great bass player.  Some exceptions to the rule. Take Redding out of early Hendrix, take Bruce out of Cream, take Wyman out of the early Stones and you have next to jack.
On the other hand, I am a guitarist and those damn drummers and bass players used to drive me nuts during band practice.  Drummer wouldn't stop banging and the bass player was always out of tune or stoned. 
I started out around 1964 and my first quality guitar was a Country Gentleman, which I foolish sold for about $100 in 1971 or so to buy an Ovation.  You can read a bit about that stupidity at my record label's bio on me (which my partner wrote): http://infidelrecords.com/about/bios/singer.shtml .  If you read about one of my partners, Bob Hinkle at http://infidelrecords.com/about/bios/hinkle.shtml you can read about  the famous guitarist who borrowed his guitar.
In any event, I now own a black G&L Legacy HB (what I consider to be the only real Fender still made in the US -- the "L" in G&L is Leo Fender)-- think of Clapton's Blackie and you come as close as possible.  I also own a Lew Paul 2004 Standard Limited with a 50s neck and a transparent amber finish.
If any of you guys know of any bands or singers, send them my way and, who knows--maybe INFIDEL will sign them. 
Rock On!

troll's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-29

rrbdlawyer wrote:Aldo/Stark:
Now here's a thread I actually like!  I wonder how many folks know that the photo of the bass is the model used by Paul McCartney, who was actually a damn good bass player.  For my money, there's no modern rock worth a damn without a great bass player.  Some exceptions to the rule. Take Redding out of early Hendrix, take Bruce out of Cream, take Wyman out of the early Stones and you have next to jack.You forgot John Entwistle.  "Eminence Front" has one of the best bass riffs in all of rock and roll.  It becomes more intricate every time I listen to it.

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous

Who???? (that's a joke).
And how the hell did I overlook these two other bass giants: John Paul Jones (he and Jimmy Page soared together) and Sting (maybe one of the finest bass players ever).
And before y'all get on my case--It should have been a Les not a Lew Paul.  And don't even ask -- of course it's a Gretsch.  Who the hell would stoop to buy an Epiphone?

troll's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-29

I get to say my favorite thing here now. Keith Moon INVENTED Rock and Roll.
It was Keith Moon's style that allowed John Entwistle to break out of the "rhythm section" mold. Keith didn't know that he wasn't supposed to play lead on the drums (he really had no idea how to play drums).
When Who's management got a hold of Jimi Hendrix, they replicated the Who formula. Noel Redding was a guitar player, they asked him if he knew how to play bass, and he said "I'm a guitar player!" Good! said them. Then they matched him with Mitch Mitchel and threw them along side of Jimi!
For ME, Mitch Mitchel MADE that Are You Experienced? album. There is absolutely no doubt that he was put there because he was Keith Moon with skillz (in fact, he sat in for the Who sometimes and as a result Keith Moon always disliked Mitch.)
The power trio grew from there. The Super Groups had to have a drummer who played lead, Ginger Baker as an example.
Even at his most mostest, can you imagine Ringo Starr or Charlie Watts playing behind Jimi? Jimi would have been a nobody, and there would have been bits of Ringo "scattered on the trees and in the hedges!"
I was listening to some Jeffery Beckery (I call him that, I'm not sure why) on the way in, Shape Of Things from the Truth album (2b exact), I just love the way the trio breaks off into three different directions and then weave together like they've been playing together since kindergarten.
RIP Ox and Moonie (and the Who) inventors of hard rock! (and props to Townshend who had the sense to be a lead guitar player who recognized that he ought to play rhythm while his rhythm section took off heading for the Moon!) 

Mandoman's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-03-07

rrbdlawyer wrote:
And before y'all get on my case--It should have been a Les not a Lew Paul.  And don't even ask -- of course it's a Gretsch.  Who the hell would stoop to buy an Epiphone?

Les Paul, Gretch????  Don't you mean Gibson?
I agree on the Epiphone!

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous

No... the Country Gentleman was a Gretsch (either a '64 or '67...I forgot which).  Of course the Les Paul is a Gibson.  I still can't figure out what idiot thinks the Epiphones are worthy of that great name.

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous

Okay guys --- I'll actually start a guitar-lovers thread.  Let's end this here and go to the new thread.  I'll post it now.

Indyone's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-05-31

Hurry up, Bill...I want to post my nomination for best bassist of all time and tell you about my guitar...

Please or Register to post comments.

Industry Newsletters
Investment Category Sponsor Links

 

Sponsored Introduction Continue on to (or wait seconds) ×