Skip navigation

500 or bust?

or Register to post new content in the forum

3938 RepliesJump to last post

Comments

• Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Feb 19, 2009 1:16 am

[quote=BlackKnight]

I wish there was a security I could short which tracks the number of WFC Advisors. I guarantee if WFC offers some BS bogey package, MASS EXODUS occurs.[/quote]

There is. It is an ETF… symbol WTF!!!   

Feb 19, 2009 1:24 am

[quote=TXRep] [quote=BlackKnight]

I wish there was a security I could short which tracks the number of WFC Advisors. I guarantee if WFC offers some BS bogey package, MASS EXODUS occurs.[/quote]

There is. It is an ETF… symbol WTF!!!   [/quote]

Nice!!

Feb 19, 2009 1:27 am

so gauge, just to keep the rumors flying…are you agreeing w/ bazz that there is something to be announced Thursday or Friday and it involves “retention”, but nothing upfront???

Just want to get everyone "on the record" Thanks
Feb 19, 2009 1:32 am

I have been told that a conf. call is tomorrow and zero retention upfront.  Not sure if the call is for BM only or not.  It doesnt make any difference to me because I will be in on either.

Feb 19, 2009 1:36 am

just wanted to move us to page 300.

Remember retention = WFC hat and spongy stagecoach.
Feb 19, 2009 1:44 am

Page 300.  And it will be page 1000 before the 1st million dollar broker hits his bogey to get $1.00.

Feb 19, 2009 1:50 am

What are the odds of a JV announced Friday?

Also, no one has a clue on the news - I doubt that anyone but DL or JH actually know what the facts are.  That's why I suspect some type of JV because of this insane delay, ever changing story, and lockdown on any real information. 
A JV would make sense -- split the brokerage off from the bank - that would get those messy TARP and bonus issues out, allow them to recruit, pay for performance, and have the freedom they need to compete in this market.    Just a hunch - and did here we are at page 300 with no more real information than we had at page 1.
Feb 19, 2009 1:51 am

Feb 19, 2009 1:52 am

oops 300

One piece of info that I think we all know and understand now as apposed to post one is that Wells Fargo doesnt give a flying fu@k about the brokerage unit.

Sam Houston:

oops 300

Lucky number?????
Feb 19, 2009 1:54 am

Meet the Spartans!!!

Feb 19, 2009 1:57 am

[quote=Ferris Bueller]WE ARE SPARTA[/quote]
 Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

Happy 300!

Feb 19, 2009 1:57 am

the ubs settlement is significant. pure speculation, but the silence may have been warranted as jv could be announced…shortly

again speculation, but it almost justifies the lack of communication.
Feb 19, 2009 1:58 am

ferris is one funny f*ck!

Feb 19, 2009 2:04 am
go_huskies:

ferris is one funny f*ck!

Yes, that is the best one yet!!!    
Feb 19, 2009 2:12 am

[quote=Sell High]

What are the odds of a JV announced Friday?

Also, no one has a clue on the news - I doubt that anyone but DL or JH actually know what the facts are.  That's why I suspect some type of JV because of this insane delay, ever changing story, and lockdown on any real information. 
A JV would make sense -- split the brokerage off from the bank - that would get those messy TARP and bonus issues out, allow them to recruit, pay for performance, and have the freedom they need to compete in this market.    Just a hunch - and did here we are at page 300 with no more real information than we had at page 1.[/quote] Exactly, either Friday or Monday...or never.  WFC doesn't want us. DL /JH don't know how to break the news or are just cuddling together in a corner somewhere.  Tired of listening to the idea that one of the 500 conf. calls/day that this co. does is going to relate in some sort of news.  Bottom line: We have been lied to since day 1.  "Mongo only pawn in game of life." Go from there....
Feb 19, 2009 2:21 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgrsNBu51nU

The god kings messanger is Wells Fargo....wanting us to submit.  Will we react in the same?
Feb 19, 2009 2:25 am

Come to MS everyone. I can tell you what your retention would be tonight. Instead of waiting for your retention you could be shopping for a 911 by weeks end

Feb 19, 2009 2:26 am

585t12…what would it be