Skip navigation

500 or bust?

or Register to post new content in the forum

3938 RepliesJump to last post

Comments

• Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Feb 18, 2009 11:42 pm

WOW! It is true, 296 pages of #^%&$^%#&! No legitimate news? WEAK! I thought that you are all DL & JH clients? If you treated your clients like this (no communication) they would leave. It confirms my decision to leave! Good Luck!!!!<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Feb 18, 2009 11:43 pm

A little off topic here, but I am soooo glad that I did not get retention from the AGE deal. I am sure a huge chunk of it would have been lost in the market, and despite many brokers best intentions to keep a lot of that powder dry, how could you not dollar cost average all the way down??? Anyways, my point is that if you include previous retention money that would need to be paid back, in addition to the large book of business that has disappeared, how can you go anywhere but another wire where the transition package is over 100% upfront. I completely understand why you would simply stay put and ride things out. Not trying to ignite a war here, just sympathizing a little bit.

Feb 18, 2009 11:43 pm

I find it very interesting that people believe that after spending 5 nearly 5 months working on a ‘retention package’ then scrap it over a weekend and come up with another one within a week. Sorry…doesn’t add up. Whatever they present is what it’s been all along!

Feb 19, 2009 12:00 am

Yes, there will be a incentive based “retention” imparted tomorrow and probably deciminated to the foot soldiers on friday. I should find out most details this evening. It should enable a diligent, asset growing producer to pad his income by as much as 50% if he hits every bogey. Regional and Complex managers are trying to figure how to dress the news up. That’s all we got, boys. But I am very sure of it.

Feb 19, 2009 12:06 am

Off the subject for just one moment…Did you know that there are two hidden tabs on fartstation?

1.   sends clients money to offshore accounts ( See UBS)

2.   outlines retention package (See Be Patient)

I LOVE this new system!!!

Feb 19, 2009 12:22 am
bazbuzz:

Yes, there will be a incentive based “retention” imparted tomorrow and probably deciminated to the foot soldiers on friday. I should find out most details this evening. It should enable a diligent, asset growing producer to pad his income by as much as 50% if he hits every bogey. Regional and Complex managers are trying to figure how to dress the news up. That’s all we got, boys. But I am very sure of it.

Well "dressing up" is another word for deceit and they are very good at it!   And Contact Management still is worthless even after I know how to use it, regardless how much "dressing up" they do with conference calls and people there to "help" us...      
Feb 19, 2009 12:27 am

So, soliciting opinion…is this gonna be better than being "given x pct on your trailing twelve? A year from now, IF this deal is as  I have described, you should be wealthier with a bigger book and fewer handcuffs. OMG! Am I the one trying to put lipstick on this pig?

Feb 19, 2009 12:31 am

baz…explain how a 1mm producer would make out

Feb 19, 2009 12:35 am

Is this a one year thing or a couple…and is it asset driven?? revenue driven?? managed money driven??  any additional info would be helpful.

Thanks Baz
Feb 19, 2009 12:38 am

Wish–Wish I cud. Best I can say is that my bet is that if he does his typical job directed towards growing his business he will probably earn this disjointed mfer of a bonus. I hope to know more later tonite.

Feb 19, 2009 12:39 am

gauge, what happened to your info??  are you still “sure” we are getting nothing or did you mean nothing upfront???

Just trying to decipher some of this "info" Thanks
Feb 19, 2009 12:45 am

he doesnt know shit like everyone on this board.    

Feb 19, 2009 12:47 am

Nothing upfront. 

Feb 19, 2009 12:50 am

Who in their right mind believes any of these bs posts? I will get you the details later tonight? Good luck with that. I know WFC’s silence has caused desperation out there. Noone in their right mind would believe anyone in the know would be on this ridicolous board. I guess some peope still believe in the tooth fairy and leave milk and cookies for Santa by the chimney.

Feb 19, 2009 12:54 am

What? what are you trying to say about Santa ???

Feb 19, 2009 1:00 am

300 pages tonight? Seems like just yesterday I was watching this thread approach 100…

Feb 19, 2009 1:04 am

[quote=bazbuzz]Wish–Wish I cud. Best I can say is that my bet is that if he does his typical job directed towards growing his business he will probably earn this disjointed mfer of a bonus. I hope to know more later tonite. 

[/quote]   I'm only 8 yrs in and only doing mid #'s, so I wouldn't mind golden handcuffs like the ones you describe as long as they make some changs to dumbvision too!
Feb 19, 2009 1:04 am
Gordon Gekko:

300 pages tonight? Seems like just yesterday I was watching this thread approach 100…

HE LIVES!!!!!!!
Feb 19, 2009 1:05 am
mikehunt:

Who in their right mind believes any of these bs posts? I will get you the details later tonight? Good luck with that. I know WFC’s silence has caused desperation out there. Noone in their right mind would believe anyone in the know would be on this ridicolous board. I guess some peope still believe in the tooth fairy and leave milk and cookies for Santa by the chimney.

My manager is hearing nothing and he/she is very good friends with the notch below DL...Just saying...
Feb 19, 2009 1:08 am

If WFC doesn’t offer at least a “semi-traditional” retention package (read: something upfront), not only will they lose half their brokerage force, what broker would leave their seat at another firm to move to a second rate organization?

I wish there was a security I could short which tracks the number of WFC Advisors. I guarantee if WFC offers some BS bogey package, MASS EXODUS occurs.