What’s a safe withdrawal rate in retirement? For years, the rule-of-thumb answer has been 4 percent, adjusted annually for inflation. But a growing number of financial planning experts are re-thinking that number. “Advisors are getting the question a lot these days from clients,” says Maria Bruno, a senior investment analyst in Vanguard’s Investment Counseling and Research group. “Until a decade ago, a balanced portfolio could provide four percent purely from ...
WealthManagement.com Freemium Content
"Whatâ€™s a Safe Withdrawal Rate in Retirement?" is FREE to access as a registered user on WealthManagement.com.
Why Register for WealthManagement.com? It's simple and free, and here is what you get:
- Reuters' dedicated Wealth Management news coverage, every single day.
- Interactive rankings of brokers and independent advisors.
- Access to our lively users’ forums to get inside info from fellow advisors.
- Insights from our proprietary research on topics like social media and practice management.
- Unlimited access to the Value My Practice profile tool.