Office real estate investment trusts (REITs), the investment vehicle often used to access this type of commercial real estate, were on a nice run in the spring, but since then, they’ve suffered a bit of a hit. For the first half of 2013, the SNL Office REIT Index posted a total return of 6.59 percent. Although it typically lags the SNL Equity REIT index, it was in line with it during this period, and it underperformed the S&P for the same period by more than 7 percent. But ...
WealthManagement.com Freemium Content
"Dirty Work?" is FREE to access as a registered user on WealthManagement.com.
Why Register for WealthManagement.com? It's simple and free, and here is what you get:
- Reuters' dedicated Wealth Management news coverage, every single day.
- Interactive rankings of brokers and independent advisors.
- Access to our lively users’ forums to get inside info from fellow advisors.
- Insights from our proprietary research on topics like social media and practice management.
- Unlimited access to the Value My Practice profile tool.