Last March, Tyler Montell joined his father’s advisory practice. He quickly learned the ropes, but brought another agenda along with him: He wanted to help his father change the compensation model to a fee-based business. The firm, William Montell Financial Services, in Shelbyville, Ky., was almost entirely transaction-based, a tack the elder Montell had taken since starting the business in 1989. But the younger Montell, a lawyer by training, was used to charging a fee, and figured it ...
WealthManagement.com Freemium Content
"Moving Toward Fees" is FREE to access as a registered user on WealthManagement.com.
Why Register for WealthManagement.com? It's simple and free, and here is what you get:
- Reuters' dedicated Wealth Management news coverage, every single day.
- Interactive rankings of brokers and independent advisors.
- Access to our lively users’ forums to get inside info from fellow advisors.
- Insights from our proprietary research on topics like social media and practice management.
- Unlimited access to the Value My Practice profile tool.