Gone are the days of a 5 percent guarantee on assets held in a variable annuity, and advisors have taken notice. Variable annuity sales were $38.2 billion in the second quarter of 2013, down 1 percent from the second quarter of 2012, according to LIMRA, Windsor, Conn. Broker-sold variable annuities are being eaten alive by indexed annuities, immediate annuities, deferred annuities, fee-only annuities with low cost living benefits, and low-cost stripped-down annuities, says Rick Carey, ...
WealthManagement.com Freemium Content
"The Old-Fashioned Variable Annuity, Staring Into Retirement " is FREE to access as a registered user on WealthManagement.com.
Why Register for WealthManagement.com? It's simple and free, and here is what you get:
- Reuters' dedicated Wealth Management news coverage, every single day.
- Interactive rankings of brokers and independent advisors.
- Access to our lively users’ forums to get inside info from fellow advisors.
- Insights from our proprietary research on topics like social media and practice management.
- Unlimited access to the Value My Practice profile tool.