Skip navigation

500 or bust?

or Register to post new content in the forum

3938 RepliesJump to last post

Comments

• Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Feb 6, 2009 4:41 am
tdude:

scot…ubs hasnt the capital…will be one of two…either wells/ws/age (supposedly now to be Wels Fargo Advisors. will by ubs or they do a jt venture ala ms/sb.
as to the name…who knows.all i ask is get WS off MY OFFICE DOOR YESTERDAY!!

The key was a question on the call last night…to Hays why hasnt stumph expressed an interest in the brkrdealer…nothing in annual report…no conference call…Hays response was woeful…Stumph has been too busy or something…wat a joke…really dont think wfc wants the b/d…may have all these answers by this time next week.

I was hoping Ubs would take 51% of the joint venture.  Want to get away from a BANK that does not care about our business.
Feb 6, 2009 4:42 am

being prudent…in my case …1st retention with age…i pd off my house with half and put rest in the market…my house declined 25% in value and my market acct declined 30%…clearly the house was the better deal…if i had only bot a new car off the lot instead…they tell me new cars decline only 20% when you pick them off the lot…clearly it would have been far better for me to by a bunch a brand new cars…I obviously screwed up…no telling how badly I can botch the 2nd retention.

Feb 6, 2009 4:46 am

scots…i hear ubs is a unmitigated disaster…i dont like banks and miss age terribly but i think ws is heads above ubs

Feb 6, 2009 4:52 am
scotsman:

[quote=tdude]scot…ubs hasnt the capital…will be one of two…either wells/ws/age (supposedly now to be Wels Fargo Advisors. will by ubs or they do a jt venture ala ms/sb.

The key was a question on the call last night…to Hays why hasnt stumph expressed an interest in the brkrdealer…nothing in annual report…no conference call…Hays response was woeful…Stumph has been too busy or something…wat a joke…really dont think wfc wants the b/d…may have all these answers by this time next week.

I was hoping Ubs would take 51% of the joint venture.  Want to get away from a BANK that does not care about our business.[/quote]   Are you not aware that UBS is a bank, or what?  
Feb 6, 2009 4:53 am
QB:

[quote=scotsman][quote=tdude]scot…ubs hasnt the capital…will be one of two…either wells/ws/age (supposedly now to be Wels Fargo Advisors. will by ubs or they do a jt venture ala ms/sb.

I was hoping Ubs would take 51% of the joint venture.  Want to get away from a BANK that does not care about our business.[/quote]     Are you not aware that UBS is a bank, or what?  [/quote]   laughing
Feb 6, 2009 4:57 am

[quote=Baller]Hey Dude - I’m wondering why in the world you care so much about Wachovia retention. It’s a FACT that you don’t work there. It’s also a FACT that you hoping that there won’t be retention for a company you do not work for. It’s also a FACT that you are here to piss on people. It’s also a FACT that you are in no less than 4 arguments with others in this thread.   Go kill yourself and make the world a better place.[/quote]
Dude Yourself,

Obviously you are under the mistaken notion that a fact is simply something you want to be true.  For example, when I say it is a fact that as of tonight there has been no retention announced, that is easily backed up with objective evidence.  If it’s not a fact, feel free to correct me by providing a link to the announcement.

OTOH, your supposed “facts” - beyond the obvious fact that I no longer work at Wachovia - are nothing but inane jabberings.  But I understand why you do that - jabbering is so much easier than taking the time and effort to actually address the issues.  Better to leave the heavy lifting to others.  Stick with just calling names and making up imaginary “facts” - that’s obviously more your speed.

Feb 6, 2009 5:09 am

at this rate we’ll be at 200 pages by Sunday.

Feb 6, 2009 5:12 am

200 by 8pm Friday…

Feb 6, 2009 5:13 am

if they announce something for certain…

Feb 6, 2009 5:15 am

They will by next Friday…most I think will be happy

Feb 6, 2009 5:15 am
gauge26:

They will by next Friday…most I think will be happy

I hope you're right!
Feb 6, 2009 5:24 am

If I am not I know one guy that is going to get his ass kicked

Feb 6, 2009 5:33 am

170867 views rather amazing.

Feb 6, 2009 5:42 am
gauge26:

It will happen and I know what I will get and if you tell me your T12 I will tell you what you will get.  I know what I know.

G26: Finet office with 1.5 million in 2008 T12?
Feb 6, 2009 6:03 am

Oh…I dont know about Finet…I was told that you will get something just no details

Feb 6, 2009 6:16 am
gauge26:

Oh…I dont know about Finet…I was told that you will get something just no details

Its cool. We have heard ZERO from Finet CEO in months. All we have heard from is DL. We are really feeling like step children.   Good call on paying of the house. I hope I have the discipline to do something smart with whatever it is. Thanks for your posts.
Feb 6, 2009 6:26 am

Where the f_ck is it? (retention)  Where is Danny? Where is Jimmy? Where is is the $ for me bringing my clients and their assets to WFC from WS? Leadership is chicken sh_t and gutless.  Where are they hiding? “Come out, come out wherever you are!”

Feb 6, 2009 6:27 am

Wow, 93 posts since I last checked in. Went to see Grand Torino (Clint Eastwood) - great movie, highly recommend it. As for retention, gauge is 100% correct. Retention Friday the 13th, I have already given numbers, any naysayers left are just those that want to get a reaction out of those expecting it.

Feb 6, 2009 7:02 am
frickster:

[quote=HymanRoth] [quote=CDO Squared][quote=frickster]Paying off the mortgage makes way too much sense…its just not in our DNA

man, aint that the MF trurth[/quote]

Do tell...why does it make so much sense?
    WELL HYMAN - Let's say you own a house free and clear, would you borrow $200K against it to go and invest that money in the market? Or put it into a CD? NO!   So, let's look at it in reverse, if you have a mortgage of $200K and you get a retention check of say $200K and decide to put your new $$$ into the market instead of paying it down to zero, isn't it the same as borrowing $200K against your house to invest?   Makes sense to pay the thing off, problem is, we are not wired to think this way and most of us will blow retention, AGAIN! F___ I forgot about the tax deduction on mortgage interest...Maybe we should keep that mortgage after all [/quote]

Nope...now that the market is 40% lower and tax free bonds are yielding more than treasuries, I think you have the right idea...pay your mortgage off.
Feb 6, 2009 12:13 pm

Digest this…for the AGE reps…

So, yesterday our March advisory fees were accelerated so that our last bonus includes the full 12 month.  That is great - just not the way I thought they would do it.    Here is the rub...(and correct me please if I am wrong) - In March we go on the new payout grid with the over/under percentages - But our March advisory has been lifted out.     I guess there is a cost to everything.