Doorknocking Advice

64 replies [Last post]
SometimesNowhere's picture
Joined: 2008-12-22

utcheachea wrote:SometimesNowhere wrote: RealWorld wrote:Sometimes nowhere if you thought you won some sort of debate you are missing the point.
So lets end our conversation right here. But in future talks I would prefer if you would talk about the matter at hand. I literally found your postings immature and defensive. It actually surprised me that you were so angry to be asked if you took over assets. In the end I was right about that. It is unfortunate people who took over large assets will frankly never understand what I am talking about.
 
For everyone else on the board, is it really that rampant in every region? Train, I laughed forever about your 1-6 but do other regions see this sort of thing on a regular basis.No, I think I talked about the issue, and you are busy trying to dismiss my credibility. I could lie about my numbers or my performance, but I prefer to be honest. If you remember, my first post was related to the actual subject (which consequently was "Doorknocking advice", not "SometimeNowhere's Assets"), whereas just about every post by you has been questioning my business. So, for our future talks, I would prefer that you talk about what the actual subject of the thread is. The fact is, as I have stated several times, that the amount of assets that I received was inconsequential in relation to what I need to pay my bills. I continue to bring in plenty of new money a month through the means I mentioned previously. I believes that qualifies me to talk on the subject. I don't talk numbers because I think it is tacky (see the numerous complaints about Wind/Ronnie Dobbs posts).The problem with pikers like you is you look at a successful person and find a reason to begrudge them for it just so you can have a reason to bitch to your piker buddy at a new FA meeting about why someone else gets breaks that you don't get. The fact is I was honest with you about my business so far as it was relevant, and I continue to produce. If it weren't the assets you complained about, it would be that I got lucky prospecting some day, or the fact that all my business comes from referrals from a couple attorneys, or there aren't a lot of brokerage firms in my area, or I have wealthy relatives, etc, etc, etc.Here is my advice to you. Stop looking at your performance summary and assuming that just because 70% is still technically "meeting expectations" that you are still doing a good job. Find repeatable ways to generate business, and focus on that, not trying to be a martyr for all the new guys that didn't get some break that someone else did. If you want to say something meaningful, post your own numbers and say something enlightening or contribute to the ongoing sarcastic bend of the forum. Otherwise shut your piker mouth and quit embarrassing us.
 
You never said what percentage of your book was inherited.  Youre dancing around his point.
 
Nope, not dancing. Refusing to answer, because:
 
A) It is irrelevant - This thread is not about my assets, it's about doorknocking. For the now fourth time, I still have to do a large amount of prospecting to continue to meet my personal production goals.
B) None of your business - Specific numbers about my production are not something I am willing to share on a public message board.
 

The Duke's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-01-30

Utcheachea and RealW,
How are you still missing the point?  This is a public forum.  Are you really that shocked if he won't post his numbers/AUM?  I don't blame him, I wouldn't.  The thread was about "Doorknocking Advice".  He just figured he would share what has worked for him so the rest of the doorknockers can improve their business.  Don't Hijack the threads.  You're wasting our time because we've gotta sift through your boring and confrontational posts, to find the good informative ones.
One of the biggest reasons we use this forum is to give/take advice to improve our business.  SometimesNowhere was given a book of business, but apparently it wasn't enough to cover his monthly expenses, so he had to build his book by doorknocking so he can feed his family.  How did he do that? Thats what he wants to share.  If you're going to dilute the threads on this forum, we don't want you here.   Ship it.......Pikers.

utcheachea's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-08-13

The Duke wrote:
Utcheachea and RealW,
How are you still missing the point?  This is a public forum.  Are you really that shocked if he won't post his numbers/AUM?  I don't blame him, I wouldn't.  The thread was about "Doorknocking Advice".  He just figured he would share what has worked for him so the rest of the doorknockers can improve their business.  Don't Hijack the threads.  You're wasting our time because we've gotta sift through your boring and confrontational posts, to find the good informative ones.
One of the biggest reasons we use this forum is to give/take advice to improve our business.  SometimesNowhere was given a book of business, but apparently it wasn't enough to cover his monthly expenses, so he had to build his book by doorknocking so he can feed his family.  How did he do that? Thats what he wants to share.  If you're going to dilute the threads on this forum, we don't want you here.   Ship it.......Pikers.
 
shutup
 
he can give a range of what he inherited.  nobody is gonna be able to track him down if he says "i took over between 25-35 mil in assets". 

RealWorld's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-07-13

He is missing the point b/c I called him out for acting as if building your business via dooknocking was easy.
I said he must have taken over assets, then things got personal.
 
Sometimesnowhere - I don't care what you have taken over. But you are really an idiot not worthy of managing money if you think that the amount of assets you took over DO NOT MATTER TO WHAT YOU TAKE HOME EVERY MONTH.
 
"The fact is, as I have stated several times, that the amount of assets that I received was inconsequential in relation to what I need to pay my bills."
 
"You can ask how I started in the business all you want. It is none of your business and irrelevant."
 
That is what you said. Not me. So I have decided to consistently throw you under the bus. I am not a new broker and I am not 70% of standard. I know am I doing a good job. I understand based upon our conversations that I have been with Ejones longer than you.
Bottom line for me is the # 1 thing I hate about Ejones is people like you.
 
Anyone.... anywhere ... anytime ... Who says it does not matter how much money you take over is wrong and purely defending something that is ignorant.
 
Here is what you should say.
 
"Thanks RealWorld for leading me to an understanding that I should be very happy with the gift that I was GIVEN. I now know that I should act humble about what I was GIVEN and work to build my book from there. Lastly RealWorld, I now understand that I know NOTHING about building a business from the ground up and I will forever stop acting like I do wether that be on this message board or when I try to speak about it to newbies at regional meetings."
 
Can we meet at that understanding or should I continue to not read your responses after the word Piker. I am from the midwest an I don't even know what that means.

SometimesNowhere's picture
Joined: 2008-12-22

RealWorld wrote:He is missing the point b/c I called him out for acting as if building your business via dooknocking was easy.
I said he must have taken over assets, then things got personal.
 
Sometimesnowhere - I don't care what you have taken over. But you are really an idiot not worthy of managing money if you think that the amount of assets you took over DO NOT MATTER TO WHAT YOU TAKE HOME EVERY MONTH.
 
"The fact is, as I have stated several times, that the amount of assets that I received was inconsequential in relation to what I need to pay my bills."
 
"You can ask how I started in the business all you want. It is none of your business and irrelevant."
 
That is what you said. Not me. So I have decided to consistently throw you under the bus. I am not a new broker and I am not 70% of standard. I know am I doing a good job. I understand based upon our conversations that I have been with Ejones longer than you.
Bottom line for me is the # 1 thing I hate about Ejones is people like you.
 
Anyone.... anywhere ... anytime ... Who says it does not matter how much money you take over is wrong and purely defending something that is ignorant.
 
Here is what you should say.
 
"Thanks RealWorld for leading me to an understanding that I should be very happy with the gift that I was GIVEN. I now know that I should act humble about what I was GIVEN and work to build my book from there. Lastly RealWorld, I now understand that I know NOTHING about building a business from the ground up and I will forever stop acting like I do wether that be on this message board or when I try to speak about it to newbies at regional meetings."
 
Can we meet at that understanding or should I continue to not read your responses after the word Piker. I am from the midwest an I don't even know what that means.
 
I don't care when you stop reading my posts, piker. I'm sure you know how to Google the word, you figure it out.
 
I will make this simple. You are a moron, and while I could go all day pointing out why you are a moron (lack of reading comprehension, the inability to make a coherent counterpoint to an argument, etc.), I am sure people are tired of this thread being carried on and on because you don't get it.
 
I will post this for the now fifth time: I still have to prospect. I never said that the amount of assets that I took over does not affect what I bring home a month. I said that I still have to build my business to feed my family. The two quotes that you highlighted say virtually exactly that. The fact that you can't get it through your hick head that one can inherit assets AND prospect is incredible.
 
You can continue to "throw me under the bus", but you are embarrassing yourself. I have made distinct and specific comments to support my original post, which was posted in an attempt to help a person asking for advice, and you continue to argue a point I am not making.
 
So, in an effort to make this thread relevant again, how about you either:
 
1) Post something helpful, not confrontational and irrelevant
2) Shut your piker mouth
 
You can begin by posting your apology, piker.

RealWorld's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-07-13

Loser

SometimesNowhere's picture
Joined: 2008-12-22

RealWorld wrote:
Loser
 
The piker has had enough of me handing him his @$$:
 
-----------------------------------------------------
Subject: Enough Sent: Today at 9:55am
Sent by: RealWorld
Group: Newbie
 
Enough
 
I have had it with your mouth. You will never get it. You will never have the respect of people in your region like me. I think that our debate has gone on long enough.
----------------------------------------------------
 
Oh golly, what will I do without the respect of some career Segment 2 broker?
You want to end the debate, start with your apology.

Moraen's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-01-22

RealWorld - no one gives a fcuk what you think.

Sometimes at least contributes (more than I do). There are asset inheritors and ASSET inheritors. The latter are the ones you speaking about.

Sometimes has made it clear that he cannot take care of his family without prospecting. You should be able to draw some level of conclusion from that about how much he inherited, which to me is squat.

Obviously he prospects. Obviously he knows what it's like to doorknock. Obviously he knows what he's talking about.

I could just as easily say that NO ONE at Edward Jones knows what it's like to build a business, because you aren't responsible for everything.

RealWorld's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-07-13

Wow - Sometimes people on forums really lose their minds as to what is kosher and what isn't.
Frankly this discussion was going nowhere but negative so I saw no point in debating the obvious.
 
Sometimes  nowhere - I sent you a private message which I didn't think was inappopriate. I found it odd that you would post my message to you. You must be a very young man.
 
Moraen - Thank you for your two cents.
 

SometimesNowhere's picture
Joined: 2008-12-22

RealWorld wrote:Wow - Sometimes people on forums really lose their minds as to what is kosher and what isn't.
Frankly this discussion was going nowhere but negative so I saw no point in debating the obvious.
 
Sometimes  nowhere - I sent you a private message which I didn't think was inappopriate. I found it odd that you would post my message to you. You must be a very young man.
 
Moraen - Thank you for your two cents.
 
Two more reasons you are a moron (well, three if you count the terrible spelling). 
 
Insisting that I am a very young man (a thinly veiled attempt at a maturity insult) and telling me that I will never have the respect of people like you (insinuating that low-lifes like me are not deserving of your respect) are things that I would find confrontational and "inappopriate".
 
If you want to "end the debate", I will restate my advice from my previous posts: shut your mouth or post something helpful.
 

Please or Register to post comments.

Industry Newsletters
Investment Category Sponsor Links

 

Careers Category Sponsor Links

Sponsored Introduction Continue on to (or wait seconds) ×