Berk's Board Awards

89 replies [Last post]
BerkshireBull's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-06-10

Longtime lurker (on and off for over a year probably), first time poster here, folks.  Rather than introduce myself (who wants to hear about me other than the tail I talk to at the clubs), I figured I'd present some awards to the regulars on this board.Drumroll..........................................................Most Active Poster:  Broker24Most Clever Poster:  HAAIC / HankBest Poster:  anonymousBest Female Poster:  babbling looneyMost Obnoxious Posters:  The Bank FA'sMost Helpful Poster:  snaggletoothMost Professional Poster:  BondGuyMost Owned Poster:  Ron14Lifetime Achievement Award:  IndyoneMost Arrogant Poster:  EZmoney Friendliest Poster:  SpacemanspiffMost Controversial Poster:  wind3547*This is just a starter list, feel free to addCongrats to everyone who made the list, to those of you who didn't make it, don't get discouraged, just try harder to make yourself stand out from the pack.  Leaving a memorable impression is one of the most important things you can do for yourself.

3rdyrp2's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-11-13

I love board award lists!  Although I strive to one day earn one of these bad boys, I will add one more.
Poster with Biggest Kool-Aid stain:  SpacemanSpiff
 
Congrats, you are the 1st ever 2 time award winner

Ron 14's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-07-10

I am glad HAAIC was able to benefit from his BS commentary aimed at me. Let me guess, Berk, you work at EJ....

Ron 14's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-07-10

Yep Berk works at EJ. It was apparent from his ball licking of Spiff and B24, his dislike of Bank FA's, and his friendly labeling of Wind, controversial ? Try idiotic.

BerkshireBull's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-06-10

Ron 14 wrote:I am glad HAAIC was able to benefit from his BS commentary aimed at me. Let me guess, Berk, you work at EJ....Nope, but I sure do love to stoke the fire!

BerkshireBull's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-06-10

Ron 14 wrote:I am glad HAAIC was able to benefit from his BS commentary aimed at me. Let me guess, Berk, you work at EJ....Ronald, It's not all about you no matter how much you'd like it to be.Don't worry though, I'm my own #1 fan tooThe only difference is I'm a fan of a winner...

voltmoie's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-11-05

I think Windy has found a new screen name.

3rdyrp2's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-11-13

voltmoie wrote:I think Windy has found a new screen name.
 
I thought so too til I saw him make a post on an Ameriprise thread.  The old Wind wouldn't have touched a thread that didn't have the EDJ Grade A seal of approval on it.

Spaceman Spiff's picture
Offline
Joined: 2006-08-08

3rdyrp2 wrote:
I love board award lists!  Although I strive to one day earn one of these bad boys, I will add one more.
Poster with Biggest Kool-Aid stain:  SpacemanSpiff
 
Congrats, you are the 1st ever 2 time award winner
 
I'm happy just to be nominated.

Borker Boy's picture
Offline
Joined: 2006-12-09

I think this may be Hank's alter ego -- the kinder, gentler one.
 
Berk's posts are far too well-written to have ever been born in Windy's feeble little brain.

bspears's picture
Offline
Joined: 2006-11-08

Hey jerk off, why am I not on your list, loser?  I'll have my agent on your ass real quick. 

jkl1v1n6's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-10-06

Seriously Berk, you really think we believe there is tail in the clubs in Wisconsin.  I'm going off your avatar for this information.  Maybe it really is Wind and that's his superhero symbol. 

SometimesNowhere's picture
Joined: 2008-12-22

BerkshireBull wrote:Longtime lurker (on and off for over a year probably), first time poster here, folks. 
 
Longtime lurker, first time poster = Alter ego of someone else on the board.
 
It's just like when you say "not to be a jerk, but...", or "I hate to be rude...". You know the next thing out of the persons mouth is going to be something you are going to want to punch them in the face for.

3rdyrp2's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-11-13

jkl1v1n6 wrote: Maybe it really is Wind and that's his superhero symbol. 
 
Lmao!

Ron 14's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-07-10

BerkshireBull wrote: Ron 14 wrote:I am glad HAAIC was able to benefit from his BS commentary aimed at me. Let me guess, Berk, you work at EJ....Nope, but I sure do love to stoke the fire!
 
You don't work for Jones ? Thats funny. In another post you commented, "Wouldn't we be able to find this on Joneslink."  Stroke.

BerkshireBull's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-06-10

SometimesNowhere wrote:BerkshireBull wrote:Longtime lurker (on and off for over a year probably), first time poster here, folks. 
 
Longtime lurker, first time poster = Alter ego of someone else on the board.
 
It's just like when you say "not to be a jerk, but...", or "I hate to be rude...". You know the next thing out of the persons mouth is going to be something you are going to want to punch them in the face for. So you're saying that I'm not protected at work if I preface my statements with "Not to be racist or derogatory, but..."

BerkshireBull's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-06-10

Ron 14 wrote:BerkshireBull wrote: Ron 14 wrote:I am glad HAAIC was able to benefit from his BS commentary aimed at me. Let me guess, Berk, you work at EJ....Nope, but I sure do love to stoke the fire!
 
You don't work for Jones ? Thats funny. In another post you commented, "Wouldn't we be able to find this on Joneslink."  Stroke. I was told you could find almost anything on Jonesnet, however you're a prime example that success isn't one of the things that can be found there.

Ron 14's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-07-10

Voltmoie wouldn't take me up on my offer even after I PM'd him every single month of my EJ commissions for the 26 months I was there so maybe you will. Do you want me to UPS my EJ awards to you ? I know you won't earn them because you are too busy babbling on this site.

BerkshireBull's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-06-10

Ron 14 wrote:Voltmoie wouldn't take me up on my offer even after I PM'd him every single month of my EJ commissions for the 26 months I was there so maybe you will. Do you want me to UPS my EJ awards to you ? I know you won't earn them because you are too busy babbling on this site. Ron, I don't work for Ed Jones, please stop suggesting I do.  I don't know why you doubt my story.  I have never questioned your story that you failed out of Jones and then went to a bank to sell annuities to people.

maddog's picture
Offline
Joined: 2006-11-22

Ron 14 wrote:Voltmoie wouldn't take me up on my offer even after I PM'd him every single month of my EJ commissions for the 26 months I was there so maybe you will. Do you want me to UPS my EJ awards to you ? I know you won't earn them because you are too busy babbling on this site.
 
R,
 
What was the offer?
 
Why don't you just go ahead and post your 26 months?  I am interested in seeing them so I can see what the benchmark is.  I was at EDJ to for awhile and have a useless drawer full of shovels, certificates, 'one-two-punchers'.
 

voltmoie's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-11-05

Not sure if Ron was telling the truth or not... but let's be honest.  Anyone can post numbers :)  I'm sure he had no reason to lie but it's not like the word of god.

Ron 14's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-07-10

If I was going to PM numbers and lie I would have made them much better. They were average, nothing great. Basically 65k gross year 1 and 100k year 2. I am sure wirehouse guys are now going to rip me, but they are what they are. All I was saying is that I was not fired from Jones.

troll's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-29

.

BerkshireBull's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-06-10

voltmoie wrote:Not sure if Ron was telling the truth or not... but let's be honest.  Anyone can post numbers :)  I'm sure he had no reason to lie but it's not like the word of god.
I don't think anything would be more important to Ronald than leading people on here to believe he's successful.  It creates a lot of pressure for him and thus leads him to do whatever is necessary to keep up the rouse.

BerkshireBull's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-06-10

wind3574 wrote:Ron, You sound exactly like me when I was trying to defend myself with my numbers. Funny how things work....'cept I more or less believe you're telling the truth since you don't really seem to care what people on here think of you as opposed to anything Ronald claims as he desperately seeks acceptance.

Moraen's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-01-22

BerkshireBull wrote:
voltmoie wrote:Not sure if Ron was telling the truth or not... but let's be honest.  Anyone can post numbers :)  I'm sure he had no reason to lie but it's not like the word of god.
I don't think anything would be more important to Ronald than leading people on here to believe he's successful.  It creates a lot of pressure for him and thus leads him to do whatever is necessary to keep up the rouse.

What's a "rouse"?

2wheeledbeemer's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-10-10

Moraen wrote: BerkshireBull wrote:
voltmoie wrote:Not sure if Ron was telling the truth or not... but let's be honest.  Anyone can post numbers :)  I'm sure he had no reason to lie but it's not like the word of god.
I don't think anything would be more important to Ronald than leading people on here to believe he's successful.  It creates a lot of pressure for him and thus leads him to do whatever is necessary to keep up the rouse.

What's a "rouse"?

Methinks he meant "ruse," which is an attempt at deception or trickery.

3rdyrp2's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-11-13

BerkshireBull wrote: wind3574 wrote:Ron, You sound exactly like me when I was trying to defend myself with my numbers. Funny how things work....'cept I more or less believe you're telling the truth since you don't really seem to care what people on here think of you as opposed to anything Ronald claims as he desperately seeks acceptance.

 
Ummm.....I'll give you a chance to retract that statement...
 
wind3574 wrote:...I don't have to defend myself...I've already proved my performance to Spiff....everyone knows....if you perform well, the wholesalers come crawlin....and nevermind that I called quite a few just after eval/grad to meet with, so i could get to know them and their funds (and not just preferred funds)...You don't know me dude or what I do.....Morphius...Kindly refer to the post as well and spend your time trying to criticize someone else, who honestly gives a f***......Otherwise, you'll just keep wasting your time.... I think i'll repost a quote I posted awhile back..... "Arguing on the internet is like being in the special olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded"
 
wind3574 wrote:Spiff thanks alot. I could really care less what these dudes say about me anymore. I  have no reason to defend myself. I've shown you my numbers so they would shut up and they have tripled since then. I work hard and with the success I have received, have learned alot more than the average joe broker because of the amount of accounts/money/trades I have dealt with.  4 months is not a long time. But when your overly successful and have dealt with wholesalers from many different fund familes, (which by the way, American funds in my region alone has 1 major wholsaler, the internal, and 1 wholsaler for each segment, so all these dumb comments about me saying most are idiotic). I don't know EVERYTHING, but obviously i am doing something right, or I wouldnt be getting attention from Jim Weddle and the GP's at PDP which is where I am right now, considering i haven't posted.
 
You guys honestly need to grow up. I posted a very what I thought, informative post and again got bashed. I made no grave to lay in. I said a few things, that everyone called me a liar on, I proved them and now its time to shut up about it. Find someone else to spend your days worrying about. Actually, I could use some advertising checks from RR.com for bringing the ratings up.....
 
wind3574 wrote:Maybe it's a southern thing, but people here don't want an advisor that talks over their head, talks analytically, and constantly talks investments. Most of the Clients and Prospects I have, want someone who can get things done with their investments, but most of all CARE ABOUT THEM.  You don't talk about that fishing trip Joe just went on, that he'd been savin all year for, then he could give a sh*t about you. Just the way things are......
It's funny because the only reason I ever start defending myself, is when I get pricks like you who start running your mouth off about me...Some people like to hear the good news..and find it uplifting...I know thats how I operate..I like to hear someones doing great...it makes me motivated......But I' dont really care much anymore...Your at the same place as me Voltmoie.......but are you sittin at $30,000 gross in 3-4 months? $12,000 this month so far? 700% of standard maybe? NO!...low hanging fruit my ass.....I work hard...and I'm not about to mistake hard work for luck..like you.....and thats why you continue your crap with me....Just ignore the posts when I post for people....Maybe other people actually think I give good advice....or not...but there are some that might appreciate the help....So shut up...
 
If I remember correctly, you were pmming me to call you and give you some pointers...hmmm.....
 
wind3574 wrote:Lets not forget studying for Insurance Exam, since my state takes forever. I don't care anymore what people say about me. Read the whole post. She got attacked for no reason, and I was just explaining it to her thats all.  Funny thing is, It's all true!
Any problems with that, I don't care.  I spend a total of about 15-20 minutes throughout the day looking at this forum, although it may be a few different times, that in no way equates to all day. The rest of my day is on a strict schedule unless i am out of town. There is a difference in working hard and working smart..... The smarter you work, the less stress you have and well the more successful you are.
 
I am not abrasive. Actually a really nice guy. It would be hard to be doing as well as I am and be a jerk...don't ya think? I just come here looking for more positive attitudes. I'm not about to switch names and this and that just to make you guys quit. When you are tired of arguing amongts yourself, you will. I'm just here to share ideas and stuff. Like I said I am not replying to anymore of those hateful posts, so lets keep em that way and use this site for what its for. I might learn alot from you guys and vice versa.
 
wind3574 wrote:I'm getting accounts because I care about the people and talk to them. Regardless of whether or not you beleive me, I don't care. I am just trying to be encouraging and my numbers are 100% correct. I know this market is tough, but if you get out and talk to people, point out where they could be better off...It's not that hard to bring in accounts in a market like this. The hard part is keeping accounts after being in the business for quite some time. It's easy for a nice looking, very personable, small town boy, who graduated from a local Big 12 college to come in and swoop accounts out from under an advisor with $100M book, who hardly calls them and charges them a wrap fee.....
 
I thank the Jones guys for trying not bash my statements.  Just because you other guys didn't learn the processes before your can sell and you can't bring that in within 2 months , doesn't mean I can't.  I wish I could just post my numbers from Joneslink, to make you look like idiots for arguing in 3 pages, instead of encouraging people who might be having a rough time.
 
wind3574 wrote:This is the kind of negative postings that I am talking about. There are always a bunch of people who take someone elses success and say its bs. You guys don't have to believe me, I am the one who's dealing with it everyday. I am just trying to tell the guy who posted this, that there are success stories out there. Regardless of the negative crap that is posted by most of you non-jones guys who jump firm to firm.
Do your little calculations and try and figure out my numbers, I don't care. Bottom line is my can sell was the beginning of the year and I am sitting at $2M in assets. I have grossed $20,000 since then. Just because it's transfered over, doesn't mean you get paid on it. If your such a veteran, you would know that. I just love the  "Its not possible" attitude that is in your posts. Thats EXACTLY how you encourage people to do well.
 
I don't follow the Jones script. I found that difficult in the beginning, so I just kind of made it my own and it has been really successful for me. Regardless of what you think, facts are thats were I am......Last week I pulled in a $1M account thats not even added to the $2M in assets yet, so my third month alone could very well be a $20,000 gross by itself with all the other things I have working.
 
Lmao!  He cares so little that he'll let you know 30 times that he doesn't care at all.
 
http://forums.registeredrep.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8989&KW=&PID=143064#143064

troll's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-29

.

3rdyrp2's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-11-13

wind3574 wrote:Miss a bond sale doing all that or just have THAT much time?
 
All I did was cut and paste your last 5 posts.  Took about 30 seconds.  Actually I felt bad dogging you on that, I just had to say something when Berkshire decided to point out that you don't seem to care what people think of you when I made a post about the exact opposite thing a few weeks ago.  My apologies, I know it was a d!ck thing to do, but I went for the cheap laugh. 

troll's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-29

.

Ron 14's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-07-10

BerkshireBull wrote: voltmoie wrote:Not sure if Ron was telling the truth or not... but let's be honest.  Anyone can post numbers :)  I'm sure he had no reason to lie but it's not like the word of god. I don't think anything would be more important to Ronald than leading people on here to believe he's successful.  It creates a lot of pressure for him and thus leads him to do whatever is necessary to keep up the rouse.
 
If I was seeking acceptance I would lie about my numbers because 65k/100k over a 2 year period is nothing to brag about. How exactly are those numbers leading people on here to believe I am successful. For one, those numbers fall between below average / average. For two, posting numbers just invites criticism. You guys are dumber than I thought.

maddog's picture
Offline
Joined: 2006-11-22

iceco1d wrote:maddog wrote:Ron 14 wrote:Voltmoie wouldn't take me up on my offer even after I PM'd him every single month of my EJ commissions for the 26 months I was there so maybe you will. Do you want me to UPS my EJ awards to you ? I know you won't earn them because you are too busy babbling on this site.
 
R,
 
What was the offer?
 
Why don't you just go ahead and post your 26 months?  I am interested in seeing them so I can see what the benchmark is.  I was at EDJ to for awhile and have a useless drawer full of shovels, certificates, 'one-two-punchers'.
 
 
 
You know you're lazy when you abbreviate the name "Ron." 
 
Nice post.  I guess being on here less than two years, being in the business for less than two years and trying to keep up your average of almost 5 posts a day - one shouldn't expect quality of post, just a post.

troll's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-29

.

Gaddock's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-02-23

wind3574 wrote: Ron 14 wrote: For one, those numbers fall between below average / average. So, in the business 2-3 years and your numbers are below average/average and you are giving me sh*t, telling me i'm worthless at my job only because i've been out 6 months now...... and i'm at 700% of expectations consistently.......hmmmmmm ....awkward
 
700% of what hurdles? Just curios.

troll's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-29

.

Ron 14's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-07-10

Wind I told you that you don't have all of the answers 6 months in. You seem to think you have this business pegged. 700% of standard 6 months in is the equivalent of tripping over one big rollover, it means nothing. I myself tripped over a 400k rollover in month 2. I was 500% of standard or something close. It means nothing. It proves nothing.

troll's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-29

.

voltmoie's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-11-05

Windy, when is the book coming out?

troll's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-29

.

Ron 14's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-07-10

Well if EJ isn't letting you become involved in your office process you aren't a hot shot like you speak. Hell, even an "average" producer like myself was able to make my own office decisions.

Ron 14's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-07-10

Also Wind, if you are this consistent, this good, this early you are a complete idiot if you don't leave EJ right now. You don't have an office so they will not come after you. You are putting up 15k a month go INDY right now. EJ has already given you all you need. Go rent a corner office somewhere for nothing and go to LPL and take home 90%. What is EJ giving you for the 10k they take each month ?

SometimesNowhere's picture
Joined: 2008-12-22

Ron 14 wrote:Also Wind, if you are this consistent, this good, this early you are a complete idiot if you don't leave EJ right now. You don't have an office so they will not come after you. You are putting up 15k a month go INDY right now. EJ has already given you all you need. Go rent a corner office somewhere for nothing and go to LPL and take home 90%. What is EJ giving you for the 10k they take each month ?
 
This is pointless. Explaining what you mean to this guy is a total waste of time, he will just respond with something about how he doesn't care what anyone thinks or how you are sitting at your desk eating Cheetos or how you're a "retard" or something else totally unrelated to what you say.
 
wind3574 wrote:Tues....
 
Incidentally, this is the funniest thing you have posted yet.

troll's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-29

.

3rdyrp2's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-11-13

wind3574 wrote:Ron there are alot of reasons why I don't even care to leave Jones. Loyalty, Respect, and Honesty to Jones as well as to my Clients. I'm not jumping from ship to ship for a higher paycheck. I've already made more money than I ever did before and I'm happy with that. Once my office opens and I start becoming profitable with the office, I am sure all the bonuses, profit sharing, Partnership....make up for some of that pay that jones gets.........but that takes a little bit of hard work and one of the things i notice about people in here and in this business is that alot of people want to make the most money the fastest and easiest way possible and if that means jumping firm to firm or indy to firm or whatever, then they do it........but that wouldnt be whats best for my clients.....or really myself at that matter...and by the way....it's more like 23K this month:)
 
Loyalty??  You've been there since Christmas!  You don't even have your own office yet.  How would going somewhere else be detrimental to the client?  American funds can pretty much be ACAT'd anywhere. 

troll's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-29

.

Ron 14's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-07-10

He is reading right out of the EJ handbook. Six months in and he has made more at EJ than ever in his life. He is exactly what EJ wants. He has confirmed the inability to produce an original thought. It just dawned on me, I am the idiot for arguing with him.

troll's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-29

.

3rdyrp2's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-11-13

wind3574 wrote: 3rdyrp2 wrote: Loyalty??  You've been there since Christmas!  You don't even have your own office yet.  How would going somewhere else be detrimental to the client?  American funds can pretty much be ACAT'd anywhere.  I think its pretty safe to say i'd have to have clients....and usually your loyal to them....or supposed to be
 
wind3574 wrote:Ron there are alot of reasons why I don't even care to leave Jones. Loyalty, Respect, and Honesty to Jones as well as to my Clients.
 
Again, how do you have loyalty to a firm that you've been with since Christmas and hasn't even provided you an office yet and takes over half of the revenue you bring in?  I'm not trying to bash Jones, I'm just questioning the amount of loyalty you can possibly have to a company that you haven't even experienced a cool Autumn breeze with yet.#1. I'm in a legacy, with my own office...So technically to my clients, I do have an office. and really does having an office matter? I mean, 23k this month? Obviously i'm doing enough business to anger, upset, or even hurt a few clients by moving....I dunno, maybe i'm one of the few who cares about my clients and what they think?....maybe?... There's alot of negatives from jumping firm to firm or whatever. Transfer fees, losing cost basis, and building the reputation of not being stable. Most of my clients have come from advisors who jump ship for bonuses, or a bigger pay-out and believe me, it puts a MAJOR bad taste in their mouths.....
 
How do you know this?  How do THEY know this?  It doesn't pass the smell test as I can't imagine advisors who leave their company to take a large payout would reveal this info to their clients.  And you've gotten rollovers since the start of 2009.  How many of your new clients have had to get cost basis info for their taxes and gotten screwed because the old firm lost their records?  All of your new clients have gotten their 1099's from the old company since the beginning of the year because thats where their money was on 12/31/08.  Unless you liquidated then transferred as cash before the holidays during your first week.
 
And...MOST of your clients, Windy, have come from advisors that left to take a bonus??  Come on, how many advisors in the Oklahoma City area have jumped ship to take swinging d!ck bonuses at big firms?

troll's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-29

.

3rdyrp2's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-11-13

I don't mean to ask "Why" to everything...some of the things you say just triggers it...its just that in over 3.5 years as an advisor I've never had one client even bring up the term "cost basis" unless it was tax time and we either made trades the previous year, or I rolled over an account the previous year and they needed old previous year tax info from the old firm.  I've never rolled over an account in March and had a client ask me about their cost basis in preparation for filing their taxes next year.
 
And the obvious question about loyalty is just that, I can't help but think that company has inserted an earwick into you...If you are bringing in 23k a month, as an indy you would take home 20k of that before expenses.  Now, you bring in less than 11k.  You are too early in to consider going indy with EDJ's stranglehold they put on you, but I think we'd feel better hearing the reason you wouldn't consider going indy right now being that you don't want to pay back training costs to EDJ rather than the reason you won't consider jumping ship being because you have loyalty to the company. 
 
Also, if you've acquired 20 clients this year (hypothetical, I'm not guessing you've done 20, I'm just using it as an example), you are saying that over 10 of them have come from advisors that jumped ship??  It doesn't matter a bit to me where you get your clients from, you're halfway across the country from me, but I do get compelled to call BS on someone that says something so ludicrous. 

Please or Register to post comments.

Industry Newsletters
Careers Category Sponsor Links

Sponsored Introduction Continue on to (or wait seconds) ×