I'm an AGE / Wach Rep, tired of the drama, ready to make a move. Have been offerred 380k upfront from another wirehouse. But Independence looks beter for the long term. So....looking for some front end advice from you indy gurus!
TWO BIG QUESTIONS
1) AM I CRAZY TO TURN DOWN THE 380k to go Indy?
2) WHICH INDY FIRMS SHOULD I INVESTIGATE - MIGHT BE A GOOD FIT FOR MY BIZ?
Here's a description of my business:
25 mil in assets
200k in recurring revenue (100k fee based, 100k trails and monthly investment plans)
80% of revenue comes from about 100 clients. These clients average about 200k per HH.
I use three primary products / services to execute these plans:
1) Annuities - mostly Jackson and Met
2) Fee Based -- Mf wrap programs at 1.5%, ETF manager at 2.25%
3) Managed futures
4) C share mutual funds
I NEED A FIRM THAT WILL GIVE ME:
1) FULL payout from annuties - no haircuts. Handles JNL, Met, lincoln, paclife
2) A logical replacement for my managed ETF accounts with 2.25% payout.
3) Handles managed futures with frontier, grant park, and global macro.
4) A culture that supports ongoing financial planning and portfolio guidance - with PRT tools that breakdown asset classes (not just funds, stocks, etc), and preferrably incorporate the annuities subaccounts into the reports (vs just saying "annuities" - although this may be a dream!)
May be giving you more than you want - but you guys always want details! Thanks for the help!