Advocates of alternative investing often point to persistent market volatility as a good reason to hold more than just stocks, bonds and cash in a portfolio. These days, being long-only in the three basic asset classes means exposing a portfolio to the damaging effects of increasingly interdependent equity and fixed-income markets, which often rise and fall together in reaction to major market events. By combining traditional and alternative investments, investors may have the potential to ...
WealthManagement.com Freemium Content
"Advisors Increase Usage of Alternative Investments" is FREE to access as a registered user on WealthManagement.com.
Why Register for WealthManagement.com? It's simple and free, and here is what you get:
- Reuters' dedicated Wealth Management news coverage, every single day.
- Interactive rankings of brokers and independent advisors.
- Access to our lively users’ forums to get inside info from fellow advisors.
- Insights from our proprietary research on topics like social media and practice management.
- Unlimited access to the Value My Practice profile tool.