There’s been a tectonic shift in investor mentality over the past year. Stocks are in; gold is out. But what about gold stocks? They are, after all, stocks. So, have they been swept up in the recent equity buying spree? Not hardly. Gold stocks, in fact, have been weaker than gold itself. And not just for the past year. The chart below depicts the relative strength of gold producers and junior mining stocks versus gold. Juniors outpaced gold in late 2010, then peaked and began ...
WealthManagement.com Freemium Content
"Technical Corner: May 2013" is FREE to access as a registered user on WealthManagement.com.
Why Register for WealthManagement.com? It's simple and free, and here is what you get:
- Reuters' dedicated Wealth Management news coverage, every single day.
- Interactive rankings of brokers and independent advisors.
- Access to our lively users’ forums to get inside info from fellow advisors.
- Insights from our proprietary research on topics like social media and practice management.
- Unlimited access to the Value My Practice profile tool.