Skip navigation

500 or bust?

or Register to post new content in the forum

3938 RepliesJump to last post

Comments

• Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Feb 11, 2009 4:38 am

Fellas,

Before you write us all off at 0, please read this:

http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSTRE5196IY20090211

Feb 11, 2009 4:54 am
Wheat-ie:

Fellas,

Before you write us all off at 0, please read this:

Bonuses alive and well for U.S. brokers | Reuters

Someone should send that to Stumpf.
Feb 11, 2009 6:06 am
tdude:

g26…read fine print of advisory handbook…u mean u didnt here the conference call HA!..Gallatin Offitt 28 bps,caaps laffer 25 bps…allocation advisors exc ibbottson 25 bps and ibstn 10 bps…new $ get whacked starting thursday…existing accounts get whacked starting 1-1 of next yr…dude up in WI with a 100 mill in caaps must be smoked right now…prolly loooking at a 250k cut to his gross.

Some say that the 24-50 grid is pretty good and easy to understand.  Problem is that you are getting that grid on less.    The haircuts on managed money, higher ticket minimums, ticket charges, no money market payout, etc, etc, etc.        
Feb 11, 2009 6:39 am

Friday the 13th

Feb 11, 2009 6:42 am

FRITZ,

What is our profit margin ? No one seems to be able to tell me.
Feb 11, 2009 2:26 pm

[quote=Redpen]

FRITZ,

What is our profit margin ? No one seems to be able to tell me. [/quote]   That's the point, you don't have one.  And, if WFC pays a truckload of retention it'll be an even bigger turd.   We are not going to see a return to the mean, production has to drive these deals and one thing history has shown is that these gi-huge deals are many times de-motivational.  Add that to a crap market and shrunk client assets and it is absolutely impossible to justify the P&L hit over an 8 year period.  None of the wires have long term investment capital, it's all about survival.   Do yourselves a favor and find a decent place to work, they're out there.   I know, you'll all kick the habit after one more joint.......
Feb 11, 2009 3:57 pm

Friday the 13th, can’t be good, has anyone heard from the Koolaid King Kowach lately, is he still employed as DL’s fetchitboy?

Feb 11, 2009 4:34 pm

Two more days. Again I will go with what I heard

0-250 Zero

250-500 20%

500-750 40%

750-1mill 50%

1mill+ 50% and 25% backend

Feb 11, 2009 5:02 pm

fwiw, mgr here understands non traditional to mean cashless.  buzz is ramped up grid for mid level production and up for period of contract.  to be sold by mgmt as similar to traditional retention but must be earned going forward not given looking back.  mid level not defined.   both name and details fri.

btw, prior post defined non traditional as monopoly money with dl's face on front.   under this deal, if true, dl's face would be on back.  other part on front.
Feb 11, 2009 5:30 pm

HuffPost – 14 Mar 09 Bailed-Out Firms Distributing Cash Rewards: "Please Do Not Call It A Bonus"

Two Wall Street firms that received at least $60 billion in government bailout funds will be rewarding their financial advisers with controversial retent...

Feb 11, 2009 6:29 pm

has a friday conference call been announced or is this just speculation??

Feb 11, 2009 6:49 pm

regional heads meet with jh and dl thursday to hear the particulars.  full conference call fri morn.  supposedly also incudes acceleration of age deal deferred vesting.

Feb 11, 2009 6:52 pm

SOmething tells me that cashless isn’t going to cut it for most people.

Feb 11, 2009 6:59 pm

I have a sneaking suspicion that this entire “retention” situation is going to end badly for WS.  No personal interest either way except I hate to see the trend to develop against retention amidst this incredible witch hunt going on by the congress, president and media. 

Feb 11, 2009 6:59 pm

If my mgr trys to sell me on cashless I will tell him to shove it up his arse!

Feb 11, 2009 7:00 pm

[quote=Danny Isadouche]If my mgr trys to sell me on cashless I will tell him to shove it up his arse![/quote]

I think you’ll be in good company

Feb 11, 2009 7:17 pm

With some other firms now raising their recruiting deals, there will be an exodus if retention is cashless. SOme of these deals are so good I am a little tempted to consider going back to a wirehouse.

Feb 11, 2009 7:17 pm

there may be one.   but it would pretty much be meaningless. 

in a traditional deal, if it was a five year deal and you walked after year three you'd still have to pay back two years worth.  in this deal, if you took the advanced grid -- which may be designed to replicate the net net of traditional cash deals, all things equal -- and left after year three there's nothing to pay back.  the firm wouldn't be out anything more than it would otherwise be at that point.  the contract might be there just to separate the legacy players from the new hires for payrolls purposes.
Feb 11, 2009 7:20 pm

To me, it seems what BP mentioned would be just enough to keep me. Cashless, wont cut it, I dont think. This is going to be very interesting.

Feb 11, 2009 7:24 pm

If it is an accelerated payout would that include guys that still have a few years left on contract. ie, a guy came from another firm 5 yrs ago and has two years before forgivable loan is completely forgiven.