Skip navigation

500 or bust?

or Register to post new content in the forum

3938 RepliesJump to last post

Comments

• Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Feb 10, 2009 2:07 pm

[quote=agebroker5]I guess I should start checking my grammer.

[/quote]

I would start with checking your spelling.
Feb 10, 2009 2:34 pm

All right, now look, Danny, I'm a patient man. That's what 13 months in a Vietnamese prison camp will do to you. But I will be watching you, studying your every move. And if I find that you misled us about retention, I will bring you down, baby. I will bring you down to Chinatown.

Feb 10, 2009 2:41 pm

[quote=Danny Isadouche]

All right, now look, Danny, I’m a patient man. That’s what 13 months in a Vietnamese prison camp will do to you. But I will be watching you, studying your every move. And if I find that you misled us about retention, I will bring you down, baby. I will bring you down to Chinatown.

[/quote]

The war is over, GI Joe. Time to come home.
Feb 10, 2009 3:12 pm

I will assume you all will be stepping up and calling Hays office today and asking about retention conference call

Feb 10, 2009 3:27 pm
BE PATIENT:

I will assume you all will be stepping up and calling Hays office today and asking about retention conference call

So when you called this morning what were you told?    
Feb 10, 2009 4:05 pm

Its not what was I told, it is the message that the brokers are getting VERY restless. Jim was on a conference call but she would give him the message. Imagine 300 calls today, do you think Hays would get the point?

Feb 10, 2009 4:35 pm

The bigger question for many of us should be:  Why are we working for a firm that does not value its most talented employees?   Should we try to fix the current situation or simply move on to greener pastures?    The damage that the poor (pathetic) communication from management has already done, is irreparable.   Retention will ease a little bit of the pain, but in the not big picture. The damage is already done.  This firm was has the number of reps that qualify it to be a "wirehouse", but the tools of a small regional firm.  The best and brightest minds on Wall Street do not work at this firm.  Our support is third rate.  Aside from "Profit Formula" this firm is a follower not a leader.  Its time for all of us to seriously look at our careers and decide if we want to try to make this bad firm a little better or move on to a firm that has a little more support, a little less BS and a lot more talented individuals and communication.   If management does read this they should take note:   Once retention is announced move swiftly to get the reps the funds.  None of us will tolerate waiting until the Summer for retention that we should have received in January.   Communication must improve!     
Feb 10, 2009 4:58 pm

I really really hate that MF charlie gaparino

Feb 10, 2009 6:26 pm

All I know is DL stated that retention was going to be announced in 2-3 weeks.  2 weeks ago was Jan 28th, 3 weeks ago was Feb 4th.  Hays said By the end of January.   Here we are in MID FEBRUARY and STILL no answers.

Feb 10, 2009 6:30 pm

I remember DL saying a “few weeks” and Hays stating something about ‘we should have said the end of January’ rather than what had actually been stated.  Either way, their credibility is now in negative figures and falling. 

Feb 10, 2009 7:35 pm

BP I fired off an email to JH outlining my concerns and voicing my frustration with how communication has been handled through this process.  I know this doesnt get as much play but 7 weeks after the deal was finalized and we still do not know what we are calling ourselves???  What kind of company does that?

Feb 10, 2009 7:57 pm

All the Wall St execs getting grilled by those fools inept fools in congress tommorow. Should be interesting/stupid. No way Stumpf wants to be asked a retention question by Barney Frank

Feb 10, 2009 8:05 pm

Everyone should go to work for Edwards and Jones, they are the best!!!

Feb 10, 2009 8:25 pm

Geithner doing well.   f me

Feb 10, 2009 8:28 pm

I wonder how many FA’s are aware of this forum?

Feb 10, 2009 8:30 pm

Let’s all be sure to write or call our messages of thanks and gratitude to the amateurs Geihtner and Obama. They deserve to know how appreciative we are for making the tough decisions on behalf of us all. 

Put them back on the f__'ing short bus and get them out of D.C.!!!

Feb 10, 2009 8:39 pm

From Investment News Daily:

UBS TO PLIT WEALTH BUSINESS   here is an excerpt:   The move will affect 7,900 brokers and financial advisers at about 480 branches in the United States.

UBS is creating two new divisions, one called Wealth Management and Swiss Bank, the other labeled Wealth Management Americas.

Marten Hoekstra will lead the latter group, which will focus on broadening market share in the United States and further developing the Canadian and Latin American markets.

Thoughts?
Feb 10, 2009 8:40 pm

I can’t imagine Wells wants to go to Washington tomorrow with a retention offer hanging out there while on the hot seat.

I imagine if Stumpf gets through that without retention coming up as a major issue, we’ll have an email Wed evening or Thur AM announcing a Friday call.

Let’s put this baby to rest.

Feb 10, 2009 9:08 pm
Wells Fargo calls junket stories 'nonsense' St. Louis Business Journal

Wells Fargo & Co. went on the offensive Sunday with a full-page ad defending itself against criticism over employee junkets.

The San Francisco-based company, which last week canceled an employee trip to Las Vegas, said in its New York Times ad that many media stories have been deliberately misleading.

"These one-sided stories lead you to believe every employee recognition event is a junket, a boondoggle, a waste, or that it’s for highly-paid executives. Nonsense!”

The ad begins: "Okay, time out. Something doesn't feel right." The ad goes on to agree that employers — particularly ones that receive financial help from the U.S. government — should take a hard look at how much is spent on employee-recognition events.

Wells Fargo, which received $25 billion from the Troubled Asset Relief Program, said canceling events hurts "those who are most deserving of recognition," such as tellers and other non-executive employees.

San Francisco-based Wells Fargo (NYSE:WFC) recently acquired Charlotte, N.C.-based Wachovia Corp. Wachovia’s brokerage unit, Wachovia Securities, is based in St. Louis.

Feb 10, 2009 9:37 pm

on to 200 – and its only Tuesday.