Skip navigation

500 or bust?

or Register to post new content in the forum

3938 RepliesJump to last post

Comments

• Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Mar 15, 2009 8:46 pm

Yes, Gene was one of Bagby’s boys…but he was legacy AGE and one more that is no longer there.  It is one more piece of evidence of which culture is the dominant one…in case there was ever any doubt.

Mar 15, 2009 9:13 pm

Where did you see that Gene D quit?

Mar 15, 2009 9:14 pm
albert:

Did you all see Gene D. quit?  April 1 last day.

So what happened?  Did he quit, get the boot, show up one day at work with "E N V I"    "S I O N"  tatted on his knuckles and they pulled his clearance?
Mar 15, 2009 9:16 pm

Heard it was Gene and 2 or 3 legacy AGE RP’s. Anyone hear about anyone else? There was an RP meeting Wed thru Fri.

Mar 15, 2009 9:36 pm

i know several folks that will follow Gene D’s lead, it says a lot that he’s leaving… a lot about what was already clear

Mar 15, 2009 9:40 pm

Any idea where Gene is headed?

Mar 15, 2009 10:13 pm

The Moneta Group   CEO  They are a small RIA firm

Mar 15, 2009 10:23 pm

Where are you guys seeing this info, on the web or by ear?

Mar 16, 2009 1:06 am

One other note…all the WFC flag waivers that said the only reason
WFC took TARP was becasue they were 'forced ’ to by the Gov…well if
this was the case…why are they not giving it back like some other
banks have??? It is because they need the $$…without it they would be
in serious trouble…they already got cut to AA wven with the
money…just think where you would be without it…seems like WB round
2!

Mar 16, 2009 1:19 am

[quote=brokergirl]

Where are you guys seeing this info, on the web or by ear?

[/quote]   On infomax..Leaderhip announcment
Mar 16, 2009 11:50 pm

Bob Price and his son (manager of Naples Fl) left last week for MS. Bob built over the last 35 yrs one of the legendary offices in the AGE system (believe no 3 or 4 in revenue). Understand a dozen or more of the naples fa’s have gone to SF and 3 of their biggest producers went to MS.

Mar 16, 2009 11:54 pm

and bonuses have been deposited into your accounts…good bye legacy AGE folks…time to fly

Mar 16, 2009 11:55 pm
nestegg:

One other note…all the WFC flag waivers that said the only reason WFC took TARP was becasue they were 'forced ’ to by the Gov…well if this was the case…why are they not giving it back like some other banks have??? It is because they need the $$…without it they would be in serious trouble…they already got cut to AA wven with the money…just think where you would be without it…seems like WB round 2!

....because they picked up this little bank in NC and need the money for that mistake which saved FDIC and the Treasury far more than $25B.
Mar 17, 2009 2:25 am

I hate wfc   

i hate strumpf.    but to be fair. be kind of dumb to give back free money unless govt really messes with them

Mar 17, 2009 2:31 am

you AGE really did gets Fukced.

you got this MF market and then all the WS/WFC crap.   

Plus, the sad irony of it all is that the non-bank brokers are now looking very smart and AGE would be rocking.

Is Bagley the guy who was CEO and Ok’ed merger? Is he still with company?   

If your AGE you really have to bolt if you can I guess.    It would take a great deal to put up with WFC and not have taste of shti in ur mouth.   How many FA’s were there at AGE? How many have left?

These are really nasty times.   I heard of one large team that went to freakin Stanford and DIDNT get up front check before place was shut down.    brutal

Mar 17, 2009 3:03 am

Did anyone listen to Danny L call?  Or is there nothing he can say that matters?  Envison, blah, blah, Bank Model, Blah…

Mar 17, 2009 3:30 am

I believe the call is tomorrow - sometime around noon.

Mar 17, 2009 4:42 am

I thought things couldnt get any worse but today I received 7 calls from my client about these dup statement from wachovia for the month of feb.  I thought these 2 statements were sent at the same time but the statement that indicates zero balance were sent about a week after the correct one so all my clients think that I m madhoff junior.  I

Mar 17, 2009 5:21 am
skbroker:

I thought things couldnt get any worse but today I received 7 calls from my client about these dup statement from wachovia for the month of feb.  I thought these 2 statements were sent at the same time but the statement that indicates zero balance were sent about a week after the correct one so all my clients think that I m madhoff junior.  I

Me too since Thursday. old client population on top of that so ......Question, does this have anything to do with sending IT work to India ? When do we get to stop apologizing for this firm and get back to work?
Mar 17, 2009 5:31 am
clang:

He was one of Bagby’s boys

you say that as a negative comment, but that couldnt be further from the truth.    Gene was a solid guy--been in the trenches and understood the work it takes to run a practice. Far superior to Bagby.