Skip navigation

500 or bust?

or Register to post new content in the forum

3938 RepliesJump to last post

Comments

• Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Feb 20, 2009 1:37 am
wishiwaseveren:

BM told me that RM said March for retention…

That would be classic, wait for new fees to hit in April with market down another 15-20% for the quarter.    If stalling until March to make it April you got to hand to them.
Feb 20, 2009 1:41 am

Classic bullsh*t

Feb 20, 2009 1:47 am
StraightTalk:

thanksgiving…christmas…january…days not weeks…feb 13th…tuesday…friday…zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Maybe they are speaking to you guys in some kind of code and you didn't get the manual. Days really mean weeks, and weeks mean months, etc.  Much like in that Wrath of Khan movie.   Kirk: Kirk to Enterprise.
Spock: Spock here.
Kirk: Captain Spock, retention report.
Spock: Admiral, if we go "by the book". Like Lieutenant Saavik, hours could seem like days. Weeks like months. 
Kirk: I read you captain. Let's have it.
Spock: The situation is grave, Admiral. We won't have "retention" for six "weeks". The "name change" has temporarily failed. Restoration may be possible, in two "days". By the book, Admiral.    
Feb 20, 2009 1:47 am

I’m like everyone else on here.  I don’t know anything.  However, our RM was in the office earlier this week and said NOT to expect any up front money.  He said he “wasn’t saying we’d get nothing”, just nothing up front.  Most guys in our office are waiting for the March bonus (AGE guys)  they are then heading off in different directions.  UBS has already taken two Chairman’s counsel guys earlier this year.  Both got 265%, 165% in cash and work toward asset growth for the rest.   Personally I think they will announce some payout bump around the AGE March bonus to try to retain people.  They are WAY TO LATE.  The Smart Station (ha ha) is the biggest piece of $#&^$%& I’ve ever seen.  Back office is in total disaray.  WFC management could care less about us.  WB management figured out how to fee our clients to death.  I even feel sorry for the WB brokers, they’ve suffered as much as the AGE guys have.  I hope you all find a great place to go soon.  I will not work for this firm much longer.

Feb 20, 2009 1:50 am

Perhaps WFC just has a profound sense of history and wants the
retention announcement to correspond with the May 31st 2nd anniversary
of the original “merger of equals” announcement.

Feb 20, 2009 1:51 am

What a long 2 years.

Feb 20, 2009 1:52 am

I was going to stay with this firm until I just read the Star Trek quote.  A few days ago we had Star Wars pictures on this board.  Now we have make believe Star Trek scripts.  Enough.

Feb 20, 2009 1:54 am

Iam impressed with 311 pages

Feb 20, 2009 1:55 am

My BM told several of the brokers in my team yesterday that there will be no retention, PERIOD.  He got that from RM yesterday afternoon.  I am a registered CA and am legacy AGE for quite a few years. I have been following these boards ever since the AGE / WB merger trying to figure out what is going on, Even though I will not be eligible for retention pay it affects me too in that if there is no retention package for my brokers, they may leave and where does that leave me?  If a FA is offered an incentive package to leave WFC does the CA receive anything if they go with the broker?  As you can probably tell, this is my first posting.

Feb 20, 2009 1:58 am

welcome to the board brokergirl

Feb 20, 2009 2:00 am

brokergirl…depends on your FA…it’s always on the table…

Feb 20, 2009 2:01 am

Anyone heard anything on DL, or JH?  Are they Ok?

Feb 20, 2009 2:08 am

Wow. While back we had fa’s wife come on this board now ca. Soon we ll have sons and daughters.   No. U sound better than most retards on this forum.   

Feb 20, 2009 2:20 am

what the hell is a CA

Feb 20, 2009 2:23 am

a Client Associate  (fancy name for adminstrative assistant)

CA = computer assistant ?

Most FA's compensate their CA's during a move. Those FA's that have moved and left good CA's behind have regretted it.  Recently, a large producing broker left our office and his largest client offered to stay with the new broker. All because the new FA agreed to have the old CA service his account. Just my opinion, but that seems like a pretty dumb way to lose your largest account.  

Feb 20, 2009 2:25 am

when i came to WS i brought my sales assistant with me and gave her some money for the move and woked out a deal for the same vacation and sick days and other things

Feb 20, 2009 2:26 am
fritz:

Anyone heard anything on DL, or JH?  Are they Ok?

I'm not sympathizing with DL or JH, but can you imagine the chaos that must be going on there?  Pushback from WFC, AGE alumn spewing the hate, Legacy WS starting to spew hate, WB going down in flames, chaos creeping into all the regions and branches, March bonuses coming up for AGE, a stupid Reg. Rep chat board that has something like 400,000 views, revolving door of brokers coming and going, AGE conversion, smart station going over like a fart in church...where do I stop?  If any day in the last few months was "take your kids to work day," I'm guessing little DL or JH didn't see the same guy they see at home. 
Feb 20, 2009 2:27 am

I am very interested to see what other opportunities are out there other that UBS and MS has anyone meet or spoken with anyone else and if so what kind of deals are out there?