Skip navigation

500 or bust?

or Register to post new content in the forum

3938 RepliesJump to last post

Comments

• Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Feb 13, 2009 3:13 pm
tims72:

Just heard that we will not hear anything today.

That might be good.  It would mean an audible has been called, likely reflecting a late change of plan.  Maybe a last ditch effort to do the UBS JV, DL's likely only hope to gain real retention and hold the firm together.  I like it.
Feb 13, 2009 3:20 pm

It’s Friday… 

"Well, we're waiting."
Feb 13, 2009 3:20 pm

SHOCKING, Does WFC even know what an FA is ?

Feb 13, 2009 3:27 pm

I wanted to hear something today, but bad news comes on 3 day weekends.  If we hear of a call scheduled from Tuesday or Wednesday, I think that could be a good omen. 

Feb 13, 2009 3:39 pm
DPnotDL:

SHOCKING, Does WFC even know what an FA is ?

This is my vote for best post in this monster thread   sums it ALL up.
Feb 13, 2009 3:39 pm

[quote=Go_Long]It’s Friday… 

"Well, we're waiting." [/quote]   LOL! Thanks.  We all needed a chuckle.
Feb 13, 2009 4:03 pm

[quote=res ipsa loquitor][quote=Go_Long]It’s Friday… 

"Well, we're waiting." [/quote]   LOL! Thanks.  We all needed a chuckle.[/quote]   That is an all time classic movie
Feb 13, 2009 4:05 pm

I would bet that the UBS thing gets announced. Three day weekend. Gotta happen.

Feb 13, 2009 4:11 pm

[quote=BukiRob][quote=res ipsa loquitor][quote=Go_Long]It’s Friday… 

"Well, we're waiting." [/quote]   LOL! Thanks.  We all needed a chuckle.[/quote]   That is an all time classic movie[/quote]   Absolutely.  But we need a little inspiration for the weekend. Long live Lacey, too.
Feb 13, 2009 4:16 pm

Was told by a regional manager that an announcement of meeting will come later today.

The call will be "next week". 
Feb 13, 2009 4:30 pm

“Danny! Danny! Where’s my retention, Danny?”

Feb 13, 2009 4:34 pm

“Last time a saw a face like that, it had a hook in it!”

Dangerfield in Caddyshack
Feb 13, 2009 4:34 pm

Do you take drugs, Danny?

Feb 13, 2009 4:36 pm

[quote=Danny Isadouche]“Danny! Danny! Where’s my retention, Danny?”

[/quote]   "Just be calm.  I've got it right here."
Feb 13, 2009 4:40 pm

A recruiter some of you mention here cold called me this AM.  He works for Wachovia among others.  I asked him what he’s hearing on WS retention as he talks with loads of ISG and PCG  managers during a given week.  He said the pressure to bring in “NEW” FA flow into their pipelines is on. He said the heat is really on the ISG channel as there’s huge turnover expected and already happening. 

Feb 13, 2009 4:53 pm

“Just the other day Danny, I sent a boy younger than you to the electric chair. I didn’t want to do. I felt I ooooowed it to him.” Judge Smails.

Feb 13, 2009 4:57 pm

[quote=20yrVet]

Was told by a regional manager that an announcement of meeting will come later today.

The call will be "next week".  [/quote]   Note that the 2pm EST Midsession Sales and Strategy conference call has just been cancelled.  (See Infomax)  For what?  
Feb 13, 2009 5:07 pm

[quote=Go_Long]

[/quote]   Al Czervik: Oh, this is the worst-looking hat I ever saw. What, when you buy a hat like this I bet you get a free bowl of soup, huh?
[looks at Judge Smails, who's wearing the same hat]
Al Czervik: Oh, it looks good on you though.
Feb 13, 2009 5:09 pm

My theory.....chaos in St. Louis....

Feb 13, 2009 5:20 pm

[quote=StraightTalk]

My theory.....chaos in St. Louis....

[/quote]   Mine:  Either of two scenarios: 1 -- Still working on UBS JV and putting us on hold for the time being, 2 -- Know (via feedback from meetings this week) that reaction will be bad enough that they're trying to take the 3 day (read moving time) weekend out of play and hit us with us at the start of a week.