As if there weren’t enough variables to consider when planning for retirement, throw this into the mix: Fifty-two percent of parents over age 45 expect to financially support their adult children, and 35 percent expect to do the same for grandchildren, according to the 2013 Merrill Lynch Retirement Study, released May 6. Sixteen percent also said they expect to support their parents. What is the help for? According to the survey, giving money directly (43 percent), help with ...
WealthManagement.com Freemium Content
"Generational Dependence: Helping Clients Cope" is FREE to access as a registered user on WealthManagement.com.
Why Register for WealthManagement.com? It's simple and free, and here is what you get:
- Reuters' dedicated Wealth Management news coverage, every single day.
- Interactive rankings of brokers and independent advisors.
- Access to our lively users’ forums to get inside info from fellow advisors.
- Insights from our proprietary research on topics like social media and practice management.
- Unlimited access to the Value My Practice profile tool.