Skip navigation

200k New Money

or Register to post new content in the forum

196 RepliesJump to last post

Comments

• Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Mar 31, 2009 11:54 pm

Snags I think he was calling my model and its returns “comical junk”

Ron 14 just cant even get your head around the idea one can truly make large returns when you have an edge that is hedged against loss.
Mar 31, 2009 11:57 pm

I’ll still tell you but I don’t think you’ll be able to get your head around it. If you will sober up and want to learn this particular trade I’ll tell you. If you would prefer to be a closed minded kid rock on with yourself.

You can lead a horse to water.
Apr 1, 2009 12:15 am

I don’t get it dude, if I saw a post like this I would be eating it up with a large spoon … when you grow up and are able to do a 20 minute question and answer session I’ll show you how. I’ll give you and example of my latest trade. You can do the math and or validate what I’m telling you anyway you want and I welcome you, and everybody, to attempt to shoot holes in it. Even though the risk of this model is just about null I still treat it like all the rest. ANY ONE TRADE has a size and scope to it that in the large sample it has no impact on the entire portfolio. The black swan can always open its wings.

They are actually quite common when there is a sharp high vix move as its based on mean reversion, standard deviations (or ATR) and the imbalances that are a result of the same. I like to find lower priced stocks as you can get a huge bang for you buck without having to use any leverage.   You have to be nimble and take the "hard side" of the trade first. Once you nail that down the other parts are rather easy and fall right in place.
Apr 1, 2009 12:32 am

I am interested in Gaddock's model..

Apr 1, 2009 12:37 am

OK then … do you have 30 minutes and 100 or your attention?

Apr 1, 2009 12:40 am

Yes??  am i reading the question wrong…

Apr 1, 2009 12:43 am

OK then … what is your risk when you SELL a put. If you don’t know just say it and I’ll Tell you fast.

Apr 1, 2009 12:47 am

The risk is that the stock tanks below the strike price minus what you received.

Example you sell  5 strike price for $1 and the stock goes to $1 you're down $3 per share  ... yes?   agreed?
Apr 1, 2009 12:50 am
.   Agreed?
Apr 1, 2009 12:51 am
  Agreed?
Apr 1, 2009 12:54 am
    Agreed?
Apr 1, 2009 12:56 am
  Agreed?
Apr 1, 2009 1:05 am

We on the same page?

Apr 1, 2009 1:10 am

Example: I just happen to remeber the correct numbers on this one, It’s a June not an April but the numbers are fresh …

Agreed?            
Apr 1, 2009 1:27 am

Well nothing from the other side, yawn. Why do I even bother to show you such a great trade? I guess karma.

Apr 1, 2009 1:30 am

Sorry got hung up with a call from my biggest client(he is in china now)… I have never traded options before so let me recap what I think you said…

Apr 1, 2009 1:32 am

I’ll just finish the trade and you can study it and ask questions

Apr 1, 2009 1:33 am

Ok that works, because I started at Jones and we couldn’t do options, so learned just enough to pass the 7… so i will have to look up some terms…

Apr 1, 2009 1:35 am

Would PMing me be easier?

Apr 1, 2009 1:37 am
Trade removed