After a period of indigestion following merger activity, wirehouses, comprising of UBS, Morgan Stanley Smith Barney, Wells Fargo Advisors, and Bank of America Merrill Lynch, are nearing the later phases of their restructuring. Executives, such as James Gorman at Morgan Stanley, have realigned their firms toward a leaner future. Integration of platforms, offices, and advisors has been consuming the focus at the wires. The tumultuous environment has resulted in retention and recruiting ...
WealthManagement.com Freemium Content
"Withering Wirehouses?" is FREE to access as a registered user on WealthManagement.com.
Why Register for WealthManagement.com? It's simple and free, and here is what you get:
- Reuters' dedicated Wealth Management news coverage, every single day.
- Interactive rankings of brokers and independent advisors.
- Access to our lively users’ forums to get inside info from fellow advisors.
- Insights from our proprietary research on topics like social media and practice management.
- Unlimited access to the Value My Practice profile tool.