The managers of a company’s multiple retirement plans were not pleased. As Ed Lynch, chief executive and founder of the consulting firm Fiduciary Plan Governance tells the story, the plan sponsor had filed a request for proposals from financial advisors for managing a defined benefit pension master trust with about $95 million in assets, plus five 401(k) plans totaling another $35 million. They had been paying the incumbent advisor 0.37 percent in fees to manage the retirement money, ...
WealthManagement.com Freemium Content
"Will 401(k) Benchmarks Put You Out of Business?" is FREE to access as a registered user on WealthManagement.com.
Why Register for WealthManagement.com? It's simple and free, and here is what you get:
- Reuters' dedicated Wealth Management news coverage, every single day.
- Interactive rankings of brokers and independent advisors.
- Access to our lively users’ forums to get inside info from fellow advisors.
- Insights from our proprietary research on topics like social media and practice management.
- Unlimited access to the Value My Practice profile tool.