South Dakota’s favorable tax, trust and asset protection laws make it one of the top domestic asset protection jurisdictions. South Dakota is the only state that has all of the follow asset protection laws:
- Self-settled trust statute with two years fraudulent conveyance
- Sole remedy charging order protection for LLCs and LPs
- Statute codifying that a discretionary interest in a trust is not a property right
- Spendthrift protection
- Total seal privacy for all trust matters in perpetuity
- Reimburse trustee if sue trust and unsuccessful
The combination of these laws is unparalleled and powerful.