Advisors who frequently move to new firms can expect to make less, according to WealthManagement.com's annual compensation survey. “When you move, you’re kind of recalibrating, reinventing yourself in terms of your business. And it just takes time to ramp back up,” says Matt Lynch of Tiburon Strategic Advisors. Moving every few years is like taking equity out of the business along the way, instead of at the end of a career, Lynch says. That’s not to say ...
WealthManagement.com Freemium Content
"Moving Can Cost You" is FREE to access as a registered user on WealthManagement.com.
Why Register for WealthManagement.com? It's simple and free, and here is what you get:
- Reuters' dedicated Wealth Management news coverage, every single day.
- Interactive rankings of brokers and independent advisors.
- Access to our lively users’ forums to get inside info from fellow advisors.
- Insights from our proprietary research on topics like social media and practice management.
- Unlimited access to the Value My Practice profile tool.