Independent broker/dealers have continued to struggle over the last couple years, as low interest rates put pressure on revenues while higher technology and regulatory costs keep margins tight. Larger firms have taken advantage of the opportunity, scooping up small b/ds to build scale and add to their existing ranks. These 25 firms, ranked by 2012 headcount, are the largest of the bunch. (Some, to be sure, include small performers in the insurance brokerage sector.) View the Top 10 IBD ...
WealthManagement.com Freemium Content
"Top 25 Independent Broker/Dealers 2013" is FREE to access as a registered user on WealthManagement.com.
Why Register for WealthManagement.com? It's simple and free, and here is what you get:
- Reuters' dedicated Wealth Management news coverage, every single day.
- Interactive rankings of brokers and independent advisors.
- Access to our lively users’ forums to get inside info from fellow advisors.
- Insights from our proprietary research on topics like social media and practice management.
- Unlimited access to the Value My Practice profile tool.