Investments in commodity futures are subject to a unique, and sometimes unfathomable, tax treatment which gets passed through to fund investors. What are the rules for marking futures to the market at year-end? Does this result in more or less tax liability for fund holders compared to a non-commodity investment?
WealthManagement.com Freemium Content
"Alternative Investment Strategies " is FREE to access as a registered user on WealthManagement.com.
Why Register for WealthManagement.com? It's simple and free, and here is what you get:
- Reuters' dedicated Wealth Management news coverage, every single day.
- Interactive rankings of brokers and independent advisors.
- Access to our lively users’ forums to get inside info from fellow advisors.
- Insights from our proprietary research on topics like social media and practice management.
- Unlimited access to the Value My Practice profile tool.