More families have been discovering 529 college savings plans. In fact, assets in the plans jumped 25 percent in 2012 to $166 billion, according to Morningstar. But not all the plans are equally appealing. Some come with high expenses and uninspiring investment track records. According to a recent study by Morningstar, the average 529 investment returns lagged behind comparable mutual funds. Some choices performed so badly that savers would have done better by avoiding 529s and investing ...
WealthManagement.com Freemium Content
"Printer-friendly" is FREE to access as a registered user on WealthManagement.com.
Why Register for WealthManagement.com? It's simple and free, and here is what you get:
- Reuters' dedicated Wealth Management news coverage, every single day.
- Interactive rankings of brokers and independent advisors.
- Access to our lively users’ forums to get inside info from fellow advisors.
- Insights from our proprietary research on topics like social media and practice management.
- Unlimited access to the Value My Practice profile tool.