After suffering through the market crisis of 2008-2009, investors are demanding more out of their advisors. They want downside protection in volatile markets but don’t want to sacrifice potential returns. Advisors widely feel that modern portfolio theory alone doesn’t adequately manage risk. And while they have not jettisoned modern portfolio theory (and the values of diversification) altogether, they have responded by taking a more active stance towards short-term market ...
WealthManagement.com Freemium Content
"Printer-friendly" is FREE to access as a registered user on WealthManagement.com.
Why Register for WealthManagement.com? It's simple and free, and here is what you get:
- Reuters' dedicated Wealth Management news coverage, every single day.
- Interactive rankings of brokers and independent advisors.
- Access to our lively users’ forums to get inside info from fellow advisors.
- Insights from our proprietary research on topics like social media and practice management.
- Unlimited access to the Value My Practice profile tool.