Despite repeated reminders that past performance is not indicative of future results, investors have long flocked to the best-performing funds, and why not? Barring any other reliable metric, a fund’s track record is as good as any selling point. But chasing the winners is getting more complicated. A decade ago most inflows went to funds that carried Morningstar’s top ratings of four and five stars—which comprise about 32.5% of funds in the Morningstar database. Lately ...
WealthManagement.com Freemium Content
"Chasing the Winners" is FREE to access as a registered user on WealthManagement.com.
Why Register for WealthManagement.com? It's simple and free, and here is what you get:
- Reuters' dedicated Wealth Management news coverage, every single day.
- Interactive rankings of brokers and independent advisors.
- Access to our lively users’ forums to get inside info from fellow advisors.
- Insights from our proprietary research on topics like social media and practice management.
- Unlimited access to the Value My Practice profile tool.