More than ever, investors stung by the financial crisis are giving the cold shoulder to traditional stock-pickers and bond managers. Overall assets managed by the investment management industry rose 9 percent to a record last year after four flat years, buoyed mostly by rebounding stocks and the last leg of a decades-long bond rally. This recovery did not extend to everybody, as U.S. firms outpaced their Europe-based rivals, while traditional long-only stock funds continues to suffer net ...
WealthManagement.com Freemium Content
"Active Funds Continue to Lose Share" is FREE to access as a registered user on WealthManagement.com.
Why Register for WealthManagement.com? It's simple and free, and here is what you get:
- Reuters' dedicated Wealth Management news coverage, every single day.
- Interactive rankings of brokers and independent advisors.
- Access to our lively users’ forums to get inside info from fellow advisors.
- Insights from our proprietary research on topics like social media and practice management.
- Unlimited access to the Value My Practice profile tool.