Merrill Lynch brokers, and bullish markets for most of the past year, helped Bank of America in the second quarter reach all-time highs in wealth management revenue, profit and profit margins as well as in loans and asset management fees. One number that is not rising, though, is broker headcount: the bank's ranks of financial advisers plunged by 1,005, or 6 percent, to 15,759 from the year-ago period. That headcount number, meanwhile, includes 1,587 associates who work for Merrill ...
WealthManagement.com Freemium Content
"Merrill Earnings Surge Even as Broker Headcount Sinks" is FREE to access as a registered user on WealthManagement.com.
Why Register for WealthManagement.com? It's simple and free, and here is what you get:
- Reuters' dedicated Wealth Management news coverage, every single day.
- Interactive rankings of brokers and independent advisors.
- Access to our lively users’ forums to get inside info from fellow advisors.
- Insights from our proprietary research on topics like social media and practice management.
- Unlimited access to the Value My Practice profile tool.