John Thiel, 53, Head of Merrill Lynch Wealth Management
Illustration by Michael Witte
WealthManagement.com: It’s been five years since the financial crisis. Where do you think the financial services industry stands today? John Thiel: I think we’re more appropriately focused on client outcomes instead of just benchmarks. We have more work to do, but I think it’s been a healthy reminder for everybody—for us, the industry, for clients—that chasing returns without recognizing and managing the risks associated with getting those returns has ...
WealthManagement.com Freemium Content
"Head of the Herd" is FREE to access as a registered user on WealthManagement.com.
Why Register for WealthManagement.com? It's simple and free, and here is what you get:
- Reuters' dedicated Wealth Management news coverage, every single day.
- Interactive rankings of brokers and independent advisors.
- Access to our lively users’ forums to get inside info from fellow advisors.
- Insights from our proprietary research on topics like social media and practice management.
- Unlimited access to the Value My Practice profile tool.