Recruiters re: AGE

41 replies [Last post]
Baller's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-06-06

Ok recruiters, it's been 3 weeks since the merger announcement with Wachovia.  I've been getting the calls and I know my colleagues have as well, not to mention all the hype you've made here about talking with dozens of us and all of us that are about to move.  Here's my question:
Now that you've had 3 weeks, how many AGE FC's have you placed elsewhere?

Baller's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-06-06

None huh? Fascinating.
How about Iwork4u and his new Tesla?  Did you move any AGE guys?

Brokermike99's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-06-12

I heard only 6 have left nationwide. Fact is Wachwards might just end up being the best on the street when this is all done.

troll's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-29

All the recruiters must be busy pounding the phones from all of us AGE brokers that are ready to jump ship.   

liquid's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-06-09

Brokermike99 wrote:I heard only 6 have left nationwide. Fact is Wachwards might just end up being the best on the street when this is all done.
I know of four who have left within a sixty mile radius of my "rural" office in the last ten days, gotta think nationwide more who have not "got their ducks in-a-row" are carefully studying the transition of their books. There's a lot of contra firm money out there looking for assets.
 

Mucho de Tejas's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-03-08

Give'em time, most of these reps are spending this time performing their due diligence before they move. The recruiters will really pounce after the dust has settled.

JCadieux's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-01-23

Yes, there is movement out there.  But no, I won't be specific.

Baller's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-06-06

That's the best you've got?  Why do you even bother posting here, besides the obvious reason.

iwork4you's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-06-05

My shop has it's first since the merger starting this Friday, with one slated to start the following week and one the next. Not huge, those take a little more time, but many more are meeting and the talks are progressing quickly.

Baller's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-06-06

Thank You iwork4you.  JCadieux please take note.  THAT WAS AN ANSWER, not just an opportunity to flash a signature.

skbroker's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-06-16

After all of the dusts have been settled wachovia will lose 2/3 of A.G broker and lose about 70 percent of revenue in 2 years.  Its not about the money for A.G. brokers. its all about the culture and doing the best job for clients.  mark my words

troll's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-29

skbroker wrote:
That would be awesome!  I would happily call all the clients of the brokers in my office if they left.
 
Too bad it's not going to happen.  Step away from the bong.

skbroker's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-06-16

I guess you are one of those leeches that builds your book on other brokers leaving.  We have one of thoses in my office as well.  He works 4 hours a day just like you and first one in the managers office when a broker leaves.  I guess when you are too lazy to build your own book its a great way.  Its almost as good as inheriting a book whe you start.  LOL   Let me guess you been in the bus for 15 years and doing 250g.  you dont have to reply.  

troll's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-29

skbroker wrote:

I guess you are one of those leeches that builds your book on other brokers leaving.  We have one of thoses in my office as well.  He works 4 hours a day just like you and first one in the managers office when a broker leaves.  I guess when you are too lazy to build your own book its a great way.  Its almost as good as inheriting a book whe you start.  LOL   Let me guess you been in the bus for 15 years and doing 250g.  you dont have to reply.  

You have a crappy attitude and compose sentences like a fifth grader.

BILLYBOB's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-09-09

Amen, Joe.

skbroker's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-06-16

I guess Billybob is your boyfriend.  This fifth grader does 600k a year in 6 year in service and what do you do?  I guess I was right about the leech. 

troll's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-29

skbroker wrote:I guess Billybob is your boyfriend.  This fifth grader does 600k a year in 6 year in service and what do you do?  I guess I was right about the leech. 

It's so cool how on the internet you can be anyone you want to be.....

troll's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-29

skbroker wrote:

I guess you are one of those leeches that builds your book on other brokers leaving.  We have one of thoses in my office as well.  He works 4 hours a day just like you and first one in the managers office when a broker leaves.  I guess when you are too lazy to build your own book its a great way.  Its almost as good as inheriting a book whe you start.  LOL   Let me guess you been in the bus for 15 years and doing 250g.  you dont have to reply.  

 
And you're one of those rumor mongers that post complete Bull$hit predictions about firms in order to get a rise.  You're nothing but a third rate c0ckholster.

skbroker's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-06-16

Isn't life great working for A.G.  You work 4 hours a day, produce 10g month, get a paycheck because of the buyout, and get to post your wise advice to feel important.  Don't forget 20 percent payout on first 10g with wachovia so you might want to ask around your office and see who is leaving the firm.  You might get few annuity clients from those who are leaving where you can do 1035 in 3 years from now.  Have you ever thought about cold calling?  LOL 
 
From no response on production
Hmm.  175g and in 17 years in service.  nailed it 

troll's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-29

skbroker wrote:I guess Billybob is your boyfriend.  This fifth grader does 600k a year in 6 year in service and what do you do?  I guess I was right about the leech. 
I thought I told you to STEP AWAY FROM THE BONG.  No need to share your pipe dreams with us, we really know you're some acne faced teenager getting his kicks.  Go back to facebook and stop pretending to be something you are not.  Oh and by the way, if you're going to pretend, at least try to get your production numbers up to mine...

skbroker's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-06-16

Ferris,
Come down dude.  nobody died.  are you wach exec? 
What's a cockholster?

troll's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-29

skbroker wrote:

Isn't life great working for A.G.  You work 4 hours a day, produce 10g month, get a paycheck because of the buyout, and get to post your wise advice to feel important.  Don't forget 20 percent payout on first 10g with wachovia so you might want to ask around your office and see who is leaving the firm.  You might get few annuity clients from those who are leaving where you can do 1035 in 3 years from now.  Have you ever thought about cold calling?  LOL 
 
From no response on production
Hmm.  175g and in 17 years in service.  nailed it 

 
Dear Teendramaqueen:
 
I'll do Chairmans council this year.  Isn't it past your bedtime?

troll's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-29

Ferris Bueller wrote:skbroker wrote:

Isn't life great working for A.G.  You work 4 hours a day, produce 10g month, get a paycheck because of the buyout, and get to post your wise advice to feel important.  Don't forget 20 percent payout on first 10g with wachovia so you might want to ask around your office and see who is leaving the firm.  You might get few annuity clients from those who are leaving where you can do 1035 in 3 years from now.  Have you ever thought about cold calling?  LOL 
 
From no response on production
Hmm.  175g and in 17 years in service.  nailed it 

 
Dear Teendramaqueen:
 
I'll do Chairmans council this year.  Isn't it past your bedtime?LOL...hey Ferris, maybe now you understand why some of us showed up with guns blazing when you made your presence known.  But, you turned out to be pretty cool and smart...I was most certainly wrong.I don't hold out the same hope for this piker.What is Chairman's nowadays at AGE?  I've been gone a while.  Petey "Sellout" Miller was my regional director.

JCadieux's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-01-23

Baller wrote:That's the best you've got?  Why do you even bother posting here, besides the obvious reason.Sorry, but I won't share specifics.  My work is confidential.As to why I bother, I often wonder about that myself.  I used to spend a lot of time giving advice to rookies on this forum on how to get their careers started. Virtually all of the work was out of our scope and was done just for good PR.All of the decent posters have either vanished or been drowned out.  This forum does nothing to help The Rep's credibility.  They should just shut the thing down.

Baller's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-06-06

JCadieux wrote: Baller wrote:That's the best you've got?  Why do you even bother posting here, besides the obvious reason.Sorry, but I won't share specifics.  My work is confidential.As to why I bother, I often wonder about that myself.  I used to spend a lot of time giving advice to rookies on this forum on how to get their careers started. Virtually all of the work was out of our scope and was done just for good PR.All of the decent posters have either vanished or been drowned out.  This forum does nothing to help The Rep's credibility.  They should just shut the thing down.
 
Sorry that this forum doesn't help your prospecting efforts.  Please don't post here anymore.  Seriously.  No need to reply, we'll just assume you've complied.

JCadieux's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-01-23

Baller wrote:JCadieux wrote: Baller wrote:That's the best you've got?  Why do you even bother posting here, besides the obvious reason.Sorry, but I won't share specifics.  My work is confidential.As to why I bother, I often wonder about that myself.  I used to spend a lot of time giving advice to rookies on this forum on how to get their careers started. Virtually all of the work was out of our scope and was done just for good PR.All of the decent posters have either vanished or been drowned out.  This forum does nothing to help The Rep's credibility.  They should just shut the thing down.
 
Sorry that this forum doesn't help your prospecting efforts.  Please don't post here anymore.  Seriously.  No need to reply, we'll just assume you've complied.I never said that I posted here as a prospecting tool.  You obviously haven't paid attention to my other posts.I'm just saying that this used to be a useful forum.  Now it's pretty ridiculous.

Baller's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-06-06

I did pay attention to your other very useless posts.
You said in your last post that you had posted previously "just for good PR.", which is getting the word out of your firm and what you do.  That, young man, is prospecting.
Sorry to hear that you feel the forum is "pretty ridiculous."  How many ways do I have to say it:  GET LOST
 

blarmston's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-02-26

Baller,
Take it easy on JCadieux. In previous posts he has provided some useful postings and help to those on this forum... And I would agree that the level on dialogue on this site has diminished in recent months...

Baller's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-06-06

blarmston wrote: In previous posts he has provided some useful postings and help to those on this forum...QUOTE]
Can you please provide a link to these useful postings?  I did a search and failed to find any.

troll's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-29

Baller wrote:blarmston wrote: In previous posts he has provided some useful postings and help to those on this forum...QUOTE]
Can you please provide a link to these useful postings?  I did a search and failed to find any.Maybe you should look harder.

FreedomLvr's picture
Offline
Joined: 2006-02-10

Baller, Jeff has been one of the best posters for as long as I've been on Regrep.  Very professional, useful advice without compromising his business.  Definitely provided more useful info in his tenure than you have.

troll's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-29

Baller wrote:JCadieux wrote: Baller wrote:That's the best you've got?  Why do you even bother posting here, besides the obvious reason.Sorry, but I won't share specifics.  My work is confidential.As to why I bother, I often wonder about that myself.  I used to spend a lot of time giving advice to rookies on this forum on how to get their careers started. Virtually all of the work was out of our scope and was done just for good PR.All of the decent posters have either vanished or been drowned out.  This forum does nothing to help The Rep's credibility.  They should just shut the thing down.
 
Sorry that this forum doesn't help your prospecting efforts.  Please don't post here anymore.  Seriously.  No need to reply, we'll just assume you've complied.If Jeff provided specifics about his dealings with advisers, potential clients might be reluctant to work with him out of fear for their confidentiality.  So I can see why he would not be willing to respond to your request.

Baller's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-06-06

Who's asking for specifics?  I have lots more respect for iwork4you based on his reply.  At least now I don't think he's lying about his placements.  And all he said was that he has a one each week for the next few weeks.  Much more informative than "Yes, there is movement out there."

pghkid's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-03-27

Ever since "Baller" has posted on this site, he has done nothing but bash anyone and anything he doesn't agree with.  He claims to be a BM, wouldn't you love to work under this guy?  This site was definitely better without him.  Now he says he respects iwork4you after bashing him before - it's only because he is now taking time to rag on another poster.  Class act. 
Do us a favor, let any of the recruiters out there know who you are so that they can avoid recruiting you.

Baller's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-06-06

I am not a BM, nor ever claimed to be.  Thanks for your interest.

FreedomLvr's picture
Offline
Joined: 2006-02-10

BallerGroupieJoined: June 06 2007Posts: 64

Sent: June 26 2007 at 1:46pm

My tenure here goes far beyond your 2006 initiation, newbie, so dont be concerned with that.  I was here in 99 when this forum was with intertec.com with much more informative people like Pedro, The Judge, and Hutch.
So don't lecture me about something you haven't a clue.
I might be newer to this site than you claim to be, but at least I have the guts to post in public instead of a PM.  My posts are also not ignorant bashing.  Add some value.

Baller's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-06-06

I thought I would save you the public humiliation, something you obviously didn't seem to mind.

troll's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-29

FreedomLvr wrote:

BallerGroupieJoined: June 06 2007Posts: 64

Sent: June 26 2007 at 1:46pm

My tenure here goes far beyond your 2006 initiation, newbie, so dont be concerned with that.  I was here in 99 when this forum was with intertec.com with much more informative people like Pedro, The Judge, and Hutch.
So don't lecture me about something you haven't a clue.
I might be newer to this site than you claim to be, but at least I have the guts to post in public instead of a PM.  My posts are also not ignorant bashing.  Add some value.

If I remember correctly, Pedro was in a gang.

troll's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-29

FreedomLvr = OWNED

Indyone's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-05-30

I don't care what your tenure is, your name and your actions (such as posting the picture with the donut comment) scream junior high locker room sh*t.  The sparring is occasionaly amusing, but you have no clue when to quit.  Grow up and post something useful.

blarmston's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-02-26

I agree... Baller is quickly attaining douchebag status... One can hope that he doesnt earn it but the smart money suggests that he will...

troll's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-29

blarmston wrote:I agree... Baller is quickly attaining douchebag status... One can hope that he doesnt earn it but the smart money suggests that he will...
If anyone is qualified to award the designation, you are.

Please or Register to post comments.

Industry Newsletters
Investment Category Sponsor Links

 

Careers Category Sponsor Links

Sponsored Introduction Continue on to (or wait seconds) ×