Skip navigation

@ MER LOS 6 Years $600k Good?

or Register to post new content in the forum

22 RepliesJump to last post

Comments

• Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Apr 30, 2008 11:37 pm

I work at Mer.  I’m LOS 6 1/2 years.  My production is annualized at $600k

For some reason "I get no respect." (Rodney Dangerfield said it right)   What's the problem here?  Is my level of production good for my LOS?   When I speak about respect I am reffering to resources as allocated by management...we all know what that means...inhertited accts., support....yada yada yada.   Does anyone have any comments?  Is it me (a jerk??) or is it branch management?   Should I look elsewhere where I'm a big fish in a smaller pond?   Whats the deal here?   Thanks!    
May 1, 2008 1:17 am

You ever think about asking management?

May 1, 2008 1:26 am
When I speak about respect I am reffering to resources as allocated by management...we all know what that means...inhertited accts., support....yada yada yada.   What are the LOS and production levels of those who do receive "respect"?
May 1, 2008 1:34 am

of course…I have had multiple managers and have noticed a common trait. 

Generally speaking.....they yes you to death, promise the world, never follow through.  They do their best to put out the fire, by offering empty promises then hope you don't ask them again....   If you do they get machivellian on your arse.....(intimidation).   My first thought is this type of circle talk or avodism by managment has to do with my ranking in the pecking order.......I don't know.   This is why I ask if $600k etc....is good.   Maybe I answered my own question.
May 1, 2008 1:35 am

average production is $800k plus in the office

May 1, 2008 1:48 am

Let me try again.  You say you are not being treated as well as others.  If they have higher production and longer LOS, this can be normal.  Your BM will reward successful vets quicker than successful rookies (although 6 yrs and $600m doesn’t really make you a rookie anymore.)  Unless your BM is going out of his way to make your life difficult, keep your head down and continue doing what you are doing and you will get your “respect” when it is your turn.  BTW yes, $600m is good at the 6 yr mark.

May 1, 2008 1:56 am

Thats good advice.  I appreciate it. 

Its easy to get distracted.  I think avoid the noise, and keep on trucking is the only cure for this type of concern. Thanks again.  Good to see its normal and I'm not the "jerk"  
May 1, 2008 2:09 am

Glad to help.

May 1, 2008 2:11 am

Thats good advice.  I appreciate it. 

Its easy to get distracted.  I think avoid the noise, and keep on trucking is the only cure for this type of concern. Thanks again.  Good to see its normal and I'm not the "jerk"
May 1, 2008 4:20 pm

Your LOS and 600k is pretty good. I think you are in a good place. It’s nice to be around the bigger producers because it really steps up your game. I have a $2m producer in my office, and he’s more than willing to give back and mentor as long as he has a moment. My BM is the same way. I get the “yes” way too much, and then no follow through, so I just go over his head when it really matters. I get quick responses then.

May 2, 2008 2:04 am

Rule of thumb:  100k production per year of LOS.  You’re close, but managers look at this as a benchmark.

FR
May 2, 2008 2:38 am

Call the local MS and SB managers.  With the trajectory you are on they will fall all over themselves to court you.  Ask for 2.5X T12, a big office, and a good SA and you’ll probably get it. 

May 2, 2008 9:29 pm

It’s ashame that I would have to leave my branch to get some attention. 

I think most managers are short sighted and don't care about future growth potential (trajection). 
May 3, 2008 12:48 pm

I think you’re doing fine. And I think perhaps you know it too. Maybe you have a poor BM, or a highly competitive office. Or maybe you are expecting more out of your business relationships than is reasonable.

Either way, you've got a solid practice started, making $250k/year which is likely to double in 5 years. Great job! Life is good. Relax and enjoy.  
May 3, 2008 1:21 pm

go indy with those numbers and you have it made. no dumb ass managers to fool with. my biggest satisfaction in going indy besides the $$ is not having to deal with the incompetent revolving door management. Man! am I glad I’m done with that.

May 4, 2008 1:05 pm
'I think you're doing fine. And I think perhaps you know it too. Maybe you have a poor BM, or a highly competitive office. Or maybe you are expecting more out of your business relationships than is reasonable.  Either way, you've got a solid practice started, making $250k/year which is likely to double in 5 years. Great job! Life is good. Relax and enjoy."   Thanks for the reassurance.  The office is highly competetive.  This is the kind of honest straight forward advice I would like to hear from managment.     
May 13, 2008 4:47 am

What exactly are you asking for that you are not getting?

May 13, 2008 12:52 pm

A hug   

May 13, 2008 10:44 pm

A hug would be nice…But unrealistic.

There is no communication what so ever.  Resources ( i won't get into details) have been unfairly despersed to brokers with the same or less revenue than me. Most interactions I have coincide with a lie or circle talk. Maybe some of this is in my head (paranoia) , other gripes are tangible (resources as mentioned above). I'm just not sure where I stand.  
May 14, 2008 2:04 am

Yeah, I was just kidding. Sounds like a combo of paranoia and not being part of the “in” crowd.