Skip navigation

Large Producers Going 100% Hedge Fund

or Register to post new content in the forum

Comments

• Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Jan 28, 2006 1:35 pm

2 weeks ago, a father-son team who produced approximately $2.5M last year left the Wachovia (WB:NYSE) Park Avenue office to pursue 100% independence and become masters of their own destiny. They are in the process of setting up a hedge fund.

I realize 95% plus of the registered reps who post on this forum are in no position to do this given their lack of tenure in the securities business, work ethic (easier to remain a wirehouse slave), risk/reward mentality (safer to remain a wirehouse slave).

Do the other 5% who post over here (those capable of starting their own hedge funds) have plans to do so anytime soon? If so, why? Who do you plan to choose as your prime broker? Why?

Jan 28, 2006 3:47 pm

[quote=ymh_ymh_ymh]

2 weeks ago, a father-son team who produced
approximately $2.5M last year left the Wachovia (WB:NYSE) Park Avenue
office to pursue 100% independence and become masters of their own
destiny. They are in the process of setting up a hedge fund.

I realize 95% plus of the registered reps who post on this forum are in no position to do this given their lack of tenure in the securities business, work ethic (easier to remain a wirehouse slave), risk/reward mentality (safer to remain a wirehouse slave).

Do the other 5% who post over here (those capable of starting their own hedge funds) have plans to do so anytime soon? If so, why? Who do you plan to choose as your prime broker? Why?

[/quote]

Go away.
Jan 28, 2006 4:32 pm

[quote=ymh_ymh_ymh]

2 weeks ago, a father-son team who produced approximately $2.5M last year left the Wachovia (WB:NYSE) Park Avenue office to pursue 100% independence and become masters of their own destiny. They are in the process of setting up a hedge fund.

[/quote]

Yes. I'm starting one tonight.

Jan 28, 2006 4:58 pm

I’ve thought about it and if I did, I’d probably start with Cub Cadet, Lawn Boy, Snapper and Yazoo…have to study the issue awhile to see what else will make the cut…don’t want to get mowed down and have to trim my holdings…

Jan 28, 2006 5:07 pm

[quote=Indyone]I've thought about it and if I did, I'd probably start with Cub Cadet, Lawn Boy, Snapper and Yazoo...have to study the issue awhile to see what else will make the cut...don't want to get mowed down and have to trim my holdings...[/quote]

"Snapper"? "Trim"? Interesting choice of words.

Jan 28, 2006 5:57 pm

[quote=Indyone]I've thought about it and if I did, I'd probably start with Cub Cadet, Lawn Boy, Snapper and Yazoo...have to study the issue awhile to see what else will make the cut...don't want to get mowed down and have to trim my holdings...[/quote]

Deere RAWKS!

Jan 28, 2006 10:29 pm

Just like I said—“no guts, no glory” from the peanut gallery! Easier and safer to peddle house mutual funds or variable annuities to mother-in-law and her friends!

Jan 28, 2006 11:01 pm

[quote=ymh_ymh_ymh]Just like I said---"no guts, no glory" from the peanut gallery! Easier and safer to peddle house mutual funds or variable annuities to mother-in-law and her friends![/quote]

Nice one there trying to throw out the snide little insults......You wouldn't be asking the question because you're working for one of those prime brokers and are desparately trying to drum up some new business before they send you down to work in the mailroom?  NAAWWWWWWWW, not that!

Why don't you go back to puffing up JEF stock like you were before....

You're so transparent.

Jan 29, 2006 3:34 am

[quote=ymh_ymh_ymh]Just like I said---"no guts, no glory" from the peanut gallery! Easier and safer to peddle house mutual funds or variable annuities to mother-in-law and her friends![/quote]

You said no such thing.  Pray tell, when does YOUR hedge fund open up?!!