I just don't get it?

72 replies [Last post]
advisorman's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-12-14

Roadhard,
 
Sorry that Brian had an opinion. So how was that an attack? He said "many of you". I never saw the name Roadhard anywhere. Maybe you are not one of the many he was talking about. Maybe your one of the smart ones that had a real good reason but instead of saying "Brian I disagree with you" you said "Welcome Brian--Kool aid kid, welcome to the woodshed!  Spiff> have a great weekend!"
 
What an intelligent way to respond to the question. With so many good ways to have a real conversation this is your response. Now you know why so many really hate the way these topics are turn into crap where people actually are afraid to say anything without someone calling them a troll or a kool-aid drinker.

compliancejerk's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-12-03

advisorman wrote:Roadhard,
 
Sorry that Brian had an opinion. So how was that an attack? He said "many of you". I never saw the name Roadhard anywhere. Maybe you are not one of the many he was talking about. Maybe your one of the smart ones that had a real good reason but instead of saying "Brian I disagree with you" you said "Welcome Brian--Kool aid kid, welcome to the woodshed!  Spiff> have a great weekend!"
 
What an intelligent way to respond to the question. With so many good ways to have a real conversation this is your response. Now you know why so many really hate the way these topics are turn into crap where people actually are afraid to say anything without someone calling them a troll or a kool-aid drinker.
 
boy your sure have an answer for evrybody doncha?

Roadhard's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-02-23

Spaceman Spiff wrote:Man, Brian, do you always walk right up to that hornet's nest and smack it as hard as you can? 
 
Spiff's one of your guys right?
 
My post followed Spiff's and I said welcome to the Woodshed (The Forum).  Now for some information:  Because I was at Jones for 15 years--I'm sure you would have to agree that I have many more years at the place than you--not all of us hate the place--I left for reasons already on this post--I still have friends that work there--but you assume that we hate the place just because we left. 
 
Speaking of Spiff, he is respected by most of us on this post because he knows how to conduct himself on here and he is a good representative of Edward Jones--he has thick skin and knows how to send the crap back to those of us who deserve it!!!  I will go to confession later.

Brian1960's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-12-13

Whatever

Indyone's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-05-30

Brian1960 wrote:I've never written to this forum before but have read the messages for awhile and finally decided to say something.
 
It seems like there are many people that bash Edward Jones because they are no longer there. Many of you would have never been given the chance to be in this industry if it weren't for them giving you the training you received.
 
I think many of you can't accept the fact that you made a mistake leaving so you try to justify it to yourself by trying to convince others that Edward Jones is some how an inferior company. I am a guy that spent my first 12 years in the industry with AGE and Indy and have been a Jones for 7 years now and the only regret I have is that I didn't do it sooner. I work less, make more, have great benefits, a BOA that I love, and take two fantastic trips a year. I could not be happier than I am now. I know some of you will try to prove I am wrong and how much better you have it wherever you are but I've been there and know for a fact that Edward Jones is my last stop until I retire.
 
For those of you that feel different, that's fine but I  don't make a constant effort to discredit who you work for, so let it go and let's use this forum for the good that it could be.
 
Hey, congratulations on finding a home you love.  As an independent, I have an equally hard time understanding why you like Jones so much.  I've been recruited there several times and out of curiosity, took a look once before I went indy.  Work less and make more?  In the days of 90%+ indy payouts, that math just doesn't make sense.  Great benefits?  Sure, I probably pay more for heath insurance, but I'll put over 30K in my solo(K) this year and can invest it in almost anything imagineable (anything that will fit in an LPL brokerage account).  I have Thursdays off in the summer and take as many vacation days as I want.  Great BOA?  My assistant came with me and if anything, is more dedicated now than when I was an employee.  Two trips a year?  I go to a quality national each summer (last summer was in Boston and had keynote speakers such as former president George Bush and music by Chicago and members of the Eagles.  The year before, it was San Diego, Tom Brokaw, Kool & the Gang and Kenny Loggins).  I get great LEARNING sessions (not pep sessions) that often are also continuing education credit for insurance, CPA and CFP licenses.  I'm not quite big enough for the second company trip, but with the extra 30% (about $100K this year) I make over my captive days, I can take several nice trips to where I want to go, and when I want to go.
 
Beyond that, I have greater product availability, better technology and more freedom.  I'm equally convinced that I will retire as an independent and am just as baffled as you are...although admittedly about different things.  You are in a decided minority that have tasted true freedom and choose to return to captivity.  I'm glad you're happy...really...I am.

troll's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-29

advisorman wrote:FreeFromJones wrote:
advidsorman,
    Man you are falling on your sword here for nothing. 
 I list quotes from Brian "I think many of you can't accept the fact that you made a mistake leaving so you try to justify it to yourself by trying to convince others that Edward Jones is some how an inferior company."
and "I am used to dealing with professionals and I have to say it surprises me that there are so many people on this forum that chose to act like 4 year olds."
 
and "I am also starting to think these are people that couldn't make it at Edward Jones so they discourage others from working there."
 
Talk about calling people names and pointing fingers and saying someone is a loser because he or she chooses to leave a firm that you happen to LOVE (for now, that is).  Brian is just like every other Jonser who posts here that wants to bash us for leaving, but takes offense, like you do, if we bash back.
 
It's all about where you feel comfortable working and believe that you are doing what is right for your customers, yourself and your family.
 
This guy pushed first and got pushed back, so lighten up and grow some thicker skins or you'll never be able to take all of the rejection you'll get as a Jones Door Knocker.
 
So Brian, and advisorman, you stepped in it so now you've got to smell it.
 
I read the same messages and all Brian asked is why and the first thing you guys hit him with is being a loser. That is not pushing back that is called attacking.
 
What gets me is if he does it he is pushing you around. If you guys do it everything is fine. I challenge anyone to read this topic and tell me Brain started this crap. You guys just must be paranoid.
 
He was not giving you a hard time he just asked for you to back off and explain why. The minute I come in and say the same thing you guys call me a troll. There are many people on this forum that have sent me private messages telling me to keep up the heat for many are really tired of your snide remarks and hate messages. Advisorman- Brian did start this crap.  As many know I'm a long time active forum participant.  I had a reaction to this thread right from the start but I've been busy, so I decided to sit back and let it develop whilst I got some work done.My initial reaction stands-Brian may have been factually correct with some of his comments, but he's also pretty dam self-righteous.  Some folks may have been less than professional in their responses, but he's been pretty arrogant.Hey look, if he's really that happy, great.  But when he starts demeaning those who don't see it his way, or suggesting that folks who left Jones are generally failing and can't get back in, he's a fool if he doesn't expect a response.There are HUGE differences between him and Spiff.  HUGE.  For one, I like Spiffy.....

advisorman's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-12-14

joedabrkr wrote: advisorman wrote:FreeFromJones wrote:
advidsorman,
    Man you are falling on your sword here for nothing. 
 I list quotes from Brian "I think many of you can't accept the fact that you made a mistake leaving so you try to justify it to yourself by trying to convince others that Edward Jones is some how an inferior company."
and "I am used to dealing with professionals and I have to say it surprises me that there are so many people on this forum that chose to act like 4 year olds."
 
and "I am also starting to think these are people that couldn't make it at Edward Jones so they discourage others from working there."
 
Talk about calling people names and pointing fingers and saying someone is a loser because he or she chooses to leave a firm that you happen to LOVE (for now, that is).  Brian is just like every other Jonser who posts here that wants to bash us for leaving, but takes offense, like you do, if we bash back.
 
It's all about where you feel comfortable working and believe that you are doing what is right for your customers, yourself and your family.
 
This guy pushed first and got pushed back, so lighten up and grow some thicker skins or you'll never be able to take all of the rejection you'll get as a Jones Door Knocker.
 
So Brian, and advisorman, you stepped in it so now you've got to smell it.
 
I read the same messages and all Brian asked is why and the first thing you guys hit him with is being a loser. That is not pushing back that is called attacking.
 
What gets me is if he does it he is pushing you around. If you guys do it everything is fine. I challenge anyone to read this topic and tell me Brain started this crap. You guys just must be paranoid.
 
He was not giving you a hard time he just asked for you to back off and explain why. The minute I come in and say the same thing you guys call me a troll. There are many people on this forum that have sent me private messages telling me to keep up the heat for many are really tired of your snide remarks and hate messages. Advisorman- Brian did start this crap.  As many know I'm a long time active forum participant.  I had a reaction to this thread right from the start but I've been busy, so I decided to sit back and let it develop whilst I got some work done.My initial reaction stands-Brian may have been factually correct with some of his comments, but he's also pretty dam self-righteous.  Some folks may have been less than professional in their responses, but he's been pretty arrogant.Hey look, if he's really that happy, great.  But when he starts demeaning those who don't see it his way, or suggesting that folks who left Jones are generally failing and can't get back in, he's a fool if he doesn't expect a response.There are HUGE differences between him and Spiff.  HUGE.  For one, I like Spiffy.....
 
I have been reading this forum for quite a while and Brian's comments were in direct response to all the people out there that attack everyone that works for Edward Jones or even says something positive about the firm. Compliancejerk actually followed every comment I made and tried to trash it yesterday. In the real world this would be a hate crime. Also you Indy guys (and I mean some not all) take the cake for being self-righteous. I think it great that you guys are Indy and if you ever read my comments I say that but in return I am called a loser, a liar and a kool-aid drinker.
 
You must agree that there is a small group out there that have decided to RUN this forum by intimidation and by treating Edward Jones people like crap. It really has run off many people that could really be helping. So again this did not start with Brian's question and unfortunately it will not end either. All I am asking is we need to let everyone talk and state their question or opinion without being attacked for who they work for.

MISS JONES's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-08-28

Advisorman- Brian and whomever this applies..
 
I think the key to the EDJ bashers is to just not give a shit what they say. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and I have just decided that it isn't going to change the way I look at my firm. I know that everyone walks away from an experience with a different vantage point. I couldn't care less if eveyone on this board hated EDJ. Their views and opinions don't effect me!
 
Try and not let it bother you. Who cares what Compliance Jerk says.. He was a jerk to me not so long ago and then we PM'ed back and forth and have no issues now.. He is after all a self proclaimed JERK! You know what you are getting when a guy lists his screen name like that.. He used to work at Jones and has issues with them.. Guess what? He is entitled to them.. - Like I said before.. Who cares? I sure don't!
 
Miss J

compliancejerk's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-12-03

thank you Miss Jones (I really mean it)
Yep I'm a Compliance Jerk I admit it.
Yes I have a grudge against your employer.
I also have a problem with people blindly following others. Look what it got Mrs. Jim Jones!!
quote from  Advisorman, " Also you Indy guys (and I mean some not all) take the cake for being self-righteous."  Talk about the pot calling the kettle black ... an Jonestown inhabitant calling others self-righteous. 
 
Advisorman....yep you're a legend in your own mind.  Your are a newbie poster with 41 posts and the people that run this forum provide a wonderful search tool to search by topic or poster ..... how simple is that?

troll's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-29

compliancejerk wrote:thank you Miss Jones (I really mean it)
Yep I'm a Compliance Jerk I admit it.
Yes I have a grudge against your employer.
I also have a problem with people blindly following others. Look what it got Mrs. Jim Jones!!
quote from  Advisorman, " Also you Indy guys (and I mean some not all) take the cake for being self-righteous."  Talk about the pot calling the kettle black ... an Jonestown inhabitant calling others self-righteous. 
 
Advisorman....yep you're a legend in your own mind.  Your are a newbie poster with 41 posts and the people that run this forum provide a wonderful search tool to search by topic or poster ..... how simple is that?So you're presuming because he has 41 posts under this name that he's a newbie poster?

advisorman's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-12-14

MISS JONES wrote:Advisorman- Brian and whomever this applies..
 
I think the key to the EDJ bashers is to just not give a shit what they say. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and I have just decided that it isn't going to change the way I look at my firm. I know that everyone walks away from an experience with a different vantage point. I couldn't care less if eveyone on this board hated EDJ. Their views and opinions don't effect me!
 
Try and not let it bother you. Who cares what Compliance Jerk says.. He was a jerk to me not so long ago and then we PM'ed back and forth and have no issues now.. He is after all a self proclaimed JERK! You know what you are getting when a guy lists his screen name like that.. He used to work at Jones and has issues with them.. Guess what? He is entitled to them.. - Like I said before.. Who cares? I sure don't!
 
Miss J
 
Miss Jones,
 
I agree there is nothing I am going to say that is going to change their behavior but as they run more people off the forum with their "Hate" and "Belittle" message I think we have to at least say stop. I would really respect their opinion and if done with respect for others I do. I think the ones that have gone Indy are great. I have been self employed most of my life and it has many benefits but there are also benefits working at Edward Jones too. I will do what I can to not respond to jerks but I am not going to let them run new people off just because they work for Edward Jones.

FreeFromJones's picture
Offline
Joined: 2006-11-29

These posts sound a lot like, what was her name, Nancy, or something like that.  All about hate and bullies and how our opinions belittle others.  Advisorman, when someone calls us losers for leaving the cult, we have the right to defend ourselves.  I guess someone calling us losers isn't hate speech.  You sound like a typical liberal, if you disagree with me that's your choice, but if I disagree with you then I'm being hateful and close-minded. 42 posts in 4 days = 10 per day.  You really need to be working and making sales so you can get paid 38% because if you don't you'll end up on goals and then we know where you'll be.  Go back to work and stop trying to defend someone who walked into the fray.  If Brian is in fact a long time reader, he knows what types of responses he would get, because they've been posted before.  Maybe Brian is bspears and just wanted to get the fur flying again. Bspears, shame on you for having fun at other peoples expense.  I feel better now, goodbye!!

compliancejerk's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-12-03

advisorman wrote:MISS JONES wrote:Advisorman- Brian and whomever this applies..
 
I think the key to the EDJ bashers is to just not give a shit what they say. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and I have just decided that it isn't going to change the way I look at my firm. I know that everyone walks away from an experience with a different vantage point. I couldn't care less if eveyone on this board hated EDJ. Their views and opinions don't effect me!
 
Try and not let it bother you. Who cares what Compliance Jerk says.. He was a jerk to me not so long ago and then we PM'ed back and forth and have no issues now.. He is after all a self proclaimed JERK! You know what you are getting when a guy lists his screen name like that.. He used to work at Jones and has issues with them.. Guess what? He is entitled to them.. - Like I said before.. Who cares? I sure don't!
 
Miss J
 
Miss Jones,
 
I agree there is nothing I am going to say that is going to change their behavior but as they run more people off the forum with their "Hate" and "Belittle" message I think we have to at least say stop. I would really respect their opinion and if done with respect for others I do. I think the ones that have gone Indy are great. I have been self employed most of my life and it has many benefits but there are also benefits working at Edward Jones too. I will do what I can to not respond to jerks but I am not going to let them run new people off just because they work for Edward Jones.
 

bspears's picture
Offline
Joined: 2006-11-08

Hey..now wait.  I have no horse in this race.  I run under one name and one name only...BSPEARS (the great)...I could go on and on and on about the whole righteousness issue but choose not to...to busy with other things.  I can only add..Jones sucks............................................................................................................................IMHO

FreeFromJones's picture
Offline
Joined: 2006-11-29

compliancejerk wrote:advisorman wrote:MISS JONES wrote:Advisorman- Brian and whomever this applies..
 
I think the key to the EDJ bashers is to just not give a shit what they say. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and I have just decided that it isn't going to change the way I look at my firm. I know that everyone walks away from an experience with a different vantage point. I couldn't care less if eveyone on this board hated EDJ. Their views and opinions don't effect me!
 
Try and not let it bother you. Who cares what Compliance Jerk says.. He was a jerk to me not so long ago and then we PM'ed back and forth and have no issues now.. He is after all a self proclaimed JERK! You know what you are getting when a guy lists his screen name like that.. He used to work at Jones and has issues with them.. Guess what? He is entitled to them.. - Like I said before.. Who cares? I sure don't!
 
Miss J
 
Miss Jones,
 
I agree there is nothing I am going to say that is going to change their behavior but as they run more people off the forum with their "Hate" and "Belittle" message I think we have to at least say stop. I would really respect their opinion and if done with respect for others I do. I think the ones that have gone Indy are great. I have been self employed most of my life and it has many benefits but there are also benefits working at Edward Jones too. I will do what I can to not respond to jerks but I am not going to let them run new people off just because they work for Edward Jones.
 

 
 

doneWjones's picture
Offline
Joined: 2006-12-17

Advisorman- 
No one is running anyone off, but when someone such as yourself gets on here and starts spreading their regergitated BS, they are going to get called out and taken to task over it.
 
I am indy, but I don't start a post proclaiming how being indy is the best and if you choose to do it another way such as Jones, wire, bank, etc you wouldn't or couldn't  cut it as Indy anyway. --- you see that is obserd!
 
If I did say that I would get taken to task the same way you have been taken to task here.
And, If spears, Indyone, joe, etc came in and tried to defend me, they would get taken to the woodshed as well.
 
Alot of us (Jones and ex-jones alike) poke each other.  Take Spiff for example, we probably disagree on alot as it involves jones, which I might add is mostly a matter of opinion. - (I am sure there is a thread on here somewhere of us going at it a time or two) Spiff is still at jones and defends them for the most part where warranted, but when something is truly crap he does not touch it, let alone defend it.   In fact that seems evident in his lack of posting on this particular topic, but I don't want to put words in his mouth, so spiff, please pipe up if I am wrong.
 
You see when you keep regergitating the same crap that myself and everyone who was at jones before you heard at every regional meeting/pow wow regarding how good the koolaid is and how those that left "just couldn't make it at jones" which is what my regional leader and his cronies said about every broker that left to go elsewhere, including the segment 4 guy that was in a leadership position in our region at the time he left; you lose all credibility and moreso look like the village idiot.
 
Have a great day.

chaz's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-08-18

It seems to me that a logical person would work at an employer when their marginal benefit exceeded their marginal cost. 
 
As long as you are getting more out of your employer than your employer is getting out of you, you should be happy.
 
Of course, some people are just ignorant. They assume that everything in life is one size fits all; that all decisions are black and white. What is best for one person is ultimately  best for everybody.  Peoples decisions are based on logic, although logical reasoning is subjective.
 
Some advisors put every client into the same product. One size fits all. Is anybody who does differently wrong?
 
Some people are naive and it causes them to stereotype an entire race, industry, or company.
 
Arguing ones point serves one or both of two basic end desires: to strengthen ones view or to change someone elses.  To some, it is only possible to confirm their own decisions by getting others to agree with them.
 
It appears that the topic of EJ is therapeutic for some.
 
 

Brian1960's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-12-13

I can't believe anyone would say I'm arrogant. I am one of the nicest guys I know. If you don't believe me ask my mom, wife, kids, and dog. They all think I am great!
 
Merry Christmas
Brian.

Roadhard's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-02-23

Merry Christmas to you Brian and your family!  That being said--if your purpose was to start your first post going on the attack--congrats, you did it!  I'm glad you are happy at Edward Jones,  I was there a long time--I'm happy that I left and you and advisorman are happy you are there.  See we are all happy! 
 
 

bspears's picture
Offline
Joined: 2006-11-08

ME         Jones

troll's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-29

Roadhard wrote:Merry Christmas to you Brian and your family!  That being said--if your purpose was to start your first post going on the attack--congrats, you did it!  I'm glad you are happy at Edward Jones,  I was there a long time--I'm happy that I left and you and advisorman are happy you are there.  See we are all happy! 
 
 So is that like getting a happy ending?

Brian1960's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-12-13

joedabrkr wrote: Roadhard wrote:Merry Christmas to you Brian and your family!  That being said--if your purpose was to start your first post going on the attack--congrats, you did it!  I'm glad you are happy at Edward Jones,  I was there a long time--I'm happy that I left and you and advisorman are happy you are there.  See we are all happy! 
 
 So is that like getting a happy ending?
 
That's good enough for me!
But believe it or not my intentions weren't too start a big conflict and I guess I should have left the part out, about people that didn't make it at Jones. That's hindsight and now I know.
 
Sorry to anyone I offended.
Brian

Please or Register to post comments.

Industry Newsletters
Investment Category Sponsor Links

 

Careers Category Sponsor Links

Sponsored Introduction Continue on to (or wait seconds) ×