EJ wins JD Power Cust Sat Award

149 replies [Last post]
BigPayDay's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-01-10

Where did I call Sooth a liar?

BigPayDay's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-01-10

Cat got your toungue, Starka?

BigPayDay's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-01-10

Maybe it's time to go the way of Lance Legs, Aluminati, Zacko, Truth.

BigPayDay's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-01-10

That's what I thought.

Starka's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-30

You are clearly incapable of thought.
I went so far as to show you the post and you still deny it.  You'll go far at EDJ.  Denial...the hubris of the defeated.

BigPayDay's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-01-10

Starka,

What line in the post you showed me says that Sooth lied?

BPD

Starka's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-30

I already posted it, and you denied that it was there.  I posted it again in context.  You ignored it.   So go back and have someone read it to you.

Not1ofthem's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-12-27

Geez...you people need a life!
I'd hate to think I was going to spend the rest of my days bashing a former employer out of bitterness...Just doesn't sound like much of a way to live, you know???
There are far too many people living in this forum and swimming in hate all of the time!

Starka's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-30

I'm having a blast spinning up a moron. 
Why are you here?

BigPayDay's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-01-10

Hey Starka what firm do you work for?

I'm a moron because I work at this firm:

1. The first 4 months of this year were Edward Jones' strongest 4 month period ever in terms of gross revenue and net earnings. EVER!

2. They came in first in the JD Power Survey for customer satisfaction, remember the survey was done in January and February of this year. (Wouldn't you agree the customer is our most important critic?)

3. They were ranked the number one company to work for in Hawaii.

4. Edward Jones LP has paid annualized return of 22% so far this year.

5. They are in the 40% bonus bracket. (The highest ever was 50% in the late 90's and early 2000.)

6. Last contest period over 50% of our reps went on a trip. Yes I said 50%, not the 3% - 5% that you see at most firms. Greek Isle Cruise, Beaune France, Botswana Africa, Cambodia, Amalfi Coast, Italy. I could go on but I think you are getting the idea. Oh did I say over 50%, yes I did.

I can see why so many reps who have left Edward Jones are so mad. If I left Edward Jones, I would be mad too. Wouldn't you? I think it's the Jone's Bashers on this site that are spinning!      

BPD

P.S. Oh yeh I forgot to mention the ONLY firm who has "A" share VA's.

Starka's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-30

BPD-
1) I own the firm...I don't "work" for it.
2) My firm's profits are up over 60% from the same period a year ago
3) I could care less about your customers...I care about MY clients
4) I'm not in Hawaii
5) I'm not interested in becoming a "limited" anything.  I am the only "partner" of my firm, and as I said earlier, I'm up over 60%, so why would I be impressed with a lousy 22%?
6) Ditto #5
7) Thanks to my hard work at my firm, I own an airplane, and I take trips when and where I want.
8) You're not the only firm that can sell A share annuities.
 
Oh, P.S.
You're not a moron because you work for Jones...You're a moron because you're a moron.  Don't try to blame your employer for YOUR stupidity!

eddjones654's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-12-03

Starka wrote:
BPD-
Oh, P.S.
You're not a moron because you work for Jones...You're a moron because you're a moron.  Don't try to blame your employer for YOUR stupidity!

                  
LOL !!!!!!!!!! Good one Starka!

BigPayDay's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-01-10

Starka wrote: BPD-
1) I own the firm...I don't "work" for it.
2) My firm's profits are up over 60% from the same period a year ago
3) I could care less about your customers...I care about MY clients
4) I'm not in Hawaii
5) I'm not interested in becoming a "limited" anything.  I am the only "partner" of my firm, and as I said earlier, I'm up over 60%, so why would I be impressed with a lousy 22%?
6) Ditto #5
7) Thanks to my hard work at my firm, I own an airplane, and I take trips when and where I want.
8) You're not the only firm that can sell A share annuities.
 
Oh, P.S.
You're not a moron because you work for Jones...You're a moron because you're a moron.  Don't try to blame your employer for YOUR stupidity!

Starka,

So let me get this right....

1. You own your own broker dealer or book or what?

2. If your firm's profits grew 60% year over year you must have been working off a real small base.

3. If no one cares about Edward Jones customers then what is everyone so jealous for?

4. You'd like to be in Hawaii.

5. The limited partnership has averaged over 22% per year since 1990. The S&P is up only 11% over same period. Yeh, you wouldn't want any of that.

6. Ditto #5

7. Wow, you own your own airplane. Woooooooooooooo. Really rich is when you own your own air strip for your airplane. Woooooooooooooo.

8. What other firm is selling "A" share annuities? Are you? Doubt it.

9. You obviously were not on the debate team!

BPD

Philo Kvetch's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-05-17

Hey ChumpChange!
Is that your best shot?  You've been cut to ribbons, and that's the best you can do?????
Here's your sign!
Loser!

xej1984's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-30

loser candy bar,
perhaps you can package those responses for your next recruitment seminar.
1.) yes he owns his own book ..... duh
2.) One year change of 60% usually indicates Starka could have gone from your firm to being independent ..... duh
3.) Big difference between jealousy and realizing you've been abused
4.) Perhaps you should check on CRD how long your firm's employees have been with the firm back in '02, it was like a revolving door there.
5.) When was the last time a LP was offered ('03) when was the last time a LP was offered and subsrcibed to? 2000  why was the 2003 "pulled" and when will the next offered LP be finalized?  Wanna bet there were more GPs offerred between 2001 and now then LPs, wonder what those returns were?
6.) Contest .... I always thought they were called diversification trips as in diversified holdings / products perhaps things have changed
7.) And how many of your firm employees own airstrips, let me guess they're GPs, but how many of those GPs are still selling?
8.) Who cares about A shares annuities .... seems like only you and your firm
9.) It is quite obvious you were not on the debate team either. But then most client's don't care about that part of your resume either.
Finally to quote Starka
10.) You're not a moron because you work for Jones...You're a moron because you're a moron.  Don't try to blame your employer for YOUR stupidity!
How came you've never addresses point 10?    

BigPayDay's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-01-10

xej1984 wrote: loser candy bar,
perhaps you can package those responses for your next recruitment seminar.
1.) yes he owns his own book ..... duh
2.) One year change of 60% usually indicates Starka could have gone from your firm to being independent ..... duh
3.) Big difference between jealousy and realizing you've been abused
4.) Perhaps you should check on CRD how long your firm's employees have been with the firm back in '02, it was like a revolving door there.
5.) When was the last time a LP was offered ('03) when was the last time a LP was offered and subsrcibed to? 2000  why was the 2003 "pulled" and when will the next offered LP be finalized?  Wanna bet there were more GPs offerred between 2001 and now then LPs, wonder what those returns were?
6.) Contest .... I always thought they were called diversification trips as in diversified holdings / products perhaps things have changed
7.) And how many of your firm employees own airstrips, let me guess they're GPs, but how many of those GPs are still selling?
8.) Who cares about A shares annuities .... seems like only you and your firm
9.) It is quite obvious you were not on the debate team either. But then most client's don't care about that part of your resume either.
Finally to quote Starka
10.) You're not a moron because you work for Jones...You're a moron because you're a moron.  Don't try to blame your employer for YOUR stupidity!
How came you've never addresses point 10?    

1. Starka said he owned his own firm, not his book!

2. It's highly unlikely that if he recently went independent that is production would be up 60%, be real!

3. Let me remind you the definition of the word jealous and why so many former EJ reps bash Jones on this board:

jealous
Pronunciation: 'je-l&s
Function: adjective

Hostile toward a rival or one believed to enjoy an advantage.

Here's another:

envy
Pronunciation: 'en-vE
Function: noun

Painful or resentful awareness of an advantage enjoyed by another joined with a desire to possess the same advantage.

4. We are in sales, whether we like it or not (Especially when you are new). Although attrition was higher than normal in '02 it was still ALOT better than most firms. Mother merril lost over 5,000 reps.

5. Our LP (which has avergaed 22% since 1990) was offered in '03. Those who excepted the offer are earning on it even though they havn't completed the offering yet.

6. Yes, we have a Diversification Contest where over 50% of our IRs routinely win trips (Not the 3-5% at most firms.) Yes, the trips are to places like:Greek Isle Cruise, Beaune France, Botswana Africa, Cambodia, Amalfi Coast, Italy.

7. Yes, my family has their own airstrip. Big deal.

8. The reason I bring up "A" shares is because Jones is the only firm that offers them because they are the least expensive way to buy a VA over the long term. It's called doing what is right for the client. Maybe that's why we scored the highest in customer satisfaction in the JD Power survey. Why don't other firms sell "A" shares, Duh, they don't make as much.

9. Yes, actually I was on the debate team.

10. Yeh I'm a moron / loser, whatever. Is that all you guys can come up with? Well then again you were not on the debate team, were you?

BPD

Philo Kvetch's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-05-17

YOU?????  ON THE DEBATE TEAM????? ROFLMAO!!!!!!!
Now I KNOW you're full of sh*t!

BigPayDay's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-01-10

Philo Kvetch wrote: YOU?????  ON THE DEBATE TEAM????? ROFLMAO!!!!!!!
Now I KNOW you're full of sh*t!

No that would be your turkey on Christmas day.

Hey I din't write it!

BPD

Philo Kvetch's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-05-17

Don't you ever get tired of losing?  I'm even getting tired of watching you lose!

BigPayDay's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-01-10

Who's the loser?

Here's your worthless 16 posts:

1.That's not what he said, you pimple.
2. If I had to guess, I'd say he meant what he said. But that's just me. I don't try to twist the words of others.
3. If you ever post anything worthy of debate, I'll have more to say. Given the level of ignorance and the base demeanor that you've displayed so far, I'm not too worried about that ever happening.
4. Hey ChumpChange!
Is that your best shot? You've been cut to ribbons, and that's the best you can do?????
Here's your sign!
5. YOU????? ON THE DEBATE TEAM????? ROFLMAO!!!!!!!
Now I KNOW you're full of sh*t!
6. Don't you ever get tired of losing? I'm even getting tired of watching you lose!
7. I'm not at Jones, but I did have one of their pinheads try to recruit me about three years ago. I went to his office to see what the hype was about. After he showed me their cutting edge technology, massive product array and generous payout schedule, I laughed in his face. I didn't want to, I know it's rude, but I couldn't help myself. Anyone coming from indy or a reputable wirehouse would have to be a complete imbicile to go to Edward Jones, and complete imbiciles are rare. (I must concede that after reading some of the posts here by ChumpChange and others from Jones, that imbiciles are not as rare as I previously thought.)
8. Not being in Hawaii, I don't know nor do I care.
9. It's quite possible that other firms can "blow them out of the water" without tootin' their own horn.   In any event, it's a simple person indeed who makes career decisions based upon a dubious survey in an obscure publication.
10. Most people aren't aware of, let alone read, Fortune Magazine, so yes, I'd call it obscure.
11. As ours is a confidential business, how, I wonder, does the survey get the names of investors to query?
12. That's fair enough, I guess. I don't know that I've ever met anyone that's been interviewed. (Of course, I've never asked either!)
13. Stan, judging by the thorough knowledge in evidence, quality and intellectual content of the posts submitted here by Edward Jones people, I'm not sure that they have opposable thumbs over there. And you want to give them technology????
14. I've been following these posts for some time now, and at long last the one thing I can be sure of is that BigPayDay is full of more shlt than a Christmas turkey.
Your moniker should be ChumpChange!
Have a nice life, Chump!
15. Price, I believe what is being said is that if you're doing brain surgery, driving a garbage truck or anything outside of the securities industry, you can't hold a securities license.
If you don't like the answer, stop trying asking the question. It doesn't look like the answer is going to change.
16. LOL....hostility?   You don't want to be around when it gets hostile here.

My favorites are #1 and #10.

BPD

Bubba Gump's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-05-11

Aren't these diversification trips partially financed by the "preferred vendors"?

BigPayDay's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-01-10

Yup, 100%. That's why everyone on this board is jealous.

Starka's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-30

Who's the loser?  You. 
I'm personally getting a little bored with you.  Every day you post ad nauseum, and every day you get b*tch slapped.  I'll allow you the last word here, as for some reason that seems important to you, but know this:  as long as you're working for that bottom tier scam artist you will never get the last laugh!
See you in the funny papers, Chump! 

stanwbrown's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-12-01

BigPayDay wrote:Yup, 100%. That's why everyone on this board is jealous.
 
Yup 100% wish we worked for a strip mall brokerage that lacks the basic tools, sends their reps to bother people door to door and runs "contests".

Philo Kvetch's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-05-17

Actually ChumpChange, those comments are quite a bit above you.  But then, almost everything is above you.  Oh well.

BigPayDay's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-01-10

Philo Kvetch wrote: Actually ChumpChange, those comments are quite a bit above you.  But then, almost everything is above you.  Oh well.

Philo,

Another worthless post.

Philo Kvetch's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-05-17

ChumpChange
It's to honor you, a worthless poster.

BigPayDay's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-01-10

Idiot.

Philo Kvetch's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-05-17

OK, if you like it better that way.
It's to honor you, idiot.
(Honestly, the other way is better.)

Bubba Gump's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-05-11

So if Jones would drop the percentage of "preferred" vendors' production to say 50% of total mfd sales, I'm sure the trips would continue. Granted, a lot of players in the industry are doing a lot of American Funds, but if you take the others, is it always in the best interest of the client to put them there? Oh, by the way, according to regulatory disclosure, 97% of fund sales were in these "preferred" funds.

Are they preferred by the clients, or by Jones? There are some other great fund families out there. Here are Jones criteria:

1) Pays revenue sharing.
2) Helps pay for diversifications trips.
3) Helps pay for regional meetings.
4) Has good performance, except for Federated, Putnam, Goldman Sachs, Van Kampen (growth funds), oh, but wait, that's 4 out of 7 with poor performance.
5) Have good name recognition, except for Putnam, which has the name recognition of ValuJet.
6) Pays revenue sharing.
7) And oh yeah, did I mention pays revenue sharing.

Granted, a lot of fund families pay revenue sharing to a lot of firms, but the only "preferred" fund at Jones are the only ones that happen to pay revenue sharing to Jones? Hmmmmm................
5)

AnotherView's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-01-24

Bubba,
Answer BPD's qestion on why Jones came out with an A Share VA?
 

eddjones654's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-12-03

bpd,
real witty responses, undoubtly your looking to become a gp?

stanwbrown's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-12-01

AnotherView wrote:
Bubba,
Answer BPD's qestion on why Jones came out with an A Share VA?
 

I'm still at a loss as to why some say that's a bad thing...

BigPayDay's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-01-10

Exactly, then why is EJ the only firm that sells the "A" share VA?

Phlyin' Phule's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-05-01

Jones is not the only firm that can sell A share annuities.  Most firms choose not to, as it puts the client at an immediate disadvantage.   Why do you persist in that lie?

mike's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-05-21

For what it is worth, I find that most clients are satisfied with their broker, not necessarily the company they are with.  In relationships we "sell" ourselves not the company we work for.  The name on the statement in many cases is secondary.  Just think how many times you've reviewed a competitors statement that had very poor results, but the prospect insists that Joe Blow broker is looking out for them.

BigPayDay's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-01-10

Phlyin' Phule wrote: Jones is not the only firm that can sell A share annuities.  Most firms choose not to, as it puts the client at an immediate disadvantage.   Why do you persist in that lie?

What other firm sells "A" share VAs?

Have YOU ever sold one?

What is the ".....immediate disadvantage"?

BPD

compliancejerk's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-12-03

bpd,
who gives a rats behind about VAs let alone "A" shares?

BigPayDay's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-01-10

BigPayDay wrote: Phlyin' Phule wrote: Jones is not the only firm that can sell A share annuities.  Most firms choose not to, as it puts the client at an immediate disadvantage.   Why do you persist in that lie?

What other firm sells "A" share VAs?

Have YOU ever sold one?

What is the ".....immediate disadvantage"?

BPD

Fool,

Still would like to hear your answer to the above.

BPD

Phlyin' Phule's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-05-01

Do your own research, phlegmwad.
Your ignorance is getting tiresome.  Doesn't it bother you?

BigPayDay's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-01-10

I didn't say that with "A" Share VAs the client starts out at an "imediate disadvantage". YOU did. I was asking what you mean when you say this. If you mean the clients starts out with less than they invested because they paid an up front fee. Of course they have a much lower internal ongoing fee. If you are buying an annuity usually you're buying it for the long term where lower fees can really make a difference. I suppose you only sell "B" share mutual funds, because with those "A" share mutual funds the client starts out an "imediate disadvantage".

Whose ignorance is getting tiresome?

BPD

Phlyin' Phule's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-05-01

Yours is.
Why?

jonesnewbie's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-02-08

Phlyin' Phule wrote:
 Most firms choose not to, as it puts the client at an immediate disadvantage.  

If paying an up front commission puts clients at an immediate disadvantage, I have two questions:
1.  When you are selling mutual funds, at what break point do you put a client in the A share - $100k, $250k, $500k?
2.  When selling annuities, why not sell "bonus" annuities exclusively?
Inquiring minds want to know.

Player's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-12-08

HEY CLONES AND DRONES........Your Number one rated Firm has still not told your clients the "TRUTH" , about their "FINES".......
But after all your CLIENTS don't or can't read the WSJ, according to Bill 3 Mil Hill, soon to be X-MGP at the FIRM, WOW does that fit............
I am amazed some one from Edward Jones would brag about this JD POWER AWARD..........WHAT A JOKE TO THE INVESTMENT COMMUNITY.....BUT WHAT DOES THAT SAY ABOUT JD POWER & ASSOC   When they did the survey did they ask?
Are you aware about the FINES levied on Edward Jones for not Disclosing all of their fees they charged to you their loyal client ?
I WONDER WHAT THE RATING WOULD BE THEN ?     0

BigPayDay's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-01-10

Player,

So are you saying your firm does not do revenue sharing?

BPD

Phlyin' Phule's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-05-01

jonesnewbie wrote:
Phlyin' Phule wrote:
 Most firms choose not to, as it puts the client at an immediate disadvantage.  

If paying an up front commission puts clients at an immediate disadvantage, I have two questions:
1.  When you are selling mutual funds, at what break point do you put a client in the A share - $100k, $250k, $500k?
2.  When selling annuities, why not sell "bonus" annuities exclusively?
Inquiring minds want to know.

Newbie, I sell VERY little by way of mutual funds, and the lions' share of what I do sell is in A shares.  As to VAs, I feel that actuaries are nothing more than bookies that pay taxes.  Therefore, any bells and whistles (such as "bonus products") that are added to the basic chassis are there solely to add to the expenses of the product.   Which is just a long way of saying that I use VAs sparingly,  but effectively.  There MUST be a specific need or problem to be addressed by a specific feature of the BASIC annuity, and that is the deciding factor in choosing the appropriate contract, not the commission payout.
That's just my opinion, of course, but it's how I run my business.
I hope that answers your questions!

BigPayDay's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-01-10

Fool,

So you don't sell much mutual funds ("....I sell VERY little by way of mutual funds...") or VAs("....I use VAs sparingly....)

What do you sell?

Inquiring minds want to know.

BPD

Phlyin' Phule's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-05-01

BigPayDay wrote:So you don't sell much mutual funds ("....I sell VERY little by way of mutual funds...") or VAs("....I use VAs sparingly....) What do you sell?
Is your experience really so narrow that you think if one doesn't sell annuities and/or mutual funds one can't possibly be in the securities industry?  My God!  You're even dumber than I previously thought!
(Forgive me for laughing at you, but I just have this mental image of you sitting there at your computer in your bathrobe eating cheese-its with a dazed and confused look on your face.)

Oracle's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-01-25

PP,
So what's your product mix?
BPD
 

AnotherView's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-01-24

Player wrote:
HEY CLONES AND DRONES........Your Number one rated Firm has still not told your clients the "TRUTH" , about their "FINES".......
But after all your CLIENTS don't or can't read the WSJ, according to Bill 3 Mil Hill, soon to be X-MGP at the FIRM, WOW does that fit............
I am amazed some one from Edward Jones would brag about this JD POWER AWARD..........WHAT A JOKE TO THE INVESTMENT COMMUNITY.....BUT WHAT DOES THAT SAY ABOUT JD POWER & ASSOC   When they did the survey did they ask?
Are you aware about the FINES levied on Edward Jones for not Disclosing all of their fees they charged to you their loyal client ?
I WONDER WHAT THE RATING WOULD BE THEN ?     0

Player,
Jones was not the only firm doing revenue sharing.
Revenue Sharing is not illegal.
Jones got into trouble because of the lack of disclosure of the revenue sharing.
If revenue sharing were taken away it would impact the indys (the firms not the reps) very much because they are working on a very thin profit margin.
If revenue sharing is taken away then there will be a bigger move toward fee based and the regulators know this. In the end it would end up being more expensive for an investor if revenue sharing were taken away.
Do you have a civil comment in regard to these questions? ...or just more Jones bashing?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Please or Register to post comments.

Industry Newsletters
Careers Category Sponsor Links

Sponsored Introduction Continue on to (or wait seconds) ×