EJ, #3 in Canada to work For

26 replies [Last post]
The Answer's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-06-02

 
The tough year for Edward Jones continues......
http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/December2005/23/c 3587.html
 

blarmston's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-02-26

Uhhhh.... Who gives a $hit??? Unless you work up there. And then, congratulations.... Thats like saying UBS is the best place to work in Switzerland....

BrokerRecruit's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-04-19

Why is it that only the Jones IRs are quick to post that crap?  I have no opinion either way on the firm. 
You never hear those working at Merrill bragging every time they lead the industry in production, or whatever a category might be for another leader in the biz.  Who cares. 

eddjones654's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-12-03

insecurity!

exdrone's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-07-01

BrokerRecruit wrote:
Why is it that only the Jones IRs are quick to post that crap?  I have no opinion either way on the firm. 
You never hear those working at Merrill bragging every time they lead the industry in production, or whatever a category might be for another leader in the biz.  Who cares. 

The Kool-aid makes them do it.

Soothsayer's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-02-24

The best place to work.....voted on by none other than the home office associates and the GPs.  If I was a talent-less boob knocking down 300K+ per year on the hard work and backs of others, then I'd be down with that, too. 

BigPayDay's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-01-10

BrokerRecruit wrote: Why is it that only the Jones IRs are quick to post that crap?  I have no opinion either way on the firm. 
You never hear those working at Merrill bragging every time they lead the industry in production, or whatever a category might be for another leader in the biz.  Who cares. 

BR,

You're the recruiter. Let me ask you this. Why aren't you a broker? Can you make more than the average broker at your firm being a recruiter? I think not. You ask why do Jones brokers post on this board. To hear all you Jones wannabees and has beens complain about Jones. That's why! It is very entertaining to hear all you you wine and cry.

The Jones haters on this board remind me of the fella who left his wife because she was fat and then his ex loses 40 pounds looks better than she did in high school and gets a boob job and now dates a very successful real estate developer and jet sets all over the world and you gave her up because she was fat. I'd be pissed too.

Happy New Year!

BPD

eyes wide open's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-01-05

Ya right, Jones had a boob job all right.  YOU are the boob!

unsunghero's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-07-12

BigPayDay wrote: BrokerRecruit wrote:
Why is it that only the Jones IRs are quick to post that crap?  I have no opinion either way on the firm. 
You never hear those working at Merrill bragging every time they lead the industry in production, or whatever a category might be for another leader in the biz.  Who cares. 
BR, You're the recruiter. Let me ask you this. Why aren't you a broker? Can you make more than the average broker at your firm being a recruiter? I think not. You ask why do Jones brokers post on this board. To hear all you Jones wannabees and has beens complain about Jones. That's why! It is very entertaining to hear all you you wine and cry. The Jones haters on this board remind me of the fella who left his wife because she was fat and then his ex loses 40 pounds looks better than she did in high school and gets a boob job and now dates a very successful real estate developer and jet sets all over the world and you gave her up because she was fat. I'd be pissed too. Happy New Year! BPD
Candy@ss,
Why dont you answer the question he posed...because the real answer is insecurity.  You clowns are so worried about taken seriously in the industry you have to plaster it in your store fronts every time someone blows smoke up your @ss.
And...
Why are you calling your firm a fat bitch with sagging t*ts.  Is that your real opinion of your employer.  Is Hill stepping down like losing 40lbs(I bet that guy has some serious man-boobs). What the F- is the point of this analogy. Stick with the milk cows and golden eggs. Fool.

BigPayDay's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-01-10

Unsung,

Why the vendetta against Jones? What did they do to you?

BPD

unsunghero's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-07-12

BigPayDay wrote:Unsung, Why the vendetta against Jones? What did they do to you? BPD
WHY DO YOU GUYS POST THAT CRAP!!!!!

BigPayDay's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-01-10

Whah, Whah, Whah. Is that all you can do is wine?

BPD

unsunghero's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-07-12

That's your answer? You suck.

BigPayDay's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-01-10

I can see why you failed at Jones. As Martha would say: "You just don't fit in." You also seem like quite a conversationlist. Not.

BPD

unsunghero's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-07-12

Nice. So did Van Pearcy fail too. Is that why he left? Now answer the freaking question: Why do you guys like to blow smoke up your own @sses?
 

BigPayDay's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-01-10

As Martha would say: "Van, you just don't fit in.".

Ask a real question and I will attempt to answer. A hint for you - The above is not an example of a real question.

troll's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-29

The Answer wrote:
 
The tough year for Edward Jones continues......
http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/December2005/23/c 3587.html
 

Hey look good for you guys if you agree it's the best place for you to work.  Me, I'm happy owning my own OSJ and knowing I can pack up and move on to another B/D if my current one doesn't keep their promses.  And with NO interference because I OWN my book.
Honestly I don't think Jones sounds like a terrible firm, just a little to CULT LIKE to me, and in addition it seems like the GP's are a bit money hungry at the expense of clients and IR's alike.  Just my impression.  Doesn't make you IR's a bad bunch.  Heck the average wirehouse BOM made about 350k last year.  Not too shabby....

JonesIR's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-12-31

Jones folk are kinda different in regards to the pride they have in how they do what is best for the client.  Strange in this dirty industry isn't it? 
We know we do it right...lots of the other firms preach (push)annuities, wrap accounts, market timing/churning.  We preach annuities w/out surrender fees and half the expenses to the client.  Pays us less money, but better for the customer.  Hmmm....  No fee based accounts just buy your mutual funds with A share expenses and hold for 20 years.  Hmmm...do the math on A share versus fee based account over 20 years and see which comes out better for the client.  Math doesn't lie if you don't believe me.  Check the SEC website for a mutual fund cost calculator.  I got to figuring what I needed in C shares or a wrap account versus having a book of A shares.  Wrap fee broker or annuity broker gets just as much in trails from $20M under management as someone that had $80M in A share funds.  Strange huh.  Is that best for the client or the broker?  My thoughts are that there are so many people on here that leave Jones in the first few years to go somewhere else because they can't hack it the ethical way.  The "say" they make more money at the new firm.  But it is strange the payout portion is much the same.  Hmm...  If they make more money it is usually because they do things the easier less client friendly way by selling things that pay themselves more money. Annuities, wraps, and market timing (churning) They get on here and bash the firm.   I think the Jones guys and gals are just proud that they have been able to build a sound ethical business the client friendly way.  Yep, there are other firms with brokers/advisors that do it the "right way" for the client but not may other firms that structure their business model the "right way" for the client.  I think the Jones folk are just taking up for themselves and the ethical businesses that most Jones folks have built.  

BrokerRecruit's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-04-19

Sorry for the delay in responding to you, BPD.  I was on a little vacation.
Here's the deal - I greatly respect the job that is done in this industry.  It takes a very dedicated individual with the desire to perform well at the position.  I'm not going to come out and say that I could do it, because I have never attempted to be a broker and I feel that to do so would be disrespectful and discredit what you and everyone else here does.  Plain and simple, it isn't my cup of tea.  However, being in my position allows me to work in a field that is dynamic and fascinating, but doing what I enjoy and have been successful doing for years.
That said, I think you assumed incorrectly that I cannot or do not make what someone in this industry does or can.  When I first started, it was slow goings, because I am not pushy, I let the producer make the decision - not me, and I truly try to provide value to all involved.  There were many lean months for the first little bit - I'll be the first to admit.  However, by building my practice correctly and with the right principles, I have become very successful.  It's all in how the position is tackled.  I would say that I do make more than many FAs out there, but not all.  There will be a hell of a lot of them that will kick my @$$ when it comes to income, because they've been  working their tails off for years and have built their practices the right way.
I have not been in the business long, but have been successful thus far and plan do continue in the same direction. 
Quick story - I was speaking to a Jones IR (who was a real prick, btw) a few months ago.  I was simply calling to intro myself and see how things were.  He quickly got defensive and the Kool-Aid reared its ugly head.  This 12 year vet in a fairly large city started barraging me with personal questions:  why are you calling me?  who are you?  how long have you done this?  why would I want to move, I made $xxx last year, how much did you make?... blah, blah, blah.  Sadly, ths IR had made less in the past year than I did, and less than I had up 'til that point in 2005. 
The bottom line is - I'm happy doing what I'm doing.  Regardless of the money consideration.  My post was simply questioning why EDJ IRs are so quick to throw that crap out there.  Who the hell cares.  If you're happy at Jones and it's the best place for you, that's awesome - more friggin' power to ya.  I'll tell you best of luck and hang up my end respectfully.  Again, I respect everything that FAs do.  It's a tough and stressful gig and I have to admire that.
Sorry for the long post, all.

csmelnix's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-06-01

BR - great response - BPD is a bit frustrating to read on here, questioning you when he sits at the home ofc training IRs v being in production.  I love how he tries to mask that too. 
Follow his answers - what do you have against jones, what great firm do you work for, what proof do you have....followed up with some link to a prospectus that amounts to zero.  He's a home ofc chode preaching the verbal kool-aid. 

compliancejerk's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-12-03

can 'ah gets an amen for brother csmelnix for his accurate post?

Player's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-12-08

BigPayDay wrote:As Martha would say: "Van, you just don't fit in.". Ask a real question and I will attempt to answer. A hint for you - The above is not an example of a real question.
BigPayDay
You just keep proving what an arrogant ass you really are.    Van is currently doing over 2 mil, and when I was at Edward Jones he was called the IR to copy, yes your comments just prove what a low life Firm Edward Jones has turned into, if I hadn't of left , after reading your comments I would be heading out the door, arrogant jerks like you is why I left, you can justify anything for the Firm
What a great Firm that puts down their STARS, just because they leave, does that really sound right to you?   By the way jerkoff, how do you look at yourself in the mirror  looser...............

eddjones654's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-12-03

AMEN brother csmelnix!

noggin's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-30

BrokerRecruit wrote:
Sorry for the delay in responding to you, BPD.  I was on a little vacation.
Here's the deal - I greatly respect the job that is done in this industry.  It takes a very dedicated individual with the desire to perform well at the position.  I'm not going to come out and say that I could do it, because I have never attempted to be a broker and I feel that to do so would be disrespectful and discredit what you and everyone else here does.  Plain and simple, it isn't my cup of tea.  However, being in my position allows me to work in a field that is dynamic and fascinating, but doing what I enjoy and have been successful doing for years.
That said, I think you assumed incorrectly that I cannot or do not make what someone in this industry does or can.  When I first started, it was slow goings, because I am not pushy, I let the producer make the decision - not me, and I truly try to provide value to all involved.  There were many lean months for the first little bit - I'll be the first to admit.  However, by building my practice correctly and with the right principles, I have become very successful.  It's all in how the position is tackled.  I would say that I do make more than many FAs out there, but not all.  There will be a hell of a lot of them that will kick my @$$ when it comes to income, because they've been  working their tails off for years and have built their practices the right way.
I have not been in the business long, but have been successful thus far and plan do continue in the same direction. 
Quick story - I was speaking to a Jones IR (who was a real prick, btw) a few months ago.  I was simply calling to intro myself and see how things were.  He quickly got defensive and the Kool-Aid reared its ugly head.  This 12 year vet in a fairly large city started barraging me with personal questions:  why are you calling me?  who are you?  how long have you done this?  why would I want to move, I made $xxx last year, how much did you make?... blah, blah, blah.  Sadly, ths IR had made less in the past year than I did, and less than I had up 'til that point in 2005. 
The bottom line is - I'm happy doing what I'm doing.  Regardless of the money consideration.  My post was simply questioning why EDJ IRs are so quick to throw that crap out there.  Who the hell cares.  If you're happy at Jones and it's the best place for you, that's awesome - more friggin' power to ya.  I'll tell you best of luck and hang up my end respectfully.  Again, I respect everything that FAs do.  It's a tough and stressful gig and I have to admire that.
Sorry for the long post, all.

That's a great perspective, i think you add a different wrinkle to the forum. Thanks.

BrokerRecruit's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-04-19

Thanks, noggin.

Player's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-12-08

noggin wrote:BrokerRecruit wrote:
Sorry for the delay in responding to you, BPD.  I was on a little vacation.
Here's the deal - I greatly respect the job that is done in this industry.  It takes a very dedicated individual with the desire to perform well at the position.  I'm not going to come out and say that I could do it, because I have never attempted to be a broker and I feel that to do so would be disrespectful and discredit what you and everyone else here does.  Plain and simple, it isn't my cup of tea.  However, being in my position allows me to work in a field that is dynamic and fascinating, but doing what I enjoy and have been successful doing for years.
That said, I think you assumed incorrectly that I cannot or do not make what someone in this industry does or can.  When I first started, it was slow goings, because I am not pushy, I let the producer make the decision - not me, and I truly try to provide value to all involved.  There were many lean months for the first little bit - I'll be the first to admit.  However, by building my practice correctly and with the right principles, I have become very successful.  It's all in how the position is tackled.  I would say that I do make more than many FAs out there, but not all.  There will be a hell of a lot of them that will kick my @$$ when it comes to income, because they've been  working their tails off for years and have built their practices the right way.
I have not been in the business long, but have been successful thus far and plan do continue in the same direction. 
Quick story - I was speaking to a Jones IR (who was a real prick, btw) a few months ago.  I was simply calling to intro myself and see how things were.  He quickly got defensive and the Kool-Aid reared its ugly head.  This 12 year vet in a fairly large city started barraging me with personal questions:  why are you calling me?  who are you?  how long have you done this?  why would I want to move, I made $xxx last year, how much did you make?... blah, blah, blah.  Sadly, ths IR had made less in the past year than I did, and less than I had up 'til that point in 2005. 
The bottom line is - I'm happy doing what I'm doing.  Regardless of the money consideration.  My post was simply questioning why EDJ IRs are so quick to throw that crap out there.  Who the hell cares.  If you're happy at Jones and it's the best place for you, that's awesome - more friggin' power to ya.  I'll tell you best of luck and hang up my end respectfully.  Again, I respect everything that FAs do.  It's a tough and stressful gig and I have to admire that.
Sorry for the long post, all.

That's a great perspective, i think you add a different wrinkle to the forum. Thanks.

Well said, Pilgrim     you might want to become a writer, you nailed it.........................I am amazed Jones IR's aren't on here blasting your spelling, since you would have left them without a responce except to slam and smear and call you names.........nice job! 

BrokerRecruit's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-04-19

I thot the speeling was good - I am prety detaled wen it coms to that stuf. 
And thanks for the support, all.  Glad some folks know where I'm coming from.  

Please or Register to post comments.

Industry Newsletters
Investment Category Sponsor Links

 

Careers Category Sponsor Links

Sponsored Introduction Continue on to (or wait seconds) ×