Skip navigation

Dow 10,000

or Register to post new content in the forum

52 RepliesJump to last post

Comments

• Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Oct 14, 2009 11:41 pm

so much cash

so many missed

bears sound so stupid

a wonderful , wonderful thing

going so much higher.

(dont get fooled-

remember the REAL story:

BRIC.

monster,massive growing global economy!)

(fritz?   you there?)

Oct 15, 2009 12:35 am

Just watching NBC nightly national news, shows clip of a lady excited watching the DOW cross 10,000 in 1999.  Yippee I am excited!! only took 10 years to be even.  Wonder if we will be as lucky in 2019 and still be at 10,000!!

Oct 15, 2009 1:38 am
fritz:

Just watching NBC nightly national news, shows clip of a lady excited watching the DOW cross 10,000 in 1999. Yippee I am excited!! only took 10 years to be even. Wonder if we will be as lucky in 2019 and still be at 10,000!!

Stop looking out the back window.

US gdp is 45% larger then in was in 1999 PLUS the monster global economy.

Oct 15, 2009 1:39 am
Shania Twain:

[quote=fritz] Just watching NBC nightly national news, shows clip of a lady excited watching the DOW cross 10,000 in 1999.  Yippee I am excited!! only took 10 years to be even.  Wonder if we will be as lucky in 2019 and still be at 10,000!![/quote]

You make some powerful points.
Oct 15, 2009 1:49 am
Shania Twain:

[quote=fritz] Just watching NBC nightly national news, shows clip of a lady excited watching the DOW cross 10,000 in 1999.  Yippee I am excited!! only took 10 years to be even.  Wonder if we will be as lucky in 2019 and still be at 10,000!![/quote]

Very interesting.....Wonder why the market has gone nowhere??? Maybe GDP is not a good indicator of the stock market? What do ya think? I beleive the 90"s were created by the destruction of the pension and introduction of the 401k. Also, the mass use of the mutual fund. That will drive the ask straight up. However, when a large portion of the world gears back on consumption and begins systematic withdrawls you get the 2000's. ( Baby Boomers)
Oct 15, 2009 2:03 am
howboutshoeshine:

[quote=Shania Twain] [quote=fritz] What do ya think? I beleive the 90"s were created by the destruction of the pension and introduction of the 401k. Also, the mass use of the mutual fund. That will drive the ask straight up. However, when a large portion of the world gears back on consumption and begins systematic withdrawls you get the 2000’s. ( Baby Boomers)

dude.   I am a horrible speller and my grammar sucks but, this is your second post and I have no clue what the fukc you are talking about.
Oct 15, 2009 2:34 am

[quote=iceco1d]A large portion of the world gears back on consumption and begins systematic withdrawals?  Are you on crack?  What part of globalization do you not understand?  BRIC economies are where the USA was in the 50s.  Those 4 economies account for 1/3+ of the world’s population.

You run your mouth a lot in 1 day.  Exactly what do you do Mr. Shoeshine?  You claim to have forgotten more about investing taking a leak than we ever knew.  I’ll bite, lets chat.  Enlighten me. 

You go long and short?  You invest in commodities & currency?  Wow, I’m awe struck.  Gee golly, I bet you use options too! 

All this knowledge, and you can’t come up with a better allegation than “the Dow is at the same level it was 10 years ago, none of your clients made money since then losers!” 

options are for suckers. You can't win. What do you want to know? How real investors make money? what? Eplain the buy and hold scam? what. Explain one thing to me genious......Where is all the volume?? no withdrawals? are you insane?  Half the players in the game? Or can't you read volume!!!! This is short covering and people like you. Should I explain how short covering works and it's ramifications to you? I never said I didn't make money, but I garauntee you didn't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try harder (Putsy?).
[/quote]
Oct 15, 2009 2:36 am

options are for suckers. You can’t win. What do you want to know? How real investors make money? what? Eplain the buy and hold scam? what. Explain one thing to me genious…Where is all the volume?? no withdrawals? are you insane?  Half the players in the game? Or can’t you read volume!!! This is short covering and people like you. Should I explain how short covering works and it’s ramifications to you? I never said I didn’t make money, but I garauntee you didn’t!!!

Oct 15, 2009 2:59 am
howboutshoeshine:

options are for suckers. You can’t win. What do you want to know? How real investors make money? what? Eplain the buy and hold scam? what. Explain one thing to me genious…Where is all the volume?? no withdrawals? are you insane? Half the players in the game? Or can’t you read volume!!! This is short covering and people like you. Should I explain how short covering works and it’s ramifications to you? I never said I didn’t make money, but I garauntee you didn’t!!!

Thanks for sharing.

Your a fukcing idiot.
Oct 15, 2009 5:02 am

From the <SPAN =yshortcuts id=lw_1255582409_4>National Association of Business Economists: Q3 real GDP growth 3.4% at an annual rate (versus 0.7% in May) & 2.4% for Q4,up from 1.8% in the May survey. For all of 2010, the consensus sees 3.0% real GDP growth, up from 2.7% in May. So, the <SPAN =yshortcuts id=lw_1255582409_5 style=": none transparent scroll repeat 0% 0%; CURSOR: hand; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none">S&P has surged over 20% over a time period in which the growth outlook has soared…drum roll please… 30 bps.

80% of the economicsts believe the recession is over. So why does the other 20% say no? As of now, about 80% of the S&P 500 companies have so far beaten consensus . But since everyone has basically said no one will grow and cut all estimates anyways to about 25% less than from what they already showed going down from recession profits of a year ago. So since every company is doing a great job of cutting everything, ceo’s aren’t putting the “growth” back into the companies.  Laadie freakin dah!

OH....and there's about 1-2 trillion sitting on the sidelines....yeah 10,000 Dow. Go get it 'em....
Oct 15, 2009 5:03 am

You’re retarded if you think this market is “back.” Just give your assets to someone in the corner office if you’re riding that train to Walmart cashier central.

Oct 15, 2009 1:07 pm

[quote=Shania Twain]so much cash

so many missed

bears sound so stupid

a wonderful , wonderful thing

going so much higher.

[/quote]
If you really believe this, there’s no hope for you.

Oct 15, 2009 1:09 pm

[quote=iceco1d]Fwiw,

I'm not trying to insinuate that this is a sustainable bull market, or that the recession is over.  All I'm insinuating at this point is that Shoeshine is arrogant and illiterate.  [/quote]  x2
Oct 15, 2009 2:30 pm

I love reading you idiots, it’s like listening to a bunch of trainees and branch managers talk.  Not one of you has mentioned anything that isn’t on CNBC or what you were told.  Again, you are all pikers that waste far to much time on this blog. A prediction for ya…Market blows out the lows. ta ta for now.

Oct 15, 2009 2:34 pm
howboutshoeshine:

I love reading you idiots, it’s like listening to a bunch of trainees and branch managers talk. Not one of you has mentioned anything that isn’t on CNBC or what you were told. Again, you are all pikers that waste far to much time on this blog. A prediction for ya…Market blows out the lows. ta ta for now.

Shoeshine = Queer

Oct 15, 2009 2:38 pm
Moraen:

[quote=howboutshoeshine] I love reading you idiots, it’s like listening to a bunch of trainees and branch managers talk.  Not one of you has mentioned anything that isn’t on CNBC or what you were told.  Again, you are all pikers that waste far to much time on this blog. A prediction for ya…Market blows out the lows. ta ta for now.[/quote]

Shoeshine = Queer

If one had put their money in a short-term Treasury bill the first time the Dow pushed above 10,000 and simply rolled over the proceeds of the bill at each maturity (and the interest), one would have a better return on their investment today, without any market risk. The index first pushed above 10,000 on March 29, 1999, 10½ years ago. Jim notes that since then, it closed above the 10,000 level 1,859 times  Moraen= BIG producer lol!!!   This is more fun than I thought!!  
Oct 15, 2009 2:43 pm
howboutshoeshine:

[quote=Moraen] [quote=howboutshoeshine] I love reading you idiots, it’s like listening to a bunch of trainees and branch managers talk. Not one of you has mentioned anything that isn’t on CNBC or what you were told. Again, you are all pikers that waste far to much time on this blog. A prediction for ya…Market blows out the lows. ta ta for now.[/quote] Shoeshine = Queer

If one had put their money in a short-term Treasury bill the first time the Dow pushed above 10,000 and simply rolled over the proceeds of the bill at each maturity (and the interest), one would have a better return on their investment today, without any market risk.

The index first pushed above 10,000 on March 29, 1999, 10½ years ago. Jim notes that since then, it closed above the 10,000 level 1,859 times

Moraen= BIG producer lol!!!

This is more fun than I thought!!

[/quote]

You know what else is fun? Cashforgold.com. Gold sold there makes way more than any of your lousy investment ideas!
Oct 15, 2009 2:48 pm

[quote=Ed McMahon] [quote=howboutshoeshine] [quote=Moraen] [quote=howboutshoeshine] I love reading you idiots, it’s like listening to a bunch of trainees and branch managers talk.  Not one of you has mentioned anything that isn’t on CNBC or what you were told.  Again, you are all pikers that waste far to much time on this blog. A prediction for ya…Market blows out the lows. ta ta for now.[/quote] Shoeshine = Queer [/quote]

If one had put their money in a short-term Treasury bill the first time the Dow pushed above 10,000 and simply rolled over the proceeds of the bill at each maturity (and the interest), one would have a better return on their investment today, without any market risk.
The index first pushed above 10,000 on March 29, 1999, 10½ years ago. Jim notes that since then, it closed above the 10,000 level 1,859 times

[/quote]

You know what else is fun? Cashforgold.com. Gold sold there makes way more than any of your lousy investment ideas![/quote]   Gold was $850 an oz. in January of 1980. Sorry.Wrong. Nice try though, I see where you were going with that.
Oct 15, 2009 2:58 pm
howboutshoeshine:

[quote=Moraen] [quote=howboutshoeshine] I love reading you idiots, it’s like listening to a bunch of trainees and branch managers talk. Not one of you has mentioned anything that isn’t on CNBC or what you were told. Again, you are all pikers that waste far to much time on this blog. A prediction for ya…Market blows out the lows. ta ta for now.[/quote] Shoeshine = Queer

[/quote]

And you’re still gay.
Oct 15, 2009 2:58 pm
howboutshoeshine:

[quote=Ed McMahon] [quote=howboutshoeshine] [quote=Moraen] [quote=howboutshoeshine] I love reading you idiots, it’s like listening to a bunch of trainees and branch managers talk. Not one of you has mentioned anything that isn’t on CNBC or what you were told. Again, you are all pikers that waste far to much time on this blog. A prediction for ya…Market blows out the lows. ta ta for now.[/quote] Shoeshine = Queer

[/quote] You know what else is fun? Cashforgold.com. Gold sold there makes way more than any of your lousy investment ideas![/quote]

Gold was $850 an oz. in January of 1980. Sorry.Wrong. Nice try though, I see where you were going with that.[/quote]

No sir! You are wrong. In fact, I’ll bet you don’t even manage money. I think you were the young man that cleaned my golden toilets (which I sold at a great price at cashforgold.com) in my McMansion. No?