Who to become free from fember firms

3 replies [Last post]
nadgold's picture
Joined: 2007-06-20

Hi everybody!

Simple question. I'm interested in advising my clients on building a mutual funds based portfolio.
Do I have to take any other exam besides the Series 7?
Can I Just be a private rep, advising clients? or I need the 66 for that.


farotech's picture
Joined: 2007-01-05

"Who to become free from fember firms"
Regardless of your grammar and spelling, you only need the Series 6 to sell funds. You need the 7 to sell stocks and bonds. And you need the 66 to label yourself an "advisor."

OldLady's picture
Joined: 2006-11-19

And some states require the Series 63.  You will need to be affiliated with a broker/dealer to take these exams and work with clients, with these licenses.

anonymous's picture
Joined: 2005-09-29

He wants to advise clients.  There is no reason for him to affiliate with a B/D.  He doesn't need to take any exams that require B/D affilliation.

Please or Register to post comments.

Industry Newsletters
Investment Category Sponsor Links
Practice Management Category Sponsor Links

Sponsored Introduction Continue on to (or wait seconds) ×