Skip navigation

Where are the Series 7/66/24 Exams held?

or Register to post new content in the forum

25 RepliesJump to last post

Comments

• Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Mar 22, 2008 11:55 am
If employed by EJ, where are the license exams held? I presume all over the country.   How quickly are the results received?  
Mar 22, 2008 4:41 pm

Thanks for the info I had googled and found the prometric test centers but not the other, so most useful.

Mar 22, 2008 5:33 pm

You know the results immediately.  Although it feels like an eternity once you click submit it is only a few seconds.

Mar 22, 2008 8:53 pm

Do the results include a score or a pass/fail response?

Mar 22, 2008 9:04 pm

Yes.

Mar 22, 2008 9:19 pm

The good news is that I googled for Pearson test centers anf there are two within spitting distance … unlike Prometric … so the choice is a simple one. the thought of travelling 70+ miles before a 6 hour exam did NOT appeal to me …

Mar 22, 2008 9:22 pm

This thread reminds me of when I took the 66.  At the testing center they told me to be sure when I hit the score test button because you could not go back and any attempt to do so may erase the test score.  I hit the button the score test and 1,2,3,4,5 seconds…30 seconds…3 minutes… went by before I finally went out and asked the test supervisor what was going on.  She came in and looked at the computer, it had crashed.  Told me they would have to reboot and I probably lost the test, which would count as a fail although they would call someone to see if there was any way around that.  Thankfully, test was still there, and I passed.  If you think waiting a few seconds is an eternity…

Mar 22, 2008 9:28 pm

So Pearson is the best test center and EJ provides the best training material?

Mar 22, 2008 9:40 pm

Please search the boards for STC, Kaplan or passperfect regarding training materials.

Mar 23, 2008 3:12 am

Besides the computer glitch, I liked Prometric.  They did not make me take the required break for the 7.  I just wanted to get to the end as quickly as possible so I took the entire test straight through.

Mar 23, 2008 3:19 am

I do smoke but still did not want the break.  Maybe if I had used the entire 3 hours for the first half, I probably would have had a different opinion.

Mar 23, 2008 10:31 am

Six hours with a half hour break … are you imprisioned … or can you go study in between?

Mar 23, 2008 8:28 pm
btomba:

Six hours with a half hour break … are you imprisioned … or can you go study in between?

If you feel the need to study in between sessions, then don't take the test.   You should practice each practice exam as though they're insulting your intelligence by even asking the question!   Take practice exams from TWO providers so you can get a feel for different questions and different wording.   The GOOD practice exams are those that are MORE difficult than the actual exam.  This was one reason that I was so "giddy" during my testing.  It was a piece of cake - compared to the practice exams I was taking.   The day before - NO STUDYING.  If you don't know it by then, you don't know it --- and so you should be at peace with yourself for knowing what you don't know.  Remember, you're allowed to get 75 questions WRONG and still pass the exam.   For the record, I took about 1 hour for each session.  I had to take the 30 minute break - and I drove in my car to Del Taco for something to eat, then returned back again.  No issues.    I passed with an 80%.
Mar 23, 2008 10:35 pm

I’m one of those idiots who studied for a few minutes during the break. That is my weird personality, though.  It took all I had not to study the day before the exam.

Good luck!
Mar 24, 2008 1:38 am

[quote=btomba]

If employed by EJ, where are the license exams held? I presume all over the country.   How quickly are the results received?  [/quote]   wow are you a newbie ask your "handler" at jones.   FYI - no matter who sponsors you, the exams are in the same location.  results are provided within a few minutes.
Mar 24, 2008 2:03 am

Compliance,

What I did not say in the first place was I had found the prometric test centers and none were close to me. At that stage I did not know about the Peason test centers.   Ok Compliance, sorry for being Pedantic, but you have confused me "The exams are in the same location"  .. I thought you could take them at any prometric or Pearson test center anywhere  
Mar 25, 2008 12:58 pm

thanks iceco1d couldn’t have said it better myself.

btomba,  All these questions why aren't you asking your "handler" at ej?   so just to confuse you even more, ej may have a contract with only one of these testing centers and guess what you will have to go to that one.   as that kid on The Simpsons says " haha"   yep I'm in Compliance and yep I'm a jerk
Mar 25, 2008 1:23 pm

[quote=compliancejerk]

yep I'm in Compliance and yep I'm a jerk[/quote]   Yes, we are all VERY aware of both of those facts..
Mar 25, 2008 1:26 pm

[quote=bondo]I’m one of those idiots who studied for a few minutes during the break. That is my weird personality, though.  It took all I had not to study the day before the exam.

Good luck![/quote]   Me too.. I know it is just my personality too. I had a lot on the line. I left a good job for what i knew would be a even better job but I had to pass that damn test.. I did, with plenty of wiggle room.    Miss J
Mar 25, 2008 2:00 pm

[quote=btomba]

If employed by EJ, where are the license exams held? I presume all over the country.   How quickly are the results received?  [/quote]   miss jones,   why is btomba asking these questions on this forum instead of getting the answers from your employer?