What happened to voltmoie?

305 replies [Last post]
BerkshireBull's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-06-10

I miss his prospecting threads.Was he fired or did he get outed and then leave the boards?If he was outed and left how can wind post here and everyone knows who he is but voltmoie can not?

Ron 14's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-07-10

Something strange happened with these two. I haven't seen a post from either of them in a while. Im glad that we aren't hearing from windbag, but I agree with the good prospecting info and fun banter with Volt.

MsBroker's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-06-02

I agree. It's not as much fun here without my RR boyfriend. :)

Still@jones's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-03-22

I'm glad they are both gone...although, I am sure that one of them is stillhappy. They both threatened to out me....if only they knew who I really am. Maybe it's just that after one year at Jones, you go insane....and gay.

hotair1's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-03-12

Still@jones wrote:
I'm glad they are both gone...although, I am sure that one of them is stillhappy. They both threatened to out me....if only they knew who I really am. Maybe it's just that after one year at Jones, you go insane....and gay.
Says a failure...I thought Volt could be a pain in the ass but his insight helped me.  The rookie forum is worse for him not being here.

Still@jones's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-03-22

hotair1 wrote:

Still@jones wrote:
I'm glad they are both gone...although, I am sure that one of them is stillhappy. They both threatened to out me....if only they knew who I really am. Maybe it's just that after one year at Jones, you go insane....and gay.
Says a failure...I thought Volt could be a pain in the ass but his insight helped me.  The rookie forum is worse for him not being here.What do you do, mr success?

Ron 14's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-07-10

Still@jones wrote: hotair1 wrote: Still@jones wrote: I'm glad they are both gone...although, I am sure that one of them is stillhappy. They both threatened to out me....if only they knew who I really am. Maybe it's just that after one year at Jones, you go insane....and gay. Says a failure...I thought Volt could be a pain in the ass but his insight helped me.  The rookie forum is worse for him not being here.What do you do, mr success?
 
He does regional leaders.

BerkshireBull's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-06-10

Ron 14 wrote:Something strange happened with these two. I haven't seen a post from either of them in a while. Im glad that we aren't hearing from windbag, but I agree with the good prospecting info and fun banter with Volt. Do you think Spiff reported them to Management?

cyaEDJ's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-06-17

BerkshireBull wrote:
Ron 14 wrote:Something strange happened with these two. I haven't seen a post from either of them in a while. Im glad that we aren't hearing from windbag, but I agree with the good prospecting info and fun banter with Volt. Do you think Spiff reported them to Management?

They are both allowed to post here. Having my JD I can assure you legally Jones can't touch anything they do unless they post investment advice.

I miss both of their comments. As is the case with most forums a select group of pikers try to run it and when someone goes against their wishes people slam them. I suspect they are tearing it up sales wise and could careless about this forum.

Still@jones - I've read your comments / posts in the past. You're still@idiot

BerkshireBull's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-06-10

cyaEDJ wrote: BerkshireBull wrote:
Ron 14 wrote:Something strange happened with these two. I haven't seen a post from either of them in a while. Im glad that we aren't hearing from windbag, but I agree with the good prospecting info and fun banter with Volt. Do you think Spiff reported them to Management?

They are both allowed to post here. Having my JD I can assure you legally Jones can't touch anything they do unless they post investment advice.

I miss both of their comments. As is the case with most forums a select group of pikers try to run it and when someone goes against their wishes people slam them. I suspect they are tearing it up sales wise and could careless about this forum.

Still@jones - I've read your comments / posts in the past. You're still@idiot But if they were reported by one of the Jones guys here I'm sure Jones could "suggest" they not post here anylonger and they would leave the board.  I'm sure most of us who are not independent have companies that wouldn't want us posting here.

DeBolt's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-07-12

Send them a PM and ask. They both continue to visit the forum and you can see if you check their profile. For whatever reason they just choose to no longer post. I doubt Jones has anything to do with it.

Still@jones's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-03-22

cyaEDJ wrote: BerkshireBull wrote:
Ron 14 wrote:Something strange happened with these two. I haven't seen a post from either of them in a while. Im glad that we aren't hearing from windbag, but I agree with the good prospecting info and fun banter with Volt. Do you think Spiff reported them to Management?

They are both allowed to post here. Having my JD I can assure you legally Jones can't touch anything they do unless they post investment advice.

I miss both of their comments. As is the case with most forums a select group of pikers try to run it and when someone goes against their wishes people slam them. I suspect they are tearing it up sales wise and could careless about this forum.

Still@jones - I've read your comments / posts in the past. You're still@idiot I object!!!, counselor. ...pussy!

BerkshireBull's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-06-10

DeBolt wrote:Send them a PM and ask. They both continue to visit the forum and you can see if you check their profile. For whatever reason they just choose to no longer post. I doubt Jones has anything to do with it.

 
Good idea, but if they wanted us to know what they were doing surely they'd reply in this thread.  I'm guessing we may never know what came about with our departed freinds

MR.D's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-06-29

I'm guessing it doesn't matter to most. If you really want to know just call Windy at his office or PM him. He really added nothing to this forum, because he has no experience.

voltmoie's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-11-05

Sorry, I was on a div. trip with Windy. We had a great time and wow the room!

Hey Kool-Aid's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-03-30

mlgone wrote:voltmoie wrote:Sorry, I was on a div. trip with Windy. We had a great time and wow the room!
 

 
LOL...funny sh*t....is that a jealous Spiff in the background???? (Sorry Spiffy...couldn't resist!)

Spaceman Spiff's picture
Offline
Joined: 2006-08-08

 - no, I'm taller and not so asian. 
 
And for the record, I didn't "report" volt or wind to the Jones authorities.  I did, however, send a PM to the admin to say that the amount of gay comments on here was getting out of hand.  Seems like we couldn't have a decent argument around here without it getting into 5 pages of "you're so gay *&%$&#^..."  I was tired of it, so I sent the PM.  I'm sure I wasn't the only one. 

3rdyrp2's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-11-13

Spaceman Spiff wrote: I did, however, send a PM to the admin to say that the amount of gay comments on here was getting out of hand.  Seems like we couldn't have a decent argument around here without it getting into 5 pages of "you're so gay *&%$&#^..."  I was tired of it, so I sent the PM.  I'm sure I wasn't the only one. 
 
Spiff
 l
 l
 l
V
 

voltmoie's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-11-05

Spiff .. send as many PMs as you want, nellie.  All I have to do is pull out my Jone's manual and I can learn everything you know. The fact you are a homophobe is your issue, not mine.
 
For the record...  I have been busy planning my 2010 and laying the ground work for a heck of year.  Part of my plans have been to remove distractions from my life.  This board has been one of them.  Not to say I've not learned a few things but the time spent did not create an real return on investment. What can average producers teach when you aspire for greatness? (I mean that respectfully.)
 
So anyway, Jones has not asked me to stop posting here.  Nor will they ever.  I have not left the industry.  I've just kept my head down and have been doing the work. Happy to move into my office in January.
 
Good luck to everyone in the New Year.   
 
volt - 5.2mm under managment in 8 months working out of his car.  I'll update you in June of 2010. (not a dollar given to me)

Spaceman Spiff's picture
Offline
Joined: 2006-08-08

So, you're saying you're not a homophobe?  That means...
I will readily admit that I do not like to be around gay people.  They creep me out.  There's a reason God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah.  The juvenille locker room humor that was become the norm was too much. 
 
What are you talking about with the Jones manual? 
 
As to average producers, if you spent more time conversing with people like Rankstocks, YTREWQ, or BondGuy you might learn a thing or two about this business.  Even a relative rookie like ice has a lot of knowledge in his brain. 
 
However, I agree with you that you should spend less time here.  Especially since all of your time right now should be focused on growing your business.  Good luck to you in 2010.  

DCnew's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-11-29

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
So, you're saying you're not a homophobe?  That means...
I will readily admit that I do not like to be around gay people.  They creep me out.  There's a reason God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah.  The juvenille locker room humor that was become the norm was too much. 
 
What are you talking about with the Jones manual? 
 
As to average producers, if you spent more time conversing with people like Rankstocks, YTREWQ, or BondGuy you might learn a thing or two about this business.  Even a relative rookie like ice has a lot of knowledge in his brain. 
 
However, I agree with you that you should spend less time here.  Especially since all of your time right now should be focused on growing your business.  Good luck to you in 2010.  

voltmoie's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-11-05

Yes, I agree.  The board is MUCH better since I've left. When I need advice or counsil I'll pick the phone up and call people I know and respect.  Not screennames on a board.
I've typically found those most uncomfotable with gays have their own inner demons to deal with.
 

Merry Christmas

LockEDJ's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-07-06

Spaceman Spiff wrote: ...I will readily admit that I do not like to be around gay people.  They creep me out.  There's a reason God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah.  The juvenille locker room humor that was become the norm was too much

While the locker room humor is too much - because I don't think you should post anything here you wouldn't say directly to a client, insofar as this meant to be professional interaction - this goes toward gay-bashing.

For real? God punishes gay people, is what you're saying here??? First off ... not the place for that conversation, second ... you're a butthead.

B24's picture
B24
Offline
Joined: 2008-07-08

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
I will readily admit that I do not like to be around gay people.  They creep me out.  There's a reason God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah. 

 
Seriously?
 
First off, if you knew the origin of the names Sodom and Gomorrah, it would become clear that they were only given these names in retrospect, and that the entire story is fictitious.  And the premise of the story is debated anyway.
 
Dude, it's scary to think that people still think this way.   
 
Why don't we just hate black people?  I mean, geez, they used to be slaves.

Spaceman Spiff's picture
Offline
Joined: 2006-08-08

Yes, seriously.
 
First, slaves are slaves not out of free will.  People don't choose to become slaves.  They are forced into it.  The same cannot be said for gay people.  People who are gay make a choice to be that way.  Not a good comparison. 
 
Second, calling a Biblical passage ficticious is a slippery slope.  If the passage about Sodom and Gomorrah is wrong, then the rest of the book might as well be also.  So, you are basically calling Moses, the author of the book of Genesis, a liar.  I'm not sure what church you go to, but in mine, that's not cool. 
 
The only people I know that would have any reason to say that the story of Abraham and the city of Sodom and Gomorrah is ficticious would be someone who doesn't believe that homosexuality is wrong.  I find it interesting that the Bible gets sliced and diced when it's not convenient.  Don't like the passage about getting drunk with wine - well, they didn't really mean it.  Don't like the passage about getting divorced - well, they didn't really mean me, did they?  Don't like the passage about pastors being men - well, it was a different society back then, so oppressive to women. 
 
Lock - Here is as good a place as any.  God destroyed the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah because Abraham couldn't find any righteous people in them, save Lot and his family.  The main reason was because of their immoral behavior, otherwise known as homosexuality.  There are dozens of verses that talk about how God detests homosexuality.  Leviticus 18 is all about who not to sleep with.  It specifically says, in v.22, that men are not to lay with other men as with a woman.  My Bible says "that is detestable." 
 
Do I believe that God punishes gay people.  Not specifically in the way that he did with the city of Sodom.  But, yes, I do believe that homosexuals, along with a bunch of other folks, myself included, will have to answer for the things we have chosen to do in our lives.  This could get into a very deep theological discussion at this point, so I'll stop there. 
 
You can choose to believe what you want about homosexuality.  Gay people still creep me out. 

JackBlack's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-08-26

Spaceman Spiff:
Pease talk to some who is gay. Most if not all gay people will say that the thier sexual orientation is NOT a choice, it is just the way they are made.

Hey Kool-Aid's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-03-30

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Yes, seriously.
 
First, slaves are slaves not out of free will.  People don't choose to become slaves.  They are forced into it.  The same cannot be said for gay people.  People who are gay make a choice to be that way.  Not a good comparison. 
 
Second, calling a Biblical passage ficticious is a slippery slope.  If the passage about Sodom and Gomorrah is wrong, then the rest of the book might as well be also.  So, you are basically calling Moses, the author of the book of Genesis, a liar.  I'm not sure what church you go to, but in mine, that's not cool. 
 
The only people I know that would have any reason to say that the story of Abraham and the city of Sodom and Gomorrah is ficticious would be someone who doesn't believe that homosexuality is wrong.  I find it interesting that the Bible gets sliced and diced when it's not convenient.  Don't like the passage about getting drunk with wine - well, they didn't really mean it.  Don't like the passage about getting divorced - well, they didn't really mean me, did they?  Don't like the passage about pastors being men - well, it was a different society back then, so oppressive to women. 
 
Lock - Here is as good a place as any.  God destroyed the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah because Abraham couldn't find any righteous people in them, save Lot and his family.  The main reason was because of their immoral behavior, otherwise known as homosexuality.  There are dozens of verses that talk about how God detests homosexuality.  Leviticus 18 is all about who not to sleep with.  It specifically says, in v.22, that men are not to lay with other men as with a woman.  My Bible says "that is detestable." 
 
Do I believe that God punishes gay people.  Not specifically in the way that he did with the city of Sodom.  But, yes, I do believe that homosexuals, along with a bunch of other folks, myself included, will have to answer for the things we have chosen to do in our lives.  This could get into a very deep theological discussion at this point, so I'll stop there. 
 
You can choose to believe what you want about homosexuality.  Gay people still creep me out. 
 
 
Funny....religious people creep me out way more than gays!  Anyone that chooses to believe that some guy raised his arms and parted the ocean should be committed as far as i'm concerned!
 
 

B24's picture
B24
Offline
Joined: 2008-07-08

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Yes, seriously.
 
First, slaves are slaves not out of free will.  People don't choose to become slaves.  They are forced into it.  The same cannot be said for gay people.  People who are gay make a choice to be that way.  Not a good comparison. 
 
Second, calling a Biblical passage ficticious is a slippery slope.  If the passage about Sodom and Gomorrah is wrong, then the rest of the book might as well be also.  So, you are basically calling Moses, the author of the book of Genesis, a liar.  I'm not sure what church you go to, but in mine, that's not cool. 
 
The only people I know that would have any reason to say that the story of Abraham and the city of Sodom and Gomorrah is ficticious would be someone who doesn't believe that homosexuality is wrong.  I find it interesting that the Bible gets sliced and diced when it's not convenient.  Don't like the passage about getting drunk with wine - well, they didn't really mean it.  Don't like the passage about getting divorced - well, they didn't really mean me, did they?  Don't like the passage about pastors being men - well, it was a different society back then, so oppressive to women. 
 
Lock - Here is as good a place as any.  God destroyed the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah because Abraham couldn't find any righteous people in them, save Lot and his family.  The main reason was because of their immoral behavior, otherwise known as homosexuality.  There are dozens of verses that talk about how God detests homosexuality.  Leviticus 18 is all about who not to sleep with.  It specifically says, in v.22, that men are not to lay with other men as with a woman.  My Bible says "that is detestable." 
 
Do I believe that God punishes gay people.  Not specifically in the way that he did with the city of Sodom.  But, yes, I do believe that homosexuals, along with a bunch of other folks, myself included, will have to answer for the things we have chosen to do in our lives.  This could get into a very deep theological discussion at this point, so I'll stop there. 
 
You can choose to believe what you want about homosexuality.  Gay people still creep me out. 
 
I don't even know where to start. 
 
It's 2009 dude.  People used to believe a lot of things.

Spaceman Spiff's picture
Offline
Joined: 2006-08-08

Jack - I will respectfully disagree with you.  If God would have wanted men to sleep with men he would have given half of them vaginas.   

 
See, in order to believe that a person is born gay, you would have to believe that his creator made him that way.  So, you would have to believe that God would, by his own choosing, create that person that way.  If you believe that God is perfect in all the things that he does, as I do, you would know intuitively that God would not design a person to be born gay.  He does give us a free will, which means we get to make our own choices and decisions in life.  If the choice is to be gay, then well, it's your choice.  I'm going to tell you that my Bible says that you're making a bad choice, but then you don't have to answer to me.   
 
 

Spaceman Spiff's picture
Offline
Joined: 2006-08-08

B24 wrote:
 
I don't even know where to start. 
 
It's 2009 dude.  People used to believe a lot of things.
 
You're right.  People used to believe a lot of things.   Like there were things that were right and there were things that were wrong.  We don't really do that anymore.  It's called moral relativism.  What's wrong for you to do might be OK for me to do if my circumstances are different than yours.
 
I grew up in a very conservative, very religious family.  I have maintained that lifestyle and am in the process of passing it on to my kids.  It doesn't suprise me that you guys think I'm out of touch with society because I believe the things I do.  That's fine.  I have my morality standards and you have yours. 

Spaceman Spiff's picture
Offline
Joined: 2006-08-08

mlgone wrote:Spaceman Spiff wrote:Jack - I will respectfully disagree with you.  If God would have wanted men to sleep with men he would have given half of them vaginas.   

 
See, in order to believe that a person is born gay, you would have to believe that his creator made him that way.  So, you would have to believe that God would, by his own choosing, create that person that way.  If you believe that God is perfect in all the things that he does, as I do, you would know intuitively that God would not design a person to be born gay.  He does give us a free will, which means we get to make our own choices and decisions in life.  If the choice is to be gay, then well, it's your choice.  I'm going to tell you that my Bible says that you're making a bad choice, but then you don't have to answer to me.   
 
 

you are burying yourself
 
How so?  Is my reasoning flawed?
 
It's difficult to discuss creation with someone who doesn't believe there is a God who is perfect and who doesn't make mistakes when He creates things. 

B24's picture
B24
Offline
Joined: 2008-07-08

Spaceman Spiff wrote:Jack - I will respectfully disagree with you.  If God would have wanted men to sleep with men he would have given half of them vaginas.   

 
See, in order to believe that a person is born gay, you would have to believe that his creator made him that way.  So, you would have to believe that God would, by his own choosing, create that person that way.  If you believe that God is perfect in all the things that he does, as I do, you would know intuitively that God would not design a person to be born gay.  He does give us a free will, which means we get to make our own choices and decisions in life.  If the choice is to be gay, then well, it's your choice.  I'm going to tell you that my Bible says that you're making a bad choice, but then you don't have to answer to me.   
 
 
Hmmmm.  My niece didn't "choose" to have a collapsed lung and die at birth.  My friend didn't "choose" to get buried under rubble at 1 WTC.  My father didn't "choose" to have a heart defect.  My cousin didn't "choose" to be born mentally retarded.  Wow, that's the work of God?  THAT'S perfection? 
I think it is the religious nutjobs like yourself that use the "God is perfect" argument when it is convenient, and write everything else off.  That's right, God doesn't have control over the "bad" things.  You just let him take credit for the "good" things (at least, those things that you believe to be bad or good).
 
Spiff, you just lost all credibility on this board.  Your time's up.  And it's not for your beliefs.  It's for your attitude about your beliefs and everyone elses.
 
Bye Spiff.
 

Spaceman Spiff's picture
Offline
Joined: 2006-08-08

mlgone wrote:Spaceman Spiff wrote:B24 wrote:
 
I don't even know where to start. 
 
It's 2009 dude.  People used to believe a lot of things.
 
You're right.  People used to believe a lot of things.   Like there were things that were right and there were things that were wrong.  We don't really do that anymore.  It's called moral relativism.  What's wrong for you to do might be OK for me to do if my circumstances are different than yours.
 
I grew up in a very conservative, very religious family.  I have maintained that lifestyle and am in the process of passing it on to my kids.  It doesn't suprise me that you guys think I'm out of touch with society because I believe the things I do.  That's fine.  I have my morality standards and you have yours. 
 
Would be a shame if one of your siblings turned out gay, huh?
 
Yes, it would.  But that would be their choice.  At the end of the day, I would still love them.  I would point out to them as many times as they would listen that their lifestyle choice is wrong and  I would point them to numerous verses in the Bible that would back up my opinions, but I would still love them.  It would still creep me out, but I'd love them anyway. 

Ron 14's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-07-10

Spaceman Spiff wrote:B24 wrote:
 
I don't even know where to start. 
 
It's 2009 dude.  People used to believe a lot of things.
 
You're right.  People used to believe a lot of things.   Like there were things that were right and there were things that were wrong.  We don't really do that anymore.  It's called moral relativism.  What's wrong for you to do might be OK for me to do if my circumstances are different than yours.
 
I grew up in a very conservative, very religious family.  I have maintained that lifestyle and am in the process of passing it on to my kids.  It doesn't suprise me that you guys think I'm out of touch with society because I believe the things I do.  That's fine.  I have my morality standards and you have yours. 
 
For what it is worth Spiff I agree a 100% with everything you have said on this thread. Good for you. There is God and there is the God that people have created in their own minds in order to feel comfortable with their own life. I wish them luck, they will need it.

WarRoom's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-10-25

God is dead

WarRoom's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-10-25

Spiff hates jews by his own admission.

B24's picture
B24
Offline
Joined: 2008-07-08

Ron 14 wrote:Spaceman Spiff wrote:B24 wrote:
 
I don't even know where to start. 
 
It's 2009 dude.  People used to believe a lot of things.
 
You're right.  People used to believe a lot of things.   Like there were things that were right and there were things that were wrong.  We don't really do that anymore.  It's called moral relativism.  What's wrong for you to do might be OK for me to do if my circumstances are different than yours.
 
I grew up in a very conservative, very religious family.  I have maintained that lifestyle and am in the process of passing it on to my kids.  It doesn't suprise me that you guys think I'm out of touch with society because I believe the things I do.  That's fine.  I have my morality standards and you have yours. 
 
For what it is worth Spiff I agree a 100% with everything you have said on this thread. Good for you. There is God and there is the God that people have created in their own minds in order to feel comfortable with their own life. I wish them luck, they will need it.
 
So why is it that so many priests are caught fondling little boys?  I have a conservative nutjob in my extended family, and everytime I ask him this question, he mumbles something and walks away.  Life just ain't perfect, is it?  That's right.  Perfection when it's convenient.

Ron 14's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-07-10

B24 wrote:Spaceman Spiff wrote:Jack - I will respectfully disagree with you.  If God would have wanted men to sleep with men he would have given half of them vaginas.   

 
See, in order to believe that a person is born gay, you would have to believe that his creator made him that way.  So, you would have to believe that God would, by his own choosing, create that person that way.  If you believe that God is perfect in all the things that he does, as I do, you would know intuitively that God would not design a person to be born gay.  He does give us a free will, which means we get to make our own choices and decisions in life.  If the choice is to be gay, then well, it's your choice.  I'm going to tell you that my Bible says that you're making a bad choice, but then you don't have to answer to me.   
 
 
Hmmmm.  My niece didn't "choose" to have a collapsed lung and die at birth.  My friend didn't "choose" to get buried under rubble at 1 WTC.  My father didn't "choose" to have a heart defect.  My cousin didn't "choose" to be born mentally retarded.  Wow, that's the work of God?  THAT'S perfection? 
I think it is the religious nutjobs like yourself that use the "God is perfect" argument when it is convenient, and write everything else off.  That's right, God doesn't have control over the "bad" things.  You just let him take credit for the "good" things (at least, those things that you believe to be bad or good).
 
Spiff, you just lost all credibility on this board.  Your time's up.  And it's not for your beliefs.  It's for your attitude about your beliefs and everyone elses.
 
Bye Spiff.
 
 
B24 - You don't define logic, he does. He has control over the bad things and the good things. What is learned through the difficulties that many experience often spawn unbelievable progressions in human life. Your niece is in a much better place.

Ron 14's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-07-10

Who the hell ever said life on earth is supposed to be perfect ?

B24's picture
B24
Offline
Joined: 2008-07-08

I need a beer.

Spaceman Spiff's picture
Offline
Joined: 2006-08-08

B24 wrote:Spaceman Spiff wrote:Jack - I will respectfully disagree with you.  If God would have wanted men to sleep with men he would have given half of them vaginas.   

 
See, in order to believe that a person is born gay, you would have to believe that his creator made him that way.  So, you would have to believe that God would, by his own choosing, create that person that way.  If you believe that God is perfect in all the things that he does, as I do, you would know intuitively that God would not design a person to be born gay.  He does give us a free will, which means we get to make our own choices and decisions in life.  If the choice is to be gay, then well, it's your choice.  I'm going to tell you that my Bible says that you're making a bad choice, but then you don't have to answer to me.   
 
 
Hmmmm.  My niece didn't "choose" to have a collapsed lung and die at birth.  My friend didn't "choose" to get buried under rubble at 1 WTC.  My father didn't "choose" to have a heart defect.  My cousin didn't "choose" to be born mentally retarded.  Wow, that's the work of God?  THAT'S perfection? 
I think it is the religious nutjobs like yourself that use the "God is perfect" argument when it is convenient, and write everything else off.  That's right, God doesn't have control over the "bad" things.  You just let him take credit for the "good" things (at least, those things that you believe to be bad or good).
 
Spiff, you just lost all credibility on this board.  Your time's up.  And it's not for your beliefs.  It's for your attitude about your beliefs and everyone elses.
 
Bye Spiff.
 
 
I realize that the further we go with this conversation, the less you think of me.  That's fine.  We have a difference of opinion about life, creation, and who is in control.  I am steadfast in my beliefs as you are in yours.  It's just that we're on different sides of the table. 
 
Just to clear things up, I believe God is control of ALL things.  Not just the good.  I don't pretend to know why babies die.  I don't pretend to know why your friend happened to be in WTC 1 on 9/11 and why he didn't make it out.  Or why you have a mentally retarded cousin.  I do believe that I know who does.  And He is the only person, this side of the hereafter, who will ever know why those things happened.  And so, yes, all of those things are the work of a perfect God. 
 
If you want to consider me a religious nutjob from here on out, so be it. 
 

Spaceman Spiff's picture
Offline
Joined: 2006-08-08

WarRoom wrote:God is dead
 
So said Nietzsche in his work The Gay Science.  Ironic, huh. 

B24's picture
B24
Offline
Joined: 2008-07-08

Again, it's not so much your beliefs as it is the way you pronounce your rightousness.
 
And again you are using the same lame excuse, as does every other religious nutjob, "welllllll, God does everything for a reason, aaaaand, we are all beautiful and perfect, but, hey, if we could talk to God, he would tell us why he fukced it up."
 
I just consider you very, very naive.
 
And again, I need a beer.

Ron 14's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-07-10

Here is a classic example of society today. Bash the sh*t out of the guy who stands by his beliefs, but don't make any attempt to reveal yours. Atheists, agnostics, what ?

B24's picture
B24
Offline
Joined: 2008-07-08

Ron 14 wrote:
Here is a classic example of society today. Bash the sh*t out of the guy who stands by his beliefs, but don't make any attempt to reveal yours. Atheists, agnostics, what ?
 
Ron, we can debate religion all day long.  I am Catholic.  I REALLY don't care.  I do believe this was not the place to start spreading hatred.  THAT is what I have against Spiffy, not his religious beliefs.  My father-in-law is extremely religious.  If I asked him, I BET he would say EXACTLY what Spiff is saying.  But he doesn't walk around saying "You're gay, I hate you."  NO.  He doesn't.  He has met some people that are gay.  He is very pleasant to them.  He has befriended them.  And he does not hate them.  I am certain he does not agree with or approve of their lifestyles.  But he also has the common sense and decency to know that it is inappropriate and shameful to express views that he KNOWS are offensive and oppressive.  And he is 84.

Ron 14's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-07-10

I may be wrong, but I don't believe the word "hate" was ever used by Spiff. If it was I am sure he knows that is wrong. He said he is uncomfortable around gays. You can't choose a religion and then pick through what you do and do not believe. Being gay is a sin. So is lusting after the hot teller that just walked by. All sins are treated equally. I cannot just choose to ignore the lust sin because I am a more frequent violater.
 
You have also labeled Spiff naive. Naive by definition is lacking experience. If you claim to be Catholic, but don't follow the doctrine you would be the naive one.

Spaceman Spiff's picture
Offline
Joined: 2006-08-08

B - where did I say I hated anyone?  I said gay people creep me out.  That's a lot different than hating them.  I think your father in law and I would get along well.  I don't go around telling random people who are gay that they shouldn't be.  I wouldn't say I've exactly been friends with any gay people, but I have worked with a few guys who were.  We were friendly and professional, but I didn't pull my pocket version of the Bible out and start hitting them with it. 
Human beings are far from perfect in the way we act.  That doesn't mean that we aren't created exactly the way God wants us to be.  I don't know if Catholics believe in free will or not, but that one premise alone can go a long way in explaining why there are bad things that happen in this world.  It's not a perfect place.  Hasn't been since Adam and Eve got kicked out of the garden.  It's also not the worst it's ever been.  Of course you'd have to believe in that story in Genesis about the flood.  The point of that story was that even though God created a perfect place for us, WE screwed it up.  Not Him.
This religious nutjob is heading home for the weekend.  I doubt you'll see me here until after Christmas.  Saturnalia for those of you who don't believe in the birth of the Chirst child. 
 
Merry Christmas everyone! 
 
 

ml - I like the new tagline. 

BigCheese's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-07-13

Spiff-
 
Even if you feel that way why bring it up. You aren't living up to your tagline!

B24's picture
B24
Offline
Joined: 2008-07-08

Beer me.

JackBlack's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-08-26

Spaceman Spiff:
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> 
If you believe, that God is All Knowing (Omniscient) and All-Powerful (Omnipotent) it follows that, there cannot be free will.
 
If God created me knowing what choice I would make, how do I have free will? He created me in such a way that I am predestined to make every choice I make. God is perfect and make no mistakes so he created me knowing what choice I will make, and being a perfect being made me as I am, so he created me to fail?  If God wanted to, he created me so I would not have chosen to be gay, but he did not God made me in such a way that He know that I would choose to be gay, and then he send me to hell. Remember God is Omniscient and Omnipotent, so he knowing creates people is such a way that he knows that they will chose and action that sends them to hell, I do not call that good, I call that evil.

BerkshireBull's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-06-10

You big city guys are too easily offended.  There are a lot of people in my part of the upper Midwest with opinions similar to Spiff on the issue.  I don't think he's said anything outrageous but I must be in the minority...

Please or Register to post comments.

Industry Newsletters
Investment Category Sponsor Links

 

Careers Category Sponsor Links

Sponsored Introduction Continue on to (or wait seconds) ×