What about Gunn Allen Financial

19 replies [Last post]
troll's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-29

Right, and you're not posting this because you're too cheap or too poor to buy an ad for your firm?

blarmston's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-02-26

Your firm is garbage.... Everyone in the industry knows this....

GunnAllen's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-01-12

thank you i am glad you are everyone..

 

Philo Kvetch's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-05-17

First of all, are you asking because you're thinking of going to work there, or
are you asking as an oblique way of recruiting?

troll's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-29

Philo Kvetch wrote:First of all, are you asking because you're thinking of going to work there, or
are you asking as an oblique way of recruiting?Philo-look at his profile.

Philo Kvetch's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-05-17

joedabrkr wrote:
Philo Kvetch wrote:First of all, are you asking because you're thinking of
going to work there, or
are you asking as an oblique way of recruiting?Philo-look at his
profile.

Ah yes. I see.

BUY AN AD, PIKER!

now_indy's picture
Offline
Joined: 2006-07-28

GunnAllen wrote:
thank you i am glad you are everyone..

 

Um, yeah, I agree totally

Reggin's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-09-03

Your firm sucks.  Buy an ad, piker.

GunnAllen's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-01-12

All i need at this point is an series 11 in a recruiter position to get paid and i am in the procees of crashing for the 7 but with 2 kids wife 2 jobs and god only know the other stuff it is going to be tight..but i would like to get my 7 A.S.A.P.  that seems to be the money pit..
 

troll's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-29

GunnAllen wrote:i want to thank  you for all of your replies it was not really what i was looking to get back..but non the less at least a reply.
I am really glad i know that those of you who did reply with buy an ad or piker are actually telling grown people what to do with there money and i am pretty sure a couple of you spent a ton of hours getting your series 7 and etc...but yet as smart as you are you cant just answer the post correctly .all i asked is what do you think of gunnallen.it was not a hard question. i was not trying to be sneaky i have gunnallen as my name on the post.I just wanted a honest researchable reply so i can use it when i am recruiting..you see you are the guys or gals that bash other firms when trying to get a new client not knowing you are really just hurting yourself and your firm..so for you senior members on here with i think one of you had over 3000 post i am glad to know you are the ones giving advice to new folks trying to get into the business..
i hope and wish all of you well.and maybe one day i will by an ad but never would i call someone a piker it must be a senior member thing...An honest reply?  Your firm has a really really bad reputation and is trying to reinvent itself.Given that their recruiter has to take a second job to feed his family, I gather they still have some work to do in improving their image.Your post was in fact somewhat deceptive because you posed it as if you were a newby looking for information about GunnAllen, when in fact you are a paid recruiter for the firm.  This would create the (deceptive) impression that there are newbies out there enthused about your "college" program.  You have been caught in a lie, so don't act shocked by the responses.Good luck on your series 7.  I can't figure out what the heck you mean by "money pit", or perhaps I'm more disturbed by what I THINK you mean by the comment.

troll's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-29

GunnAllen wrote:
Again thanks for your reply.Reinvent itself ? I guess then We are not doing that bad @ recruiting last i checked we are ranked in the top 20 with 887 reps 270 locations and the number keeps growing (investment news)..the only fine we have had we just paid for 100k maybe that fine made us have a bad rep but i dont think so. i would maybe take a look at the other firms that we are in same group as or check who you are comparing us to and i am sure they are in the millions..and why not have a second job working 15 hours a week and make 30k a year..there is your 1 track thinking again all about i wonder what gunnallen pays him or why would he have a second job or we still have work to do @ gunnallen...See you are more worried about what  New car or New pool your next door Neighbor just bought so you can 1 up him..when all i am trying to do is get a honest reply from someone..like why is GunnAllen trying to reinvent itself what happened ? I need the answers. But instead you judge someone because they are not doing as well as you or maybe I am..I am a good guy ,not trying to be (deceptive) even a newbie can figure that out, are you saying the newbies are (dumb) , I am upfront with everything.. And by now I am sure you have also looked and did research on gunnallen and our new college program ..oh you dont have to say it pretty impressive right. Ave rep grows there book by 150k net a year with the program. and by using the term money pit I mean I see persons coming into our firm with lets say a very large book of business and to get that you need or is good to have a series 7..
 
Again thank you !

What is the average production of your reps?
Word of caution: I already know the answer.
 

blarmston's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-02-26

This guy has the writing skills of a fourth grader... Some impressive brain power over there at G.A

troll's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-29

GunnAllen wrote:
Our top producer is over 5 million but on the ave i would say around 170k
anD I am ON A CHat siTe BeINg Called a piker By ProFeSsIONALS i am REally Not WORRIED ABOUT MY WRITTING ...tHANKS blarmmer.. And the next time the mets win a world series you and i and our kids will be long gone...but there is nothing wrong with wishful thinking..
 
Again Thank you for your reply ..keep them coming i still have not received any info i can use in my research..

I have to admit to a mistake. I had your firm mixed up with HD Vest. Their average is about $30,000. My bad. I believe your number.

GunnAllen's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-01-12

thank you ..listen I am sorry if I stepped on the wrong toes in this forum I was just wanting to get some feedback..I am probably going to get into trouble for putting these post on here but all i wanted to find out is if anyone had any good or bad things to say about my firm GunnAllen .So i think i will just read the very good topics from now on rather than post anything ..
Alot of the stuff on here is very helpful on learning the business..
Again I am sorry have great and succsessful Careers and again please for anyone looking to make a change Please Give
GunnAllen A look...
thanks
Mauro

troll's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-29

GunnAllen wrote:Again thanks for your reply.Reinvent itself ? I guess then We are not doing that bad @ recruiting last i checked we are ranked in the top 20 with 887 reps 270 locations and the number keeps growing (investment news)..the only fine we have had we just paid for 100k maybe that fine made us have a bad rep but i dont think so. i would maybe take a look at the other firms that we are in same group as or check who you are comparing us to and i am sure they are in the millions..and why not have a second job working 15 hours a week and make 30k a year..there is your 1 track thinking again all about i wonder what gunnallen pays him or why would he have a second job or we still have work to do @ gunnallen...See you are more worried about what  New car or New pool your next door Neighbor just bought so you can 1 up him..when all i am trying to do is get a honest reply from someone..like why is GunnAllen trying to reinvent itself what happened ? I need the answers. But instead you judge someone because they are not doing as well as you or maybe I am..I am a good guy ,not trying to be (deceptive) even a newbie can figure that out, are you saying the newbies are (dumb) , I am upfront with everything.. And by now I am sure you have also looked and did research on gunnallen and our new college program ..oh you dont have to say it pretty impressive right. Ave rep grows there book by 150k net a year with the program. and by using the term money pit I mean I see persons coming into our firm with lets say a very large book of business and to get that you need or is good to have a series 7..
 
Again thank you !No I'm not especially impressed by your college program.Don't ask for feedback and then get upset if you get an honest answer that isn't one you like.

FreedomLvr's picture
Offline
Joined: 2006-02-10

Investment News (Jan 29, 2007) has Gunn Allen at 29th largest indy b/d (ranked by reps, 848).  #20 was/is Intersecurities with 1,492 reps.

AirForce's picture
Offline
Joined: 2006-10-12

Gunn Allen SUCKS. I was going to join their firm and they screwed up my registration and everything else.

Also their service sucked. We would call and have to wait for a week to get a response.

Some of the problem could have been the RR, but I was extremly frustrated with the support.

Now I am with a great BD and its not Gunn Allen. THe good thing is I learned what its like to have horrible support.

Good luck with your job and look for a different company

troll's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-29

AirForce wrote:Gunn Allen SUCKS. I was going to join their firm and they screwed up my registration and everything else.

Also their service sucked. We would call and have to wait for a week to get a response.

Some of the problem could have been the RR, but I was extremly frustrated with the support.

Now I am with a great BD and its not Gunn Allen. THe good thing is I learned what its like to have horrible support.

Good luck with your job and look for a different companyAF he already works for Gunn Allen.  He is surreptitiously pimpin' them out without paying for an ad.

noggin's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-30

Gunn Allen rocks.....Why not be independent and make 40% payout???? Independence and wirehouse payout, what's not to love???

Sampson's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-04-03

Wow. I bet a few people I know over at GAF are flipping over the compliance ramifications this could have...
 
Lay Low Mauro my boy...

Please or Register to post comments.

Industry Newsletters
Careers Category Sponsor Links

Sponsored Introduction Continue on to (or wait seconds) ×