Hi! I am new to this forum but I have read many of the posts. They were very helpful. I am considering transitioning into this field but had several questions before jumping in. I have read that about 80% or 90% fail in this particular training program. If it matters any, I am young professional located in Texas.What can I expect from Morgan Stanley's Reach for Excellence training program? I have applied to be a financial advisor in their Global Wealth Management department.
- Will there much training in sales or other tools for being a successful advisor? Or is is more about their products?
- How long does the training last?
- Do you get much time to study for the tests at work, or do they expect you study on your own time?
- When do you have to take the tests?
- How long do you have to work for MS in order to not be pursued for training fees should you decide to leave?
- Does MS provide any lists of people for prospecting?
- How does MS encourage new FA's do to get business? Is it more your personal network or cold calling?
- What is the typical number of hours a new FA can expect to work?
- What can I expect my salary to be for the first two years, approx $40K?
I know this is a long list of questions. I really do appreciate your help, even if you only have time to answer a few questions.Many thanks!!