Life Insurance

16 replies [Last post]
BankFC's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-05-27

Ahh, the one appointment sales...
Just met with a couple, both did apps for $500,000 in life insurance right then...nice  
Probably get a $200,000 NQ account out of them too...thinking SMA.

skeedaddy's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-06-16

Do you experience a big difference in final policy premium vs. the inital
quote? I ask because I've had a few surprises this year quoting life.

BankFC's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-05-27

We just submitted the apps today...I quoted them the range (standard non smoker to preferred non smoker for both) so hopefully no real surprises.  We won't know the actual premium until after the Paramed and the underwriting.
Which carriers are you placing business with if you don't mind me asking?

skeedaddy's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-06-16

Protective Life and GE. Its just that the premiums were way off the quotes I
gave.

troll's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-29

BankFC wrote:
Ahh, the one appointment sales...
Just met with a couple, both did apps for $500,000 in life insurance right then...nice  
Probably get a $200,000 NQ account out of them too...thinking SMA.

Why would you put an entire 200k account in one SMA?  That's not terribly diversified is it?

skeedaddy's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-06-16

Joe,
Joe,
Joe, let's not start that sh*t again.

troll's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-29

skeedaddy wrote:Joe, Joe, Joe, let's not start that sh*t again.
 
Not trying to start any sh*te....asking an honest, sincere question.
One manager, one style.  Is that really diversified?

troll's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-29

joedabrkr wrote:
skeedaddy wrote:Joe, Joe, Joe, let's not start that sh*t again.
 
Not trying to start any sh*te....asking an honest, sincere question.
One manager, one style.  Is that really diversified?

I assumed he was talking about an SMA account that combined several managers and styles.

Duke#1's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-12-06

I assumed he was talking about an SMA account that combined several managers and styles.

Ditto for me.  Joe, why assume the worst & attack on that basis?  The glass isn't always half empty my friend.

skeedaddy's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-06-16

Its just that the subject has been discussed all year long on this forum. Let
the guy learn his craft. Besides you don't know anything about the client.
Maybe $200K is only 10-20% of the client's portfolio.   

troll's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-29

Duke#1 wrote:

I assumed he was talking about an SMA account that combined several managers and styles.

Ditto for me.  Joe, why assume the worst & attack on that basis?  The glass isn't always half empty my friend.

Dogpile on Joe? 
Hey seriously guys, I was really just asking the question, not trying to attack.  Take a second look at my post.
My question has not yet been answered, either.

blarmston's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-02-26

Jeez JoeDaMan- you are such a boob...  I tell ya.. A real boob....

BankFC's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-05-27

Joe...
Come on now...why would you ask that?  The husband has $650,000 in this 401K, and the wife has a little over $100,000 in hers.  I'm helping them allocate both, so i think it will be okay to go with an SMA...
Don't be so quick to judge!!!

BankFC's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-05-27

joedabrkr wrote:Duke#1 wrote:

I assumed he was talking about an SMA account that combined several managers and styles.

Ditto for me.  Joe, why assume the worst & attack on that basis?  The glass isn't always half empty my friend.

Dogpile on Joe? 
Hey seriously guys, I was really just asking the question, not trying to attack.  Take a second look at my post.
My question has not yet been answered, either.

Sorry i didn't answer fast enough Joe...I'm trying to actually do some work today 

troll's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-29

BankFC wrote:
Joe...
Come on now...why would you ask that?  The husband has $650,000 in this 401K, and the wife has a little over $100,000 in hers.  I'm helping them allocate both, so i think it will be okay to go with an SMA...
Don't be so quick to judge!!!

No worried man, I'm not judgin'...go get your work done man.
Polishing the brass doorhandles in the lobby today?

BankFC's picture
Offline
Joined: 2005-05-27

If it gets me another day like yesterday...why not.  

troll's picture
Offline
Joined: 2004-11-29

BankFC wrote:If it gets me another day like yesterday...why not.  
Good for you then!
 
I'm busy setting up my expenses on quickbooks....which I suppose is one of the drawbacks of being indy.    Hey never said it was perfect!

Please or Register to post comments.

Industry Newsletters
Investment Category Sponsor Links

 

Careers Category Sponsor Links

Sponsored Introduction Continue on to (or wait seconds) ×