Forum Change - Unless I never see any of you again

12 replies [Last post]
gethardgetraw's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-10-22

I address you tonight not as the gethardgetraw of the Registered Rep. forums, not as one among the thousands of all rookies out there cold calling, but as a citizen of humanity. We are faced with the very gravest of challenges - the forum change of 2010. The Bible calls this day "Armageddon" - the end of all things. And yet, for the first time in the history of the forums, we, the posters, have the technology, no - the grit, to prevent its own extinction. All of you praying with us need to know that everything that can be done to prevent this disaster is being called into service. The broker's thirst for excellence, knowledge; every step up the ladder of making that one sale; every adventurous reach into corporate directories; all of our combined modern technologies and BondNets; even the wars that we've fought have provided us the tools to wage this terrible battle. Through all of the chaos that is our history; through all of the wrongs and the discord; through all of the pain and suffering of threads starting off as a debate on insurance carriers and inevitably gravitating towards the many controversies attributed to Edward Jones; through all of our times, there is one thing that has nourished our souls, and elevated our species above its origins, and that is our courage. Courage, the very thing that kills call reluctance, that allows who can only be described as kids still wet behind the ears to walk up to strangers' houses and ask them for a second opinion on their IRA's. Courage, it allows the dreams of an entire forum's souls to travel as high as the heavens. And may we all, posters of the Registered Rep. forums, see this forum change through. God speed admin, and good luck to us all.

Mr. Sunshine's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-08-05

Ease up on the adderall

Sportsfreakbob's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-08-24

GHGR, my opinion of you is confirmed

Squash1's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-11-19

Sportsfreakbob wrote:GHGR, my opinion of you is confirmed

That he is all talk and no walk... He should be required to change his name.. unless he is typing with one hand while shoving his lunch is his face quickly, he shouldn't call himself a cold caller, more like occasional dials

gethardgetraw's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-10-22

Hey!
I've been calling like a fiend. Yesterday some of the cold callers got a PM from me to see who could call the most by the end of the day. Mix it up a bit.Also, lunch is for wimps.
 

SometimesNowhere's picture
Joined: 2008-12-22

gethardgetraw wrote:Hey!
I've been calling like a fiend. Yesterday some of the cold callers got a PM from me to see who could call the most by the end of the day. Mix it up a bit.Also, lunch is for wimps.
 If you prospect with the same lame nonsense that you poop into these forums on a daily basis I can see why you get discouraged. If you called me I would tell you to go kill yourself.

gethardgetraw's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-10-22

Three serious posts by three serious people:
 
Sportsfreakbob wrote:OMG Madonna is my grandmother

 
Squash1 wrote:Is she a midget?? That whole show is retarded...
 
SometimesNowhere wrote: Does anyone else think it's weird that everyone is posting ridiculously hot women and Lawrence is talking about Bode Miller? WTF?

SometimesNowhere's picture
Joined: 2008-12-22

gethardgetraw wrote:Three serious posts by three serious people:
 
Sportsfreakbob wrote:OMG Madonna is my grandmother

 
Squash1 wrote:Is she a midget?? That whole show is retarded...
 
SometimesNowhere wrote: Does anyone else think it's weird that everyone is posting ridiculously hot women and Lawrence is talking about Bode Miller? WTF? I'm pretty serious. I would seriously tell you to go kill yourself.

gethardgetraw's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-10-22

I take your convictions pretty seriously.

skbroker's picture
Offline
Joined: 2007-06-16

Put the coffee down. Coffees are for closers

Ron 14's picture
Offline
Joined: 2008-07-10

SometimesNowhere wrote: gethardgetraw wrote:Hey!
I've been calling like a fiend. Yesterday some of the cold callers got a PM from me to see who could call the most by the end of the day. Mix it up a bit.Also, lunch is for wimps.
 If you prospect with the same lame nonsense that you poop into these forums on a daily basis I can see why you get discouraged. If you called me I would tell you to go kill yourself.
 
 

gethardgetraw's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-10-22

whew made it

MainStreet's picture
Offline
Joined: 2009-04-29

Sounds like the scene from "Deep Impact."

Please or Register to post comments.

Industry Newsletters
Investment Category Sponsor Links

 

Careers Category Sponsor Links

Sponsored Introduction Continue on to (or wait seconds) ×